Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 213
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Warriors couldn't come CLOSE to offering Ibaka what he got, and Batum said he only wanted to go to LA.

    Wiseman being soft was a primary concern with him in the draft, but he's also very very raw still and being asked to do things he's never had to do before. He's very clearly over-thinking everything, but that said he is getting better in general.
    Yes- but the talking points leading up to free agency is that the warriors are an orgainzation that attracts a lot of players- and the first name they went after was brad wannamaker? Im not saying it had to be ibaka- but they needed to really really sell their organization to free agents but it looked like the warriors throught they had a clear contender and were just rounding out their 3rd string with Bazemore and wanamaker. .... in reality they needed to make moves to shift the standings projections.

    For gods sakes- why is JTA still on the payroll if you are serious about being competitive

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They were often slow starters with KD I noticed like everyone was waiting to see who was hot that night and not wanting to step on any toes. I think this team is more that they still don't know which lineup is best, and in part they don't play their best game with Wiseman in because he's just not up to speed yet and starting him is going to slow them down some early. That said, they are still learning how a VERY different team plays together with very limited time to practice it.
    I thionk steve kerrs system might be complicated for the average player. it seems a lot of players are playing worse than they did on other teams other than wiseman. Oubre seemed to get better every yr under almost any other coach before this yr.... and its odd that a player would have such a steep drop off at 24 yrs of age. Wanamaker was said to be a very high iq player and he hasnt figured out how to be productive on a consistent basis (personally- id just give his minutes to jordan poole and nico mannion). I would have done that and used his salary slot on a guy like hassan whiteside

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,457
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Scoots, that was so obviously a joke......in response to "I expect chef curry to go off tomorrow"
    Okay ... you are such a negative nancy I thought you were serious.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,457
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Yes- but the talking points leading up to free agency is that the warriors are an orgainzation that attracts a lot of players- and the first name they went after was brad wannamaker? Im not saying it had to be ibaka- but they needed to really really sell their organization to free agents but it looked like the warriors throught they had a clear contender and were just rounding out their 3rd string with Bazemore and wanamaker. .... in reality they needed to make moves to shift the standings projections.

    For gods sakes- why is JTA still on the payroll if you are serious about being competitive
    Yeah, there was a lot of talk by fans and the press who had nothing of substance to talk about. The pandemic put the cap and the next round of contracts into serious question which lead to players being much more conscious of getting money now as much as they could, then the league and players agreeing to artificially inflate the cap suddenly teams had more money than expected.

    The reality is the Warriors has VERY limited money to offer during free agency. And the NBA system is kind of broken when it comes to LeBron (and his agency) and a title in LA slanting the entire NBA for them. I wish Miami had stayed healthy and taken them down.

    Bazemore and Wanamaker were not at the top of my list of players who took deals around the minimum, but I think they are both good fits and good players.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,457
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I thionk steve kerrs system might be complicated for the average player. it seems a lot of players are playing worse than they did on other teams other than wiseman. Oubre seemed to get better every yr under almost any other coach before this yr.... and its odd that a player would have such a steep drop off at 24 yrs of age. Wanamaker was said to be a very high iq player and he hasnt figured out how to be productive on a consistent basis (personally- id just give his minutes to jordan poole and nico mannion). I would have done that and used his salary slot on a guy like hassan whiteside
    It's absolutely complicated. Takes a while for players to get comfortable in it.

    In a post about the complicated system you also talk about adding one of the dumbest players in the NBA in Whiteside?

    I've been saying it all along, but you are going to have to be a little patient because this team had a lot of turnover and it's going to take time to figure it out.

    I wanted Hernangomez and would rather have several players than JTA, but JTA is just a functional roster filler. We'll see what happens with time, but right now he has the main advantage of at least knowing the system.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,653
    They almost lost yesterdays game because it appeared they were worried about Stephs numbers more than just continuing to run their offense and score the ball. They were constantly giving it to steph as he had 2-3 guys on him..... and not giving it to his team mates who were routinely left wide open (often at the rim).

    Also- am I the only one who is seeing the lack of defense on Green. A couple weeks ago, they just werent guarding him at the 3 point line. Now it appears that even when he is in the paint 7 or 8 feet from the basket.... Often the defense isnt even looking at him. LOL- I honestly feel like your average highschool player could figure out a way to get a good shot up in those situations.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,457
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    They almost lost yesterdays game because it appeared they were worried about Stephs numbers more than just continuing to run their offense and score the ball. They were constantly giving it to steph as he had 2-3 guys on him..... and not giving it to his team mates who were routinely left wide open (often at the rim).

    Also- am I the only one who is seeing the lack of defense on Green. A couple weeks ago, they just werent guarding him at the 3 point line. Now it appears that even when he is in the paint 7 or 8 feet from the basket.... Often the defense isnt even looking at him. LOL- I honestly feel like your average highschool player could figure out a way to get a good shot up in those situations.
    They are still figuring it out. They won games with Steph getting the ball pretty much every trip down, the league adjusts, then the team adjusts, it takes longer when you are trying to work in new players and new lineups.

    That said, last night was UGLY down the stretch.

    I've said it before, Green was at his best when playing for Walton, and Walton was the only coach who told him to look for his offense. I think to some extent Green is trying to force everyone into the offense and not taking the shots he gets offered to him on a platter.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,126
    Looking bad tonight but Oubre is on one. We need to win ugly games. Letís see if we can pull this out. Wiseman needs to get better with his fouls. Itís early and heís young. He gets some bs ticky tack calls that will change. He just needs to learn. Hope to see some improvement by the end of the season as he gets more PT.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,457
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Looking bad tonight but Oubre is on one. We need to win ugly games. Letís see if we can pull this out. Wiseman needs to get better with his fouls. Itís early and heís young. He gets some bs ticky tack calls that will change. He just needs to learn. Hope to see some improvement by the end of the season as he gets more PT.
    Wiseman is doing fine for the most part. Refs always abuse young bigs. He's starting to get the offense, but he's still just a little out of position most of the time.

    Paschall plays that game and it's probably an easy win.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wiseman is doing fine for the most part. Refs always abuse young bigs. He's starting to get the offense, but he's still just a little out of position most of the time.

    Paschall plays that game and it's probably an easy win.
    Maybe will never know

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,126
    Harden traded. Hopefully we can make a play at Tucker now. Heíd be great off the bench.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,457
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Harden traded. Hopefully we can make a play at Tucker now. Heíd be great off the bench.
    Little chance. We'll see.

    Nets have 3 roster slots to fill and will get a couple $5M slots to use to fill them.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Little chance. We'll see.

    Nets have 3 roster slots to fill and will get a couple $5M slots to use to fill them.
    Why would they get 5 mill slots?

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,457
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Why would they get 5 mill slots?
    MLE and injury exception for Dinwiddie.

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    16,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    MLE and injury exception for Dinwiddie.
    They didnít already use the MLE? And makes sense forgot heís out.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •