Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Wiggins

Wiggins

Anybody see anything on what Wiggins is working on this offseason?

He needs to work on:

1. Handle
    2. Defensive awareness
    3. Shot selection

I know he's been working on his shooting but they all do that.

His handle reminds me of Barnes' He was always a good first step move from being a much better offensive player and he never really got it. Wiggins needs that ball handling/foot control to be able to get away from his defender to really take his game to the next level.

Wiggins needs to work on all of that but he needs to be more aggressive especially if he wants to go from being a fringe star to an All Elite level All Star superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Wiggins needs to work on all of that but he needs to be more aggressive especially if he wants to go from being a fringe star to an All Elite level All Star superstar
    I don't think his goal needs to be Elite Superstar ... he just needs to develop his game so he can be productive in the system he's playing in. The "superstar" stuff comes with winning and contributing to winning.

The Warriors version of "aggression" is taking the good shot when it's open. If he passes up shots they want him to take they will get annoyed with him. They don't really want players doing the typical "agressive" thing where they are going iso and "going hard" to score. They want him to move his body and move the ball and take the good shots the offense gives him.

Green and Curry push the pace but only Curry really takes contested shots on the Warriors regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't think his goal needs to be Elite Superstar ... he just needs to develop his game so he can be productive in the system he's playing in. The "superstar" stuff comes with winning and contributing to winning.

The Warriors version of "aggression" is taking the good shot when it's open. If he passes up shots they want him to take they will get annoyed with him. They don't really want players doing the typical "agressive" thing where they are going iso and "going hard" to score. They want him to move his body and move the ball and take the good shots the offense gives him.

Green and Curry push the pace but only Curry really takes contested shots on the Warriors regularly.
    well to be fair- Durant had the ability to be pretty aggressive and that was needed in the warriors system. In the Houston series back in 2018, It felt like steph and klay lacked aggression and durant had to carry them a few days because he was looking to score on guys rather than try to get open against good defense.

id like to see Wiggins more aggressive than either barnes or Iggy. But with the warriors- he does not need to be an elite player.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    well to be fair- Durant had the ability to be pretty aggressive and that was needed in the warriors system. In the Houston series back in 2018, It felt like steph and klay lacked aggression and durant had to carry them a few days because he was looking to score on guys rather than try to get open against good defense.

id like to see Wiggins more aggressive than either barnes or Iggy. But with the warriors- he does not need to be an elite player.
    Yes, KD was an excellent iso player, but him doing that was one of the problems he created for the team. Of course it was also one of the things he brought that they were kind of "missing".

We've seen Wiggins trying to be "the man" ... if he's going to succeed with the Warriors at least some of that is going to come from him no longer needing to do that job.

All I want him to be able to do is take advantage of the good chances he gets on offense, move his body, move the ball, and WORK HARD on defense. If he shoots 50% from 2 and 40% from 3 and gets 15 points a night playing within the offense and busts his *** on D then everything about him is win other than being over-paid.

Yes, KD was an excellent iso player, but him doing that was one of the problems he created for the team. Of course it was also one of the things he brought that they were kind of "missing".

We've seen Wiggins trying to be "the man" ... if he's going to succeed with the Warriors at least some of that is going to come from him no longer needing to do that job.

All I want him to be able to do is take advantage of the good chances he gets on offense, move his body, move the ball, and WORK HARD on defense. If he shoots 50% from 2 and 40% from 3 and gets 15 points a night playing within the offense and busts his *** on D then everything about him is win other than being over-paid.
    But scoring 15 a night people are going to see him as being less than a star if that

But scoring 15 a night people are going to see him as being less than a star if that
    I think 15 is on the low end but if he is getting 17-18 a game. He is shooting the spot ups well, and giving decent effort on defense.....while not disrupting the warriors system.... I think warriors coaching staff and front office would be good with that.

BTW scoring in the mid to high teens consistently- hes still a player whops capable of getting 25-28 points on any given night.

If he does that consistently and doesnt disrupt the system.... Im not worried about his contract considering the circumstances he was acquired. Warriors also have a good chance at a high level player on a rookie contract next season.

Yes, and that's fine. He doesn't need to be seen as a star to work for the Warriors.

I think 15 is on the low end but if he is getting 17-18 a game. He is shooting the spot ups well, and giving decent effort on defense.....while not disrupting the warriors system.... I think warriors coaching staff and front office would be good with that.

BTW scoring in the mid to high teens consistently- hes still a player whops capable of getting 25-28 points on any given night.
    Yes

just out of curiosity, what are we expecting from E Paschall in terms of positional rotation, playing time, and production? Are we expecting a clearly improved Paschall- or will he struggle to find his place on a competitive team?

Same goes for Jordan Poole. Can he be a back up combo guard and run the second unit? or is it going to be another development year? Poole is a guy I really think could have benefited from summer league.

just out of curiosity, what are we expecting from E Paschall in terms of positional rotation, playing time, and production? Are we expecting a clearly improved Paschall- or will he struggle to find his place on a competitive team?

Same goes for Jordan Poole. Can he be a back up combo guard and run the second unit? or is it going to be another development year? Poole is a guy I really think could have benefited from summer league.
    Paschall's new shot looks much improved. So I want improved efficiency and defense. I think he can get 20 minutes a game.

Poole finally figured it out down the stretch and looked really good in the dubble. I expect him to get 20 minutes a game too.

Kerr is going to be looking to win as much as possible while managing health and developing the young guys.

The question is what positions they will bolster in free agency ... that will have a bearing on Paschall and Poole's PT.

Golden State needs a big man at the 5 especially in free agency

Golden State needs a big man at the 5 especially in free agency
    I was looking for a little guy at the 5

This thread is going off the Wiggins rails