Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 241
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    32,187
    Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    Toppin is going to be Bobby Portis 2.0 on this roster until they trade Randle.
    Lmfao
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    32,187
    Payton
    Rivers
    RJ
    Randle
    Mitch

    Unless Randles traded. Which hopefully he is
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,755
    Or I would even go as far as

    PG- Elfrid Payton
    SG- Austin Rivers
    SF- RJ Barrett
    PF- Obi Toppin
    C- Mitch Robinson

    Julius Randle comes off the bench with the 2nd unit along with Burks, Ntilikina, Knox, DSJ, etc. off the bench

    Either way this Knicks team is pretty decent after this off season and that is me actually being nice and generous especially under Thibs

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    32,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Or I would even go as far as

    PG- Elfrid Payton
    SG- Austin Rivers
    SF- RJ Barrett
    PF- Obi Toppin
    C- Mitch Robinson

    Julius Randle comes off the bench with the 2nd unit along with Burks, Ntilikina, Knox, DSJ, etc. off the bench

    Either way this Knicks team is pretty decent after this off season and that is me actually being nice and generous especially under Thibs
    Hopefully 22-50 jump To #1
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,835
    I think Quickly is a great piece for Mitch and RJ, and will start sooner than later.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,578
    I have no clue what the starting 5 will be but a lineup I’m looking forward to seeing is:

    Frank-Quick-RJ-Obi-Mitch

    That will be fun.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,097
    What it should be

    PG- Quickley
    SG- Burke
    SF- Barrett
    PF- Toppin
    C- Mitch

    What it will be.

    PG- Rivers
    SG- Burks
    SF- Barret
    PF- Randle
    C- Noel

    I dont see Noel, Rivers, and Burks signing with the knicks at the amount they did on basically prove it deals, unless they were told they will have legitimate chances to start. If that were not the case they could have went to better teams to play the bench.

    Which is silly If you ask me, because its highly likely Rivers, Burks, Randle, and Noel won't even be Knicks next season.

    With that being the case, how much minutes will be left for players like Obi, Knox, Quickley, Frank, Smith etc.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,097
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    I think Quickly is a great piece for Mitch and RJ, and will start sooner than later.
    Exactly... him and Burks should start to space the floor for those two and Obi.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    32,187
    Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    What it should be

    PG- Quickley
    SG- Burke
    SF- Barrett
    PF- Toppin
    C- Mitch

    What it will be.

    PG- Rivers
    SG- Burks
    SF- Barret
    PF- Randle
    C- Noel

    I dont see Noel, Rivers, and Burks signing with the knicks at the amount they did on basically prove it deals, unless they were told they will have legitimate chances to start. If that were not the case they could have went to better teams to play the bench.

    Which is silly If you ask me, because its highly likely Rivers, Burks, Randle, and Noel won't even be Knicks next season.

    With that being the case, how much minutes will be left for players like Obi, Knox, Quickley, Frank, Smith etc.
    Doubtful
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by knickerbockerny View Post
    Exactly... him and Burks should start to space the floor for those two and Obi.
    With the shortened off season guys like Randle and Rivers could get a benefit of starting early in the season, I don't think it will last long.

    Quickly is nba ready for a SG role on this team. At Kentucky he showed he can thrive off the ball and spread the court for guys like maxey and hagans.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,755
    Or another lineup you can do

    PG- Immanuel Quickley (since he can play combo guard)
    SG- Austin Rivers
    SF- RJ Barrett
    PF- Obi Toppin
    C- Mitch Robinson

    My 2nd unit off the bench would consist of

    PG- Frank Ntilikina or Elfrid Payton
    SG- Alec Burks
    SF- Kevin Knox
    PF- Julius Randle
    C- Nerlens Noel

    Either way both units are pretty decent and y'all can become an 8th seed pretty easily

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,833
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I have no clue what the starting 5 will be but a lineup I’m looking forward to seeing is:

    Frank-Quick-RJ-Obi-Mitch

    That will be fun.
    Super fun. And some very good D.



    Ignorance is bliss

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,097
    Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    With the shortened off season guys like Randle and Rivers could get a benefit of starting early in the season, I don't think it will last long.

    Quickly is nba ready for a SG role on this team. At Kentucky he showed he can thrive off the ball and spread the court for guys like maxey and hagans.
    I just want Quickley to get minutes... Next season starts in under a month and its a lost season already. Get these guys playing time. 30 minutes each for Knox, Obi, and Barrett. These guys have to show something.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    28,326
    I honestly think this is a really hard question.

    They gave Burks the most money and he was the best player they signed so I feel like you an pencil him in at SG. RJ is the future so you can pencil him at SF. Mitch is the future so you can pencil him in at C. PG and PF are very confusing. If the Knicks had a game tomorrow, I think it'd be Payton. For some ridiculous reason (maybe the fact that they declined Payton's team option and resigned him on a discount), I don't think they want to start him. I think that was an "in case of emergency break glass" signing to at least give the Knicks a functional PG if Frank or DSjr fail to break out. I feel like Frank and Thibs will click and that a month from now Frank has a real chance to run the show.

    The other big question is PF. Randle is by far our highest paid player and arguably our best offensive player. How can you not start him? But Obi is the future and it wouldn't shock me at all if he led us in scoring as a rookie.
    He belongs in the lineup with RJ and Mitch. If Obi is amazing in camp and playing like a top 3 player on the team in camp do you say screw logic to slide him to SF just so he gets minutes? I know we want to trade Randle and get Obi in the lineup that way but the most important thing is Obi's minutes. He will have to play with Randle for some parts of the game.

    I just hope Thibs focuses on RJ-Obi-Mitch. They are all under rookie contracts and the only players that need to be a part of our future.
    Last edited by KnicksorBust; 11-28-2020 at 03:34 PM.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,173
    Thibs is not a fan of starting rookies because he's old school New York, earn your spot.

    Unfortunately we live in an age where athletes are pampered. They get traded where they want, when they want. Their entourage get everything. They get all the privileges and that's part of the reason why there are a lot of flash in the pans who work harder on instagram than they do on their basketball game.

    PG: In Orlando, Elfrid Payton's jump shot is also known as the John Bobbitt because no one can find it.
    SG: Austin Rivers has a clause in his contract where every Knick game he has to tell the sideline reporter what it was like to play meaningful games as a Clipper.
    C: Nerlen Noel who doesn't foul out as quickly as Moscow Mitch Robby.
    PF: Julius Randle is like New York real estate in 2020, no one wants it because the back taxes kills you.
    SF: RJ Barrett might defect to Canada and play in the CFL.

    Bench:

    PG: Dennis Smith JR blames Taco Bell and Fortnite for his jump shot.
    SG: Frank Ntilikina can't wait to leave via FA.
    C: Moscow Mitch Robinson is on pace to commit more fouls at his age than any NBA player at his age.
    PF: Old Man Toppin will be dunkin' more doughnuts than rims
    SF: Kevin Knox re-enrolls at Kentucky thanks to Kenny Payne.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •