Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Not clear they are not going to be practicing though so that's something I guess. Also they left it open that they might play in a pre-season game, but the practice is the thing

I can't wait to see how the Warriors do in pre season

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I can't wait to see how the Warriors do in pre season
    I don't really care about pre-season and neither does Kerr. It's all about practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't really care about pre-season and neither does Kerr. It's all about practice.
    well the thing is.... last yrs pre season looked bad, and then the beginning of the yr looked bad. Kerr did not have the team ready to go and eventually it turned into a tanked season. I think fans are hoping that this yrs roster is ready to go and we are concerned that 40% of the starting line up isnt even having a pre season (including a guy who hasnt played an organized game in over a yr.

thats not at all a concern to you? considering we threw last yr away to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    well the thing is.... last yrs pre season looked bad, and then the beginning of the yr looked bad. Kerr did not have the team ready to go and eventually it turned into a tanked season. I think fans are hoping that this yrs roster is ready to go and we are concerned that 40% of the starting line up isnt even having a pre season (including a guy who hasnt played an organized game in over a yr.

thats not at all a concern to you? considering we threw last yr away to get him.
    For super young teams pre-season results might matter, but generally not. Last season was not going to be great when Klay got hurt and KD opted to leave and the team got hard capped in order to maintain some flexibility and lost Iguodala, Livingston. They went in the tank because of Curry's injury. But last year was openly about developing young players.

Regardless of history, what matters is the real games. I don't know why Kerr would keep Wiseman and Green out of PS games if they are practicing unless it's just to avoid any negative PR perception which would make me think it's a "suggestion" from the NBA.

For super young teams pre-season results might matter, but generally not. Last season was not going to be great when Klay got hurt and KD opted to leave and the team got hard capped in order to maintain some flexibility and lost Iguodala, Livingston. They went in the tank because of Curry's injury. But last year was openly about developing young players.

Regardless of history, what matters is the real games. I don't know why Kerr would keep Wiseman and Green out of PS games if they are practicing unless it's just to avoid any negative PR perception which would make me think it's a "suggestion" from the NBA.
    I dont think wiseman and green are practicing with the team either.....

I dont think wiseman and green are practicing with the team either.....
    Not yet, but so far I haven't heard that they won't practice with the team before the season starts.

Warriors in pre season last night lookin like the Warriors of old...I was impressed

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Warriors in pre season last night lookin like the Warriors of old...I was impressed
    they had a 20 point lead- and allowed the nuggets to get back into it with constant trips right down the lane. Fitz and Buikee were talking about the length of all their players helping them literally at the same time we watched the nuggets take turns getting right to the basket for 2-3 minutes straight. Better than last yr, not the warriors of old- i dont know if they are as good as the 2013 warriors who were a 6th seed.

I think im going to create a preseason thread to expand my opinions of the game

they had a 20 point lead- and allowed the nuggets to get back into it with constant trips right down the lane. Fitz and Buikee were talking about the length of all their players helping them literally at the same time we watched the nuggets take turns getting right to the basket for 2-3 minutes straight. Better than last yr, not the warriors of old- i dont know if they are as good as the 2013 warriors who were a 6th seed.

Yeah the bench group of players who haven't played together but for like 4 practices it wasn't too bad. I do wonder how Kerr is going to manage those rotations though.

Center position took 5 threes which is kind of crazy for Kerr's history, but he's been pushing them to shoot MORE.

a lot of the lay up line was happening on smiley. I think someone said he was a good defender last yr. he was getting absolutely destroyed in pick and roll coverage..... I know he is lacob's sons find but the guy is not an nba player. Last yr- I thought his best case scenario was an Andrew Declerq level guy..... but that seems incredibly optimistic.

a lot of the lay up line was happening on smiley. I think someone said he was a good defender last yr. he was getting absolutely destroyed in pick and roll coverage..... I know he is lacob's sons find but the guy is not an nba player. Last yr- I thought his best case scenario was an Andrew Declerq level guy..... but that seems incredibly optimistic.
    Yeah, he was getting lost on defense. He's still fairly raw. He's also cheap and young, so too soon to give up on him.

I don't understand when people say "not an nba player" ... the NBA has included fairly long careers for some pretty awful players. Smiley has an NBA contract, and has played in NBA games ... he literally IS an NBA player. If the point is that he's not ready to be a significant contributor to a title contender then yes and nobody is arguing with you. If the point is that he'll never be ready, then I think that's fairly fast to give up on a player ... bigs used to regularly take 3 years to develop and we are just barely into year 2 but year 1 was truncated so it's not even normal.

Smiley deserves more time.

Yeah, he was getting lost on defense. He's still fairly raw. He's also cheap and young, so too soon to give up on him.

I don't understand when people say "not an nba player" ... the NBA has included fairly long careers for some pretty awful players. Smiley has an NBA contract, and has played in NBA games ... he literally IS an NBA player. If the point is that he's not ready to be a significant contributor to a title contender then yes and nobody is arguing with you. If the point is that he'll never be ready, then I think that's fairly fast to give up on a player ... bigs used to regularly take 3 years to develop and we are just barely into year 2 but year 1 was truncated so it's not even normal.

Smiley deserves more time.
    OK- maybe to clarify. Smiley is not a rotation player on a competitive team. he has an nba contract-but hes better served as a stabalizer in the g league than a guy you can count on to come in and contribute to a winning team.

If he couldnt get minutes last yr- when guys like ky bowman and Bender were getting 25 minutes in a game.... LOL Smiley does not "deserve" minutes. He has to earn minutes....and I havent seen that.

OK- maybe to clarify. Smiley is not a rotation player on a competitive team. he has an nba contract-but hes better served as a stabalizer in the g league than a guy you can count on to come in and contribute to a winning team.

If he couldnt get minutes last yr- when guys like ky bowman and Bender were getting 25 minutes in a game.... LOL Smiley does not "deserve" minutes. He has to earn minutes....and I havent seen that.
    Yeah. He was a VERY raw athletic big man with good body control and good attitude. He's developed his offense supposedly reasonably well, but his defense is still very much being worked on. That said he looked a lot worse in that pre-season game than I expected ... though Chriss did too.

Warriors vs Nets on Tuesday...y'all face KD on Tuesday...this is the matchup I really wanna see especially since KD is playing close to the KD of old if pre season was any indication but also because of the bad blood between him and Draymond

This is the matchup that we should have got on Christmas Day rather than Warriors/Bucks which to me makes no sense

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast