Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Warriors Pre Season 2020

Saw the game last night and I wanted to make a few notes as to what i saw from the team and individuals.

1) Wiggins actually did look a little bit bigger. (lol despite all the fake photos going around the last couple weeks)

2) Im not feeling curry with the new haircut or with the headband

3) Looney looks better than last year, he is moving a lot better. Id still want wiseman to be noticeably better.

4) Bazemore and Jordan Poole are better than any bench players we had on the team last yr. Also- I dont care what they say. Jordan Poole is a 2, and Damian Lee is going to be out of the rotation before valentines day.

5) Wanamaker is going to be a good back up. he has some Jarrett Jack in him, but he kinda moves like a poor mans andre miller.

6) Defensive rebounding was an issue. size in general was pretty bad. Hopefully wiseman helps. It wasnt just size against the joker- warriors had a hard time with most of their 4s and 5s.

7) I wanted to see more improvement from Paschall and Chriss. Its been one game... so we will see. I want to see an aggressive paschall if he comes in with the second unit.

8) I think im going to like Nico Mannion. I know he was 0-4 and he missed a lay up late. but the guy looks like hes a better athlete than his nbadraft.net's nba comparisons (Luke ridnour, chris quin).... I mean seriously- i know he is like bleach white.... but hes got a good first step, really good handles, and some bounce.

I know he missed everything, but there were 2 shots I thought were down for sure. I fear that if we dont have a d league he wont get the reps and confidence that he needs..... but I think he has a very good chance to be full time back up by next yr.

I loved Steph with the new haircut and the headband...hell his brother Seth is wearing headbands so why can't Steph do it? Steph still looked lethal regardless

I agree with almost everything you said except Stephís haircut.

Wanamaker has some Jack and Livingston in him. I wish he was 28 and not 31 - but he has a game that will age and I hope he sticks.

Paschal looks like a playmaker and heíll improve with more reps. Iím surprised I didnít see more from Chriss as well.

It was noticeable having Draymond out of the lineup - our defensive rebounding will improve with him out there 100%. Thatís a good reason why we lacked on that end last night.

With a healthy Green back and if Wiseman can be good defensively - then this team absolutely has the players to make this a top 10 defense.

Wiseman...
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 12-14-2020 at 12:49 AM.

Just glad it wasnít a disastrous start

Paschall's man defense was much improved. He still struggles to maintain his new shooting motion.

Wiggins and Oubre are looking like good defenders so far.

Chriss looked tentative but his ball movement was clearly improved.

The whole team was better prepared than I expected. So far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Paschall's man defense was much improved. He still struggles to maintain his new shooting motion.

Wiggins and Oubre are looking like good defenders so far.

Chriss looked tentative but his ball movement was clearly improved.

The whole team was better prepared than I expected. So far so good.
    I know buikee and fitz were talking about his dramatically changed shooting form".... but I really didnt see a dramatic change. He still jumps too high, still releases after the peak, and he still doesnt square his feet up (even on catch and shoot opportunities)

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I know buikee and fitz were talking about his dramatically changed shooting form".... but I really didnt see a dramatic change. He still jumps too high, still releases after the peak, and he still doesnt square his feet up (even on catch and shoot opportunities)
    Yep. There were a couple times it looked closer to the old shot, but it's hard to change a form that was "working". Also the truncated training time this offseason isn't helping him or any of the other 2nd year players.

[QUOTE=Scoots;33741479]Yep. There were a couple times it looked closer to the old shot, but it's hard to change a form that was "working". Also the truncated training time this offseason isn't helping him or any of the other 2nd year players.[/QUOTE]

I didnt notice a specific skill that Jordan Poole showed- and it wasnt just his stat line 4-4. Poole looked like a better player. He looked like a guy who can get to his spot on the floor on a regular basis.

Re-watching the game, Smiley actually did a decent job in his first half minutes. 2nd half the whole team got really sloppy. Maybe tired from not going so hard for so long yet?

Wiseman and Green both practiced with the team today. Apparently wiseman covers a lot of ground. has good length and moves well laterally. Steve Kerr left open the possability of them playing in thursdays game. He wanted to see them get through a full scrimmage.

for what its worth- wiseman is running drills teamed up with steph and draymond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMIp6h5EsFc

Looks like Wiseman is working well, and he moves good even when surrounded by NBA players.

Okoro and Avdija looked good in their PT so far, so it's looking like a pretty good draft so far.

Looks like Wiseman is working well, and he moves good even when surrounded by NBA players.

Okoro and Avdija looked good in their PT so far, so it's looking like a pretty good draft so far.
    in the few clips I saw of ball- he looks kinda like rubio without the defense. He doesnt have a good shot and it takes like 2 seconds for him to release the shot- so a defender can recover while guarding him from 6 feet away. Hes got good size, has a good mind...... but he is not a strong 6 8 guy.

Im hoping Nico mannion has a better night tomorrow for the warriors..... but I think as preseason games go on- we might see more of the expected rotation. (Not sure nico mannion is in there at the moment). The point guard spot might be played by curry, wanamaker... and maybe a little bit of jordan poole.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    in the few clips I saw of ball- he looks kinda like rubio without the defense. He doesnt have a good shot and it takes like 2 seconds for him to release the shot- so a defender can recover while guarding him from 6 feet away. Hes got good size, has a good mind...... but he is not a strong 6 8 guy.

Im hoping Nico mannion has a better night tomorrow for the warriors..... but I think as preseason games go on- we might see more of the expected rotation. (Not sure nico mannion is in there at the moment). The point guard spot might be played by curry, wanamaker... and maybe a little bit of jordan poole.
    I said months ago that there were 2 players coming in to this draft that had elite level skills, Ball and Okoro. Ball is an elite passer, and that is it. Okoro an elite defender. Defense is more useful than passing so that comparison was a no brainer ... the problem is that often players drafted for defense don't develop an offense. Okoro in 1 game made me confident that is not going to be a problem for him.

Avdija the question was the relative athleticism of the leagues ... looks like that's not going to be a problem for him.

Edwards had a lazy/stupid problem, looks like that may be true. Poor Wolves fans.

Haliburton has a great brain and good size/shot but limited athleticism ... that's exactly what he's shown.

At the moment, in the top 15 the players who may be a problem from what I've seen so far are Ball, Edwards, Toppin, and in exactly the ways predicted.

I said months ago that there were 2 players coming in to this draft that had elite level skills, Ball and Okoro. Ball is an elite passer, and that is it. Okoro an elite defender. Defense is more useful than passing so that comparison was a no brainer ... the problem is that often players drafted for defense don't develop an offense. Okoro in 1 game made me confident that is not going to be a problem for him.

Avdija the question was the relative athleticism of the leagues ... looks like that's not going to be a problem for him.

Edwards had a lazy/stupid problem, looks like that may be true. Poor Wolves fans.

Haliburton has a great brain and good size/shot but limited athleticism ... that's exactly what he's shown.

At the moment, in the top 15 the players who may be a problem from what I've seen so far are Ball, Edwards, Toppin, and in exactly the ways predicted.
    I think people may need to re assess what ball role is coming into the league. The guy is a project with some huge upside, but hes probably a few yrs away from the player he is being portrayed as. expecting him to be a franchise savior in year 1 really was never a reasonable.

Edwards= JR Rider LOL... also drafted by the twolves.

Haliburton was always the safest lotto pick in the draft. smart player who can run an offense and will find a way to help basically any team from day 1.

Im not sure if avdija is mike dunleavy or Luka. Although- getting mike dunleavy with the 9th pick in a mehhh draft might not be too bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast