Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I want them to win because I want them to win and make some waves in the playoffs because it's fun. I don't have any illusions of them being able to challenge for a title this year, but I want the winning to go as long as possible. I do NOT want there to be any major injuries though.
    No doubt, I think we make it out the first but after that naw. And even beating the Jazz if we get there wonít be easy. Minus Mitchell they donít scare me but they still have a damn good team.

This is exactly why you dont tank and aim to sneak into the playoffs.

For a team that has played together for so long- they really dont prioritize taking care of the ball. even curry and green make plays extremely complicated and predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    This is exactly why you dont tank and aim to sneak into the playoffs.

For a team that has played together for so long- they really dont prioritize taking care of the ball. even curry and green make plays extremely complicated and predictable.
    "a team that has played together for so long"? Green, Curry, Looney, and Lee are the only players still on the team from 2 years ago and Lee didn't play.

This outcome is why I said the game depends not on Curry but on Curry's teammates producing. When his teammates don't step up the offense gets a lot more predictable and that makes the windows for passes smaller.

The refs allowing the opponent to be extra physical makes it even worse because they don't have any other kind of offense they can rely on.

On the bright side, better draft pick and more health.

It all comes down to luck of the lottery for the Warriors because if Minnesota's pick falls out of top 4, you guys get their pick right? Or is it their pick if it is a top 4 goes to you guys?

Either way with that pick and you get Klay back healthy and at 100 percent but also bring back Oubre

Wiseman comes back healthy next year

Along with Poole and Wiggins

Then is all that enough to be a Contender in the West? Most definitely but to topple teams like the Lakers and Clippers next year, is it doable even with a healthy Warriors? I would definitely say so

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    It all comes down to luck of the lottery for the Warriors because if Minnesota's pick falls out of top 4, you guys get their pick right? Or is it their pick if it is a top 4 goes to you guys?

Either way with that pick and you get Klay back healthy and at 100 percent but also bring back Oubre

Wiseman comes back healthy next year

Along with Poole and Wiggins

Then is all that enough to be a Contender in the West? Most definitely but to topple teams like the Lakers and Clippers next year, is it doable even with a healthy Warriors? I would definitely say so
    Warriors pick can be 1-4 and they keep it. Wolves pick is the Warriors if it's #4 or later.

Ideally the Warriors win the lottery and get #1 and the Wolves end up at #4. Worst case is the Wolves end up at #9 and the Warriors at #14.

If it's #1 and #4 I'd go for Cade and Green. No point in speculating beyond that at the moment. Just too many variables.

Warriors pick can be 1-4 and they keep it. Wolves pick is the Warriors if it's #4 or later.

Ideally the Warriors win the lottery and get #1 and the Wolves end up at #4. Worst case is the Wolves end up at #9 and the Warriors at #14.

If it's #1 and #4 I'd go for Cade and Green. No point in speculating beyond that at the moment. Just too many variables.
    We def ainít landing the top pick but letís pray that the wolves pick lands 4/5 and gives us a crack at a top prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    We def ainít landing the top pick but letís pray that the wolves pick lands 4/5 and gives us a crack at a top prospect.
    It's not definite that we won't it's just not likely

Should the warriors look to move one of the picks to get some veteran help for steph curry? They have Jordan Poole, Wiseman, and Paschall on the roster now. Do they add another 2 young players and expect to compete? or maybe package Poole with the 14th pick for a veteran point guard?

Should the warriors look to move one of the picks to get some veteran help for steph curry? They have Jordan Poole, Wiseman, and Paschall on the roster now. Do they add another 2 young players and expect to compete? or maybe package Poole with the 14th pick for a veteran point guard?
    We got to wait and see where the picks land but I wouldnít give up Poole. Iíd def give up Paschall tho.

It depends on who they could get. Most of the vet PGs that would be "available" for trade are not worth it.

They play 10-12 players deep that leaves room for 5 limited minute development players who are not in the regular rotation.

These 5 are virtual locks for next year:
    Curry
    Klay
    Wiggins
    Green
    Looney

Very likely to be on the roster next year:
    Wiseman
    Poole
    JTA

Probably on the roster next year:
    Paschall
    Lee

That's only 10 players. There is therefore room for as many as 7 slots to fill. 2 to the draft picks, a reasonable possibility Smiley and Mannion are in there somewhere. Bazemore is a possibility. There is PLENTY of room for maneuvering for roster fillers.

I don't know what is possible to do with Oubre.

As for the "available" PGs Colney and Lowry will almost certainly be WAY outside the Warriors money range and they probably want a lot more PT than they are likely to get with the Warriors. There is an outside chance they could make a move for TJ Mcconnell or Lonzo Ball as decent PG prospects to mix with the bench and starting Warriors.

Trade Oubre basically well package him, your own pick and Poole to another team

It depends on who they could get. Most of the vet PGs that would be "available" for trade are not worth it.

They play 10-12 players deep that leaves room for 5 limited minute development players who are not in the regular rotation.

These 5 are virtual locks for next year:
    Curry
    Klay
    Wiggins
    Green
    Looney

Very likely to be on the roster next year:
    Wiseman
    Poole
    JTA

Probably on the roster next year:
    Paschall
    Lee

That's only 10 players. There is therefore room for as many as 7 slots to fill. 2 to the draft picks, a reasonable possibility Smiley and Mannion are in there somewhere. Bazemore is a possibility. There is PLENTY of room for maneuvering for roster fillers.

I don't know what is possible to do with Oubre.

As for the "available" PGs Colney and Lowry will almost certainly be WAY outside the Warriors money range and they probably want a lot more PT than they are likely to get with the Warriors. There is an outside chance they could make a move for TJ Mcconnell or Lonzo Ball as decent PG prospects to mix with the bench and starting Warriors.
    Next solution would be picking davion Mitchell with one of our lotto picks. I think hes a senior and pretty nba ready right away. (its hard to tell where he will fall- I dont think he has the potential to land at the t wolves pick, but he might be gone a little bit before the warriors own pick.

See if Paschall could be used to move the other lotto pick up a few spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Trade Oubre basically well package him, your own pick and Poole to another team
    any player or position we should try to get back? or just trade that package to any team that will take it for anything in return.... to clear roster space?

any player or position we should try to get back? or just trade that package to any team that will take it for anything in return.... to clear roster space?
    I'd like a vet big, and apparently Myers wants the same thing. The problem is the old ring chasers are too old and are not ring chasing as much. I think the level of preparation/fitness work players are putting in is extending their primes, but they also seem to fall off a cliff much faster than they used to.

Funny that all this way in what they want is Iguodala/Livingston/Barbosa and West/Speights/Lee ... seems they have a type.

No point really talking about players without even knowing where the pick will be. One thing that is clear is that no matter where those picks are there is a near certainty there will be a player who will be a future all-star on the board. It's just going to be up to the Warriors to pick the right ones and develop them.

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast