Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what protocol are they even using to determine how many positives equals postponement? ....and when might these situations no longer be postponements, but forfeits? or are they going to be content with winning percentages at the end, whether 16 games are played or not?
    The issue is they don't. Earlier this year the Niners game was kept at the same time despite the big outbreak with one of the teams that week. The Raiders game was moves up with them having all those issues.

I wonder if the NFL would shift this game to a "week 18" on an "as needed" basis, so if the game effects the standings for either team then play; and if it doesn't need to be played they just skip it.

The downside of a forfeit is if the game isn't played then the CBA says the players don't need to be paid. Now Art Rooney II has said in the past that if the game were cancelled outright (aka forfeit) he would still pay the players regardless, because they did work that week in preparing for the game. Would be interesting to see if the Steelers did do that, would the Ravens do the same.

what protocol are they even using to determine how many positives equals postponement? ....and when might these situations no longer be postponements, but forfeits? or are they going to be content with winning percentages at the end, whether 16 games are played or not?
    There is no protocol. They're making it up as they go.

Top priority is playing every game. Gotta get that TV revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I'm a NE fan and I hated and liked the fact of trying to go undefeated if I were a Steelers Fan I would wanna lose a game or two now in the regular season than make it all the way and lose it. Even after 13 yrs I still can't get that SB loss out of my head. If the Steelers do go to 16-0 or 18-0 or even 19-0 there's no doubt it's because they had one of the league's easiest schedules of all time.
    wait, a Patriots fan, whose team had 6 games a year against the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins where in most years none of the 3 were much good...is going to talk about how easy the Steelers' schedule is?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Ravens coach breaks COVID protocol. 4th day of positive tests.

wait, a Patriots fan, whose team had 6 games a year against the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins where in most years none of the 3 were much good...is going to talk about how easy the Steelers' schedule is?
    Everyone is....so...whatever.

Just looked it up. The year the Pats were undefeated the Dolphins/Jets/Bills have a combined 12-36 record. Rest of the AFCN is 15-14-1 right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by warfelg; 11-27-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Everyone is....so...whatever.

Just looked it up. The year the Pats were undefeated the Dolphins/Jets/Bills have a combined 12-36 record. Rest of the AFCN is 15-14-1 right now.

guess it depends on how people view the Browns, Titans, Colts, and Ravens then? that's 6 of their games
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yupppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp HA HA HA.

Vince to Gronk

Sounds like another positive test for the Ravens today; who it should be noted, did not close the facility Monday or Tuesday after finding out about positive tests.

https://twitter.com/ravens/status/13...977332741?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Wooohooo! More days of football!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Really makes ya wonder what's going to happen once the playoffs start and a team has a covid outbreak.

I really think after January 20th it'll probably be moot anyway, tbh. League probably be paused but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Really makes ya wonder what's going to happen once the playoffs start and a team has a covid outbreak.

I really think after January 20th it'll probably be moot anyway, tbh. League probably be paused but we'll see.
    I bet they do some sort of large scale bubble. If not for the entire playoffs, maybe for divisional round through SB week. The large number of personnel will make it difficult, but maybe they can split into two bubbles for each conference, then move everyone to TB for the two weeks leading up to the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I bet they do some sort of large scale bubble. If not for the entire playoffs, maybe for divisional round through SB week. The large number of personnel will make it difficult, but maybe they can split into two bubbles for each conference, then move everyone to TB for the two weeks leading up to the SB.
    Not a bad idea, if they wanna ensure the best chance to complete the season.

Steelers RB James Conner and an unnamed coach have tested positive for the Steelers.

Steelers RB James Conner and an unnamed coach have tested positive for the Steelers.

Told ya, they should take the L on this one [emoji23]

It's not fair that the Steelers are out here catching COVID, they should be forced to forfeit the remaining games

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast