PF- Draymond Green
    C- James Wiseman

Still a pretty dangerous starting 5

Curry
    Wiggins
    Oubre
    Green
    Chriss

It's not really a debate on 4 of the 5. I think Chriss starts the season as a starter just because he's got a year in the system and they are both going to want to protect Wiseman's confidence so they will put him in where he's most likely to succeed, and Kerr is going to be reserved in putting him out in higher pressure situations.

I really hope Wiseman is special and crushes Chriss and Looney in TC - this is the only way we compete this year is if Wiseman is even better than advertised. Wiseman will start

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I really hope Wiseman is special and crushes Chriss and Looney in TC - this is the only way we compete this year is if Wiseman is even better than advertised. Wiseman will start
    Wiseman may indeed be better than advertised. In his second game of the yr, Jay bilas was calling him the consensus number 1 pick of the 2021. He could be a top 5 player in the league at some point in his career and still struggle in training camp and early on. Hes played 3 organized games in like 22 months!!! and now he is in the NBA? He is going to have to adjust to the speed of the game.

That being said- I think he should start. I dont think Looney or Chriss start on like 80% of the teams in the league- So if Wiseman isnt blowing us away the first month of the season.... Im not seeing a huge downside taking looney or chriss out of the starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    TC/Pre-season is really short this year so it's a little less likely, but who knows, anything is possible.

Rookie bigs tend to get hate on by refs and if Wiseman is getting called a lot early Kerr's not going to want him out there putting the team behind in the penalty.

Why are people so down on this team? There should be significant improvement at every position on the roster from last year.

It would be great to have Klay, but Oubre is about as good a substitute that the Warriors could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    TC/Pre-season is really short this year so it's a little less likely, but who knows, anything is possible.

Rookie bigs tend to get hate on by refs and if Wiseman is getting called a lot early Kerr's not going to want him out there putting the team behind in the penalty.

Why are people so down on this team? There should be significant improvement at every position on the roster from last year.

It would be great to have Klay, but Oubre is about as good a substitute that the Warriors could get.
    Oubre is an awesome substitute for Klay. And I hope he works out and sticks around and become a true Warriors. However - Klay going down stopped our trajectory in free agency.

Also improving upon last year won’t be hard to do. I am optimistic though - I like Wonnamker a lot. And, Bazemore and Wiseman as well need to play at a high level.

I think Wiseman with Klay being out especially as a rookie Wiseman breaks out right from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I think Wiseman with Klay being out especially as a rookie Wiseman breaks out right from the start
    We'll see. He's raw and Kerr doesn't have much patience for mistakes. But we'll see.

We'll see. He's raw and Kerr doesn't have much patience for mistakes. But we'll see.
    again- my initial expectations for Wiseman is to see a Damian Jones type presence out there with better hands. IM not expecting him to create his own offense AT ALL for a while. We might see a few highlight dunks in his first few games with draymond lobbing it to him on the weak side, collecting an offensive rebound after an oubre drive and dunking it back in, or a couple guys jumping out at steph and steph dropping it off to wiseman naked at the rim.

I hope he is more of a force on the defensive glass, and I want to see him running right down the middle of the floor every time up. Hopefully he will pull some defenders away from shooters on the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    again- my initial expectations for Wiseman is to see a Damian Jones type presence out there with better hands. IM not expecting him to create his own offense AT ALL for a while. We might see a few highlight dunks in his first few games with draymond lobbing it to him on the weak side, collecting an offensive rebound after an oubre drive and dunking it back in, or a couple guys jumping out at steph and steph dropping it off to wiseman naked at the rim.

I hope he is more of a force on the defensive glass, and I want to see him running right down the middle of the floor every time up. Hopefully he will pull some defenders away from shooters on the outside.
    Damian Jones played 10 games as a rookie. I hope for a LOT more than that from Wiseman. I want to see hustle and to see his game grow from game to game.

Damian Jones played 10 games as a rookie. I hope for a LOT more than that from Wiseman. I want to see hustle and to see his game grow from game to game.
    well coming in, I think wiseman has way better ball handling skills, he moves laterally better, and he is a lot faster from end line to end line. He is also about 2 inches taller than Jones was as a rookie. Obviously- id prefer he didnt have the injuries that jones had.

well coming in, I think wiseman has way better ball handling skills, he moves laterally better, and he is a lot faster from end line to end line. He is also about 2 inches taller than Jones was as a rookie. Obviously- id prefer he didnt have the injuries that jones had.
    Yes. You were the one who compared Wiseman to Jones

Yes. You were the one who compared Wiseman to Jones
    LOL well I meant the noteworthy things we see from wiseman early on will likely be similar to the things we saw Jones doing well. Catching a lob over 11 feet in the air and dunking it. getting an offensive rebound over a pack of people and getting an offensive putback dunk..... or just running hard down the floor and getting an easy basket running the floor.

I dont expect him to work someone in the post like Hakeem. I donbt expect the warriors to let him run the team from the post like Webber. I dont expect him to face guys up and take them off the dribble like Garnett in his early days.

LOL well I meant the noteworthy things we see from wiseman early on will likely be similar to the things we saw Jones doing well. Catching a lob over 11 feet in the air and dunking it. getting an offensive rebound over a pack of people and getting an offensive putback dunk..... or just running hard down the floor and getting an easy basket running the floor.

I dont expect him to work someone in the post like Hakeem. I donbt expect the warriors to let him run the team from the post like Webber. I dont expect him to face guys up and take them off the dribble like Garnett in his early days.
    Wiseman's agent showed video of him doing all of those things in an otherwise empty gym leading up to the draft, and he did look good, so who knows. I think the skill area is not going to be a big issue for Wiseman, it's going to be game IQ and learning the schemes and the NBA physicality.

Wiseman's agent showed video of him doing all of those things in an otherwise empty gym leading up to the draft, and he did look good, so who knows. I think the skill area is not going to be a big issue for Wiseman, it's going to be game IQ and learning the schemes and the NBA physicality.
    agreed- hes 19. other bigs and other coaching staffs will be able to put him in uncomfortable situations. whether they force him to guard a small on a pick and roll or bigs are very physical with him. Hopefully draymond can go at him in practice a few times early.

its actually really kind of exciting.... he might surprise everyone, he might not look like a lotto pick.