Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by CeltBruinSoxFan View Post
    the OL could not even stop 4 men from getting into the backfield. It was kind of gross. The OL as a whole has taken a step back from the beginning of the year. You could put Derrick Henry back there and he would probably only average 3 ypc. If we make the playoffs, it will be solely on a defense that needs to get turnovers to win.
    Thats why I'm not really focused on the playoffs. It would be cool but this offense has a very low ceiling. It would take so many things going right and Gailey would need to kill it. Everyone already sees that this team is trending upwards. I dont think going 8-8 vs 9-7 and getting stomped in the playoffs by KC or Pitt is going to really dampen us recruiting free agents.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    Thats why I'm not really focused on the playoffs. It would be cool but this offense has a very low ceiling. It would take so many things going right and Gailey would need to kill it. Everyone already sees that this team is trending upwards. I dont think going 8-8 vs 9-7 and getting stomped in the playoffs by KC or Pitt is going to really dampen us recruiting free agents.
    true. I would love to make the playoffs, because once you get in, anything can happen. the problem with FA is that this regime wants young FA guys, or 2nd tier FA players. So the team is already segmenting out a lot of potential FA buys, solely focused on youth and development. Unless they see someone within their age range (under 30 y.o) and a cultural fit, like Byron Jones . . . i think we're going to see alot of 2nd tier type of guys being signed, who will most likely sign with MIA because of location, no state taxes, and potential for playing time under Flores.

true. I would love to make the playoffs, because once you get in, anything can happen. the problem with FA is that this regime wants young FA guys, or 2nd tier FA players. So the team is already segmenting out a lot of potential FA buys, solely focused on youth and development. Unless they see someone within their age range (under 30 y.o) and a cultural fit, like Byron Jones . . . i think we're going to see alot of 2nd tier type of guys being signed, who will most likely sign with MIA because of location, no state taxes, and potential for playing time under Flores.
    I think its different now though, that flores will be going into his 3rd season and we are actually good.

Spending money before didn't make sene.

But also, Flores comes from the Pats who valued 2-3 good players over 1 star. So far that method has proven brilliant so I don't think he will get away from that.

I don't think its because we don't want to spend as much as being smart with cap space has high value to Flores. With all the draft picks we have had, and still have, we can draft and develop our stars and sign mid level guys to fill out the roster.

I think that plan makes the most sense.

Quote Originally Posted by KodytheKing View Post
    I don't think we will have anymore problems getting free agents. It just depends on the price of the player.

Flores has instilled that culture in Miami, that this is a franchise for guys who want to play hard and take their job seriously. Bringing in Lawson and Ogbah on short term deals showed that free agents in prove it years want to Come to mia.

the pats thrived on these kinds of players.

I mean I felt like that was true too, but then they went and got Jones and KVN. I think the team is willing to be aggressive in FA if they have a very specific plan for a player. Dont forget that they were in on Thuney until NE franchised him at the last second.

We obviously don't have the same crazy money as last year, so I could see them going aggressive on maybe one guy like Thuney and then go for more Ogbah like signings. Take shots at guys with high upside but have just failed elsewhere or had injury issues. Thats like the number one belief this team has had since Flo and Grier took over.

Welcome Back Sweet Prince

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123