Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 249
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,026
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    maybe you're right.... but shouldnt they be on the same page on something like that. I mean the pandemic is going to be a problem they are going to face when they are going into office. Although at that point it might be about going through the last 3-4 months or so of vaccinations. And of course as the population is getting vaccinated- numbers should start to drop for deaths and cases.... LOl and that will be viewed as a result of Bidens leadership.
    If you are asking me if I think Biden/Harris are going to be good for the country my answer would be no. I think Biden is bought and paid for and Harris has no actual position on anything, she's for sale.

    Trump was terrible, Biden will be terrible. I hope we get actual good choices for 2024.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,676
    Looks like Green and Wiseman are the 2 with Covid....

    Cassidy Hubbarth
    @CassidyHubbarth
    Steve Kerr said James Wiseman and Draymond Green did not practice today. When asked about James Wisemanís absence: "I will not comment on that any further. You can make your own deductions."


    This cant be good for Wiseman's chances of starting. They also didnt practice today- so they arent getting through this as fast as Trump did.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,431
    Then in that case if Draymond and Wiseman are both out

    Your Warriors starting 5 then would look like this

    PG- Steph Curry
    SG- Kelly Oubre Jr.
    SF- Andrew Wiggins
    PF- Eric Paschall
    C- Kevon Looney

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Then in that case if Draymond and Wiseman are both out

    Your Warriors starting 5 then would look like this

    PG- Steph Curry
    SG- Kelly Oubre Jr.
    SF- Andrew Wiggins
    PF- Eric Paschall
    C- Kevon Looney
    1) I think the flip oubre and Wiggins in that line up.

    2) They may start Jordan Poole in the first preseason game with curry and go with a small line up to get out and run.

    3) Green and Wiseman arent out for the season. Although its weird. They tested positive 8 or 9 days ago. They are suppose to miss 10-12 days (assuming they are able to test negative). That brings them back in the next day or so. Its weird because it came out yesterday that those were the 2 that tested positive- and a lot of news outlets are assuming its 10-12 days from yesterday!

    4) while I think its good to get this out of the way early, and im hoping a few more of the players have had it over the summer and didnt know about it..... this is really not good time for wiseman not to be running some 5 on 5 with his new team.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,026
    Training camp is so short I doubt a loss of a few days is really going to make a big difference in Wiseman's career.

    PG Curry
    SG Wiggins
    SF Oubre
    PF Paschall
    C Chriss

    Seems likely to me. Wiggins at 2 and Paschall at 4. Kerr prefers Looney off the bench, and I expect him to shoot more this year.

    This short pre-season sucks most for the guys trying to make a roster. 20 guys used to get many pre-season games and weeks of practice to show that they belonged.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Training camp is so short I doubt a loss of a few days is really going to make a big difference in Wiseman's career.

    PG Curry
    SG Wiggins
    SF Oubre
    PF Paschall
    C Chriss

    Seems likely to me. Wiggins at 2 and Paschall at 4. Kerr prefers Looney off the bench, and I expect him to shoot more this year.

    This short pre-season sucks most for the guys trying to make a roster. 20 guys used to get many pre-season games and weeks of practice to show that they belonged.
    His career??.... I didnt mean to imply that I think his career has been destroyed. LOL, but it could impact the start to his season.... and if hes able to get on the floor at all the first couple weeks.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,431
    Steph is literally going to have to carry this team on his back especially now that Klay is out and we don't know how long Draymond and Wiseman are going to be out but Steph is going to have to be ballin out for the Warriors to even stand a chance like think Harden carrying the Rockets...it is going to have to take a herculean effort on Steph's part for Golden State to navigate through this Western Conference

    Unless Oubre and Wiggins end up playin like All Stars which could very well happen

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Steph is literally going to have to carry this team on his back especially now that Klay is out and we don't know how long Draymond and Wiseman are going to be out but Steph is going to have to be ballin out for the Warriors to even stand a chance like think Harden carrying the Rockets...it is going to have to take a herculean effort on Steph's part for Golden State to navigate through this Western Conference

    Unless Oubre and Wiggins end up playin like All Stars which could very well happen
    LOL- that's a little bit over dramatic. They have covid, they didnt contract HIV. I know I down play injuries and everyones different and bla bla but covids effects on the vast majority of regular healthy people under 55 yrs old are blown WAYYYY out of porportion. Wiseman is already back at the facility during practice. Apparently he has tested negative, but he is just waiting for the 10-12 day period per league protocol. The coaching staff have all been interacting with him, zaza sat next to him for over an hour yesterday on the balcony explaining what was happening in practice.

    Green is still on social media, he is just waiting to test negative. The coaching staff are not worried.

    Its worth noting that hundreds of NFL players have tested positive and all but like 3 were back after one missed game. With all the risks a pro athlete faces every time they suit up..... testing positive for covid is not something they should worry about ending their career.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,431
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    LOL- that's a little bit over dramatic. They have covid, they didnt contract HIV. I know I down play injuries and everyones different and bla bla but covids effects on the vast majority of regular healthy people under 55 yrs old are blown WAYYYY out of porportion. Wiseman is already back at the facility during practice. Apparently he has tested negative, but he is just waiting for the 10-12 day period per league protocol. The coaching staff have all been interacting with him, zaza sat next to him for over an hour yesterday on the balcony explaining what was happening in practice.

    Green is still on social media, he is just waiting to test negative. The coaching staff are not worried.

    Its worth noting that hundreds of NFL players have tested positive and all but like 3 were back after one missed game. With all the risks a pro athlete faces every time they suit up..... testing positive for covid is not something they should worry about ending their career.
    Yeah but they obviously don't want to spread the thing around and they have to get like how many negative tests before they can be with the team or play again...my point being that Golden State's chances are not lookin good right now unless Curry puts this team on his back or Wiggins and Oubre one or both play like superstar caliber All Stars then Golden State either is a 2nd round team or a Conference Finals team at best

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,431
    Golden State Warriors- The Warriors have never shied away from adding a superstar to their core of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. Andrew Wiggins and Kelly Oubre Jr. could be used to match salary in a deal centered around James Wiseman, the No. 2 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Steph is literally going to have to carry this team on his back especially now that Klay is out and we don't know how long Draymond and Wiseman are going to be out but Steph is going to have to be ballin out for the Warriors to even stand a chance like think Harden carrying the Rockets...it is going to have to take a herculean effort on Steph's part for Golden State to navigate through this Western Conference

    Unless Oubre and Wiggins end up playin like All Stars which could very well happen
    That's not the way Kerr works. Curry's contribution is in the threat of him, not riding him. They are going to try to make the offense work with motion, speed, and defense.

    The playoffs are a different animal, but that's a different discussion.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Golden State Warriors- The Warriors have never shied away from adding a superstar to their core of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green. Andrew Wiggins and Kelly Oubre Jr. could be used to match salary in a deal centered around James Wiseman, the No. 2 pick in the 2020 NBA Draft.
    "Never shied away from adding a superstar" ... they did it exactly once.

    They need to replace Klay, Iguodala, and Livingston ... and they've got Wiggins, Oubre, and Wanamaker. Add to that that they have added and are developing Poole, Paschall, Wiseman, and Chriss.

    Fundamentally the Warriors are ranked where the media ranks them because they sucked last year and people have short memories and they don't know what THIS team will play like.

    Clearly this is not the same team as it was, but it's still got a chance to be good.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,676
    apparently wiseman and green are likely to sit out the entire pre season, but they are both back at the practice facility. Wiseman really really really needs to get reps in - but they have him sitting their practicing alone (same thing hes been doing for the last 14 months haha)

    We got joker and the nuggets coming in on saturday and we could use some size....Im not sure wiseman is going to be ready to be throwin into a live game opening night or on xmas

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,026
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    apparently wiseman and green are likely to sit out the entire pre season, but they are both back at the practice facility. Wiseman really really really needs to get reps in - but they have him sitting their practicing alone (same thing hes been doing for the last 14 months haha)

    We got joker and the nuggets coming in on saturday and we could use some size....Im not sure wiseman is going to be ready to be throwin into a live game opening night or on xmas
    Where did you get that they would miss the entire pre-season? Harden can party at a strip club and supposedly play after 6 consecutive clean tests.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Where did you get that they would miss the entire pre-season? Harden can party at a strip club and supposedly play after 6 consecutive clean tests.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •