Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    You said you won't criticize Pace for getting/extending him, but you literally criticized the extension in your previous post. Educated people should have the capacity to realize irony.
    I think educated people should have the capacity to read properly. I criticized the contract structure, not that they extended him. I also just said the contract is poor, which it is.

I never claimed I always felt this way, or that I didnít understand the trade when it was made. Stop chasing false narratives
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 12-06-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    States that someone canít write at a 5th grade level, yet canít even write a simple sentence correctly.. talk about irony brother! Go back and find one typo in my posts, take the L

Since you canít do either (recognize irony or spell correctly) does that make you uneducated?
    I changed smart to dumb, but that didn't really affect the sentence. Sorry I had people in there twice. I'm not actively looking for typos, your punctuation just makes it look like a child wrote it. Here you go though "like itís relevant to the point in making".

I never claimed to be educated, I claimed you shouldn't be taking shots at people while writing like a child. I recognized the irony in your post, so I guess I can. Also, you didn't find a spelling mistake buddy. None of those words were spelled incorrectly lol.

I changed smart to dumb, but that didn't really affect the sentence. Sorry I had people in there twice. I'm not actively looking for typos, your punctuation just makes it look like a child wrote it. Here you go though "like itís relevant to the point in making".

I never claimed to be educated, I claimed you shouldn't be taking shots at people while writing like a child. I recognized the irony in your post, so I guess I can. Also, you didn't find a spelling mistake buddy. None of those words were spelled incorrectly lol.
    move the **** along and let me be happy in peace that this terrible GM might finally get fired.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 12-06-2020 at 07:39 PM.

I never claimed to be educated, I claimed you shouldn't be taking shots at people while writing like a child. .
    You need a period between the two complete sentences. I recommend a semicolon.

Can I offer your own advice back to you? I learned basic grammar in 7th grade.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 12-06-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Saying he's not a top defensive player is ridiculous.

And if your goal is to have anyone take your opinion seriously then resorting to petty insults isn't the way to get there.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-06-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    If you take out his first game as a bear he hasnít been any better than a guy like Bradley Chubb. Still an elite defensive player but he isnít a top 5 defensive player anymore. Too many games like today where you donít even realize heís on the field

The contract was pretty much exactly what you would expect for a player of his caliber pre-2018 and he went out and played like an animal in the first season, winning DPOY.

Theres nothing disgusting about the contract. Its the price you pay for elite talent on their 2nd contract. Unfortunately the impact numbers aren't looking the same since but only hindsight sees that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

And if your goal is to have anyone take your opinion seriously then resorting to petty insults isn't the way to get there.
    If somebody has something rude or bush league to say Iím going to respond everyday of the week. If the expectation here is to take that crap and not respond, then thatís too bad, donít expect me to fall in line

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    The contract was pretty much exactly what you would expect for a player of his caliber pre-2018 and he went out and played like an animal in the first season, winning DPOY.

Theres nothing disgusting about the contract. Its the price you pay for elite talent on their 2nd contract. Unfortunately the impact numbers aren't looking the same since but only hindsight sees that.

Thereís nothing disgusting about giving him that contract in 2018, but the contract is disgusting in 2020. Iím not casting blame but it is what it is. I would have extended him too but in 2020 I would have buyers remorse. Was he even on the field today?

Thatís the only point Iím making - in 2020 the bears would rather have the cap space than Mack

No matter what I posted 3 years ago, doesnít change the likely fact that thatís how they feel in 2020. And itís hard to blame them for feeling the return on the investment hasnít been great.
    Last edited by PeanutPunch33; 12-06-2020 at 08:20 PM.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post

It's not the Mack contract that was wrong anyway. It's how he's built the rest of the team. When he made that trade, he was doubling down on Mitch and Nagy to put an offense together. If that part of the agreement works out, nobody cares about Mack not having enough sacks. The peripheral numbers are there. Mack is a great player, but yeah, he can't do it on his own.

Anyway, the bigger point here is just because Pace's overall body of work has sucked doesn't mean every move he's made has been bad or made no sense.

If somebody has something rude or bush league to say Iím going to respond everyday of the week. If the expectation here is to take that crap and not respond, then thatís too bad, donít expect me to fall in line
    That's fine, but I doubt too many are going to waste their time debating with you if you're going to react this way. You told someone to STFU, referred to some as schmucks, and got pissy about grammar.

This is just sports dude, not life and death. Not worth getting this heated over.

That's fine, but I doubt too many are going to waste their time debating with you if you're going to react this way. You told someone to STFU, referred to some as schmucks, and got pissy about grammar.

This is just sports dude, not life and death. Not worth getting this heated over.
    To be honest Iím not a native English speaker, so when someone says those types of things it really strikes a nerve. But I understand I have reacted like this in other situations and I apologize for it.

You need a period between the two complete sentences. I recommend a semicolon.

Can I offer your own advice back to you? I learned basic grammar in 7th grade.
    Well, basic grammar didn't teach a comma is fine on a short phrase sentence.

The only reason my response to you was attacking is because you said whatever about educated people. Don't expect me to fall in line either, I'll just repeatedly make you look stupid despite your edits.

If you take out his first game as a bear he hasnít been any better than a guy like Bradley Chubb. Still an elite defensive player but he isnít a top 5 defensive player anymore. Too many games like today where you donít even realize heís on the field
    I agree, he hasn't really shown on the stat sheet. I'm a little disappointed this year, especially with considering the Quinn addition. Guys aren't showing on the stat sheet as they should. Pff still has Mack as the 2nd ranked edge defender this year. I see some things with my eyes that disappoint me, but I factor in these stats as well.

Thereís nothing disgusting about giving him that contract in 2018, but the contract is disgusting in 2020. Iím not casting blame but it is what it is. I would have extended him too but in 2020 I would have buyers remorse. Was he even on the field today?
    It is what is is man. We paid a guy what he was worth. There are metrics that say he's still worth it. Eye test says not so much. Either way, he's still the focal point of every offensive gameplan. He still commands double teams nearly every play. You still see guys kick block and focus back on helping on Mack. We paid Mack to be superman, but that's just not possible if the rest of the front doesn't deserve any attention.

To be honest Iím not a native English speaker, so when someone says those types of things it really strikes a nerve. But I understand I have reacted like this in other situations and I apologize for it.
    I only initially got on you for the educated people comment. I normally wouldn't do that. I should have restrained myself as well, so sorry bro.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728