Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Should there be expansion, which cities should be considered for an NBA team?

Since we have 30 teams in the NBA and if the league were to expand to 32 teams and we end up with 2 more teams in the NBA, which cities should be considered for NBA teams?

My list of cities:

1- Seattle
    2- Tampa Bay
    3- St. Louis
    4- Nashville
    5- Montreal
    6- Vancouver
    7- Kansas City
    8- Pittsburgh
    9- Baltimore
    10- San Diego

The 2 cities that should get a team: Seattle and Tampa Bay

Seattle and Vancouver.
    Both teams got their franchise stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Seattle and Vancouver.
    Both teams got their franchise stolen
    I can agree with you on Seattle and Vancouver getting their franchises stolen from them and they deserve a 2nd chance

If that were to happen,

Seattle would obviously be in the Eastern Conference

Vancouver would be in the Western Conference

No, there's already not enough talent to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    This^

Few things NBA needs to do before expanding is move teams out of markets that aren't working. Yes there are some around like that. Second they need to fix the economic structure to ensure there is some concept of talent spreading out. Third they need to help themselves with the talent pool by fixing (in any way) the one and done rule.

I don't think expansion needs to happen but when it does I see Vancouver as one of the leading suitors. Basketball has TAKEN OFF in Canada since the Grizzlies inception in 95 but back then Canadians didn't really care for basketball. The only reason the Raps didn't end up like the Grizz is because they got Vince.

I still remember going to free Raptor games as a child. They were literally giving tickets away the first few years whether it be in the paper or in a Pizza Pizza promotion.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't think expansion needs to happen but when it does I see Vancouver as one of the leading suitors. Basketball has TAKEN OFF in Canada since the Grizzlies inception in 95 but back then Canadians didn't really care for basketball. The only reason the Raps didn't end up like the Grizz is because they got Vince.

I still remember going to free Raptor games as a child. They were literally giving tickets away the first few years whether it be in the paper or in a Pizza Pizza promotion.
    Little Caesars?

I honestly think the bigger issue with Vancouver was the proximity to Seattle and if someone liked the NBA already they were likely already Seattle fans. Basically, Toronto wasn't close to another NBA city, Vancouver is.

If they ever expand and Seattle isn't the first city to get a team, the NBA shot itself in the face.

Adjust the expansion draft a little to get them some talent. Also specially now. Is not such a bad idea for them to add 2 teams. It would help them recoup some of the billions of dollars they lost due to covid. Seattle I believe already build an arena. I dont know about the other cities

This tired old thread again? Thereís not enough talent to go around now because of Max contracts.

Each team should get one uncapped slot and bang, the 30 best players will (more or less) be on 30 different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I would actually like to see the league get rid of a couple teams before thinking about expanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I honestly think the bigger issue with Vancouver was the proximity to Seattle and if someone liked the NBA already they were likely already Seattle fans. Basically, Toronto wasn't close to another NBA city, Vancouver is.

If they ever expand and Seattle isn't the first city to get a team, the NBA shot itself in the face.
    Let me get this right. Canadian fans didnít want to support a Canadian team because they could go across the border to support an American team? Toronto is just a few hours away from Detroit. Probably closer than Vancouver is to Seattle. So I donít get what youíre saying.

Let me get this right. Canadian fans didnít want to support a Canadian team because they could go across the border to support an American team? Toronto is just a few hours away from Detroit. Probably closer than Vancouver is to Seattle. So I donít get what youíre saying.
    Vancouver -> Seattle = 2 hours
    Toronto -> Detroit = 4 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I can agree with you on Seattle and Vancouver getting their franchises stolen from them and they deserve a 2nd chance

If that were to happen,

Seattle would obviously be in the Eastern Conference

Vancouver would be in the Western Conference
    Or just let Memphis and nop be in the east or whoever is closest I can't be bothered to check

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Or just let Memphis and nop be in the east or whoever is closest I can't be bothered to check
    Yup those 2 are the closest. It would change the league to.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast