Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Boogie to Houston

I kept waiting for a thread to get created to discuss this, as this is pretty old news now. But even though this is a non-guaranteed vet minimum deal, the signing felt discussion worthy.

As a Rockets fan, I'm obviously intrigued by the guy's talent and overall game, but his injury history and locker room resume scare the hell out of me. I love that Stone has gone out of his way to rebuild the Rockets' front court, though, and I could even see the occasional lineup with Cousins and Wood on the floor together given Wood's flexibility.

What's everyone's thoughts in terms of expectations for Boogie? Does this move the needle at all for the Rockets in trying to keep Harden and contend next season? Or do you think he's washed or too broken to legitimately contribute?

Boogie to Houston

He canít defend and the league should make a rule preventing him from dribbling itís so ugly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-25-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I think heís pretty cooked at this point. Multiple serious lower body injuries to a really big body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low risk, high reward move for the Rockets. Idk what his weight and injury status are currently. 2 things he struggles with, physically. As far as attitude goes, I feel like he's been better his last couple stops. I like the signing, not sure it changes Harden wanting to be a Net.

It's an underrated signing. It replaces Jeff Green with an even more explosive bench scorer, rebounder, and passer. You lose Green's defensive versatility to switch.

No, you probably don't want him taking as high of a volume of jumpers as Houston is going to ask him to take, but if you stagger him in when Westbrook is off of the floor it can work better. Assuming he's healthy, I for sure see better than Green's statline: 15/8/3-AST 48%FG 35%3PT.

Can't wait to watch him call for the inbound so he can dribble the ball up the floor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Hes done.

I'd be a hypocrite if I bashed Boogie since I was hoping he'd sign with us. At worst it's a low risk medium reward move.

Houston is a good spot for him. I don't think he'll be asked to be in the post too much, which plays to Houston's advantage. His purpose is to space the floor and allow Harden and Westbrook to drive at will. If he can hit 3s at even a 35% clip (which he's done the last 3 years he's played) then he's solid for them.

What more could Houston ask for? A big that is a threat from outside and plays to Harden and Westbrook's strengths. Why not?

Good move for houston imo. At worst he's trash but he's on a minimum.

Im very interested in what he has left in the tank, if the Clips didn't get Ibaka I would have wanted to take a flier on him. They should've gona hard after Dwight lol no seriously tho, isn't this sort of like Melo 2.0 in Houston?

Man, I hope this guy can get back to even a bit of what he was. I used to love watching him play, especially in New Orleans when they were led by the Bigs (I went to the game where he dribbled by JV a few years back )

Not sure if its the best situation though with how uncomfortable it might be when it comes to team morale, but to be fair, I haven't heard anything of him with locker room issues in anywhere but Sacramento. He seemed to be pretty good in NO, and Golden State.

Are guys allowed to waive the NTC attached to the vet min 1 yr deal? Cause if so, maybe if he's getting better but Houston is heading downwards, he waives it and they get some value back?
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Low risk signing. Itís not unfathomable he ends up playing well. But multiple serious lower bony injuries for a big man and my expectation is that heís totally washed and this is an inconsequential signing. But I donít mean that to say it was a bad deal for Houston to try. Itís just difficult to really generate much discussion on this because the variables are his health as opposed to his fit or playing style which are easier to discuss. Until I see where heís at physically and how he adjusts to the type of role those physical capabilities warrant I canít really give any meaningful input.

Boogie at this point seems like he could have a Carmelo-level impact on the Rockets ó a minimum contract who could outperform whatever he's getting paid, but isn't really worth any more. Let's not forget how effective Boogie is as a shooter