Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    seems like thats what we were saying last yr. Im wondering if thats going to be an every year thing. Just kicking the can of expectations down the road and looking towards next yr.
    Just stop. Injuries ended the chances of even making the playoffs early last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Just stop. Injuries ended the chances of even making the playoffs early last year.
    lol and this yr..... we are still talking about next yr

seems like thats what we were saying last yr. Im wondering if thats going to be an every year thing. Just kicking the can of expectations down the road and looking towards next yr.
    Injury’s cost us last year and the loss of Klay this year is why we aren’t a serious threat to win it all. It’s unlikely that we will ever be locks to win it every year like we were during that run. I know you want guarantees but that’s just not normal dude. We’re gonna scare some one this year but next year we’re gonna be dangerous. Growth of Wiseman will be big. Poole’s growth has been huge. Then if we land the wolves pick and a 4-5 talent that would be game changing. We’d be deep again for the first time in ages.

lol and this yr..... we are still talking about next yr
    Yeah, and this year they are still VERY injured but Curry is there and they are doing much better. Last year the team was decimated and needed to tank to keep the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Injury’s cost us last year and the loss of Klay this year is why we aren’t a serious threat to win it all. It’s unlikely that we will ever be locks to win it every year like we were during that run. I know you want guarantees but that’s just not normal dude. We’re gonna scare some one this year but next year we’re gonna be dangerous. Growth of Wiseman will be big. Poole’s growth has been huge. Then if we land the wolves pick and a 4-5 talent that would be game changing. We’d be deep again for the first time in ages.
    Also the Warriors own mid-round pick and Wiggins is getting it and playing efficient with good defense. This team is MUCH better than last year, and next year should be much better again.

I just hope they figure out how to get something for Oubre too.

Let’s go gents... starting solid

Well that def stung... let’s go handle ours against the Griz. Def not gonna be easy.

Well that def stung... let’s go handle ours against the Griz. Def not gonna be easy.
    if they dont win against the grizz- they are absolutely screwed. it will be 2 straight yrs in currys prime out of the playoffs.

BTW- it isnt just injuries. The team did not bring int he caliber of free agents it needed to and they didnt even try to use the disabled player exception (even though they have been running an 8 man rotation for the last 6 weeks.)

if they dont win against the grizz- they are absolutely screwed. it will be 2 straight yrs in currys prime out of the playoffs.

BTW- it isnt just injuries. The team did not bring int he caliber of free agents it needed to and they didnt even try to use the disabled player exception (even though they have been running an 8 man rotation for the last 6 weeks.)
    How does losing 1 game "absolutely screw" them? If they win that game all is good?

It's never just been injuries. The NBA system is built to tear down top teams using money, and that's what happened to the Warriors on top of the injury issues. And the injury issues have been big. 2 years ago if KD, Klay, Iguodala, Livingston, and Cousins don't get hurt in the playoffs the Warriors have 4 rings in 5 years, and last year they make the playoffs at least. Last year the roster construction was going to be a major issue with being hard capped, but it was clearly the right decision. Injuries then wiped out last season. This season they have been snake bitten again by injuries, but even with that they still achieved their goal of just making the playoffs (so far).

The disabled player exception still uses a roster spot and there were not really any players out there willing to come that would make sense.

How does losing 1 game "absolutely screw" them? If they win that game all is good?

It's never just been injuries. The NBA system is built to tear down top teams using money, and that's what happened to the Warriors on top of the injury issues. And the injury issues have been big. 2 years ago if KD, Klay, Iguodala, Livingston, and Cousins don't get hurt in the playoffs the Warriors have 4 rings in 5 years, and last year they make the playoffs at least. Last year the roster construction was going to be a major issue with being hard capped, but it was clearly the right decision. Injuries then wiped out last season. This season they have been snake bitten again by injuries, but even with that they still achieved their goal of just making the playoffs (so far).

The disabled player exception still uses a roster spot and there were not really any players out there willing to come that would make sense.
    I think a lot of the injuries are more of an over cautious culture than real though. I was listening to sports talk thismorning on the way to the gym and they were complaining that lebron was making his hit to the eye too dramatic (which I agree with) but these same guys made a 4 week long story about curry falling on his butt (which happens to players across the league atleast 10-12 times every single night- yet with curry is a season defining thing) Heck jordan poole fell pretty had against memphis the other night and it wasnt a story at all.

I think a lot of the things can be prevented. I mean paschall was said to be getting back to normal for like 3 weeks before he got back. Oubre is in a contract yr and he cant be bothered to suck it up for a play in game? Wiseman has a real injuyry now but he couldnt be counted on consistently before that OR in college.

I think a lot of the injuries are more of an over cautious culture than real though. I was listening to sports talk thismorning on the way to the gym and they were complaining that lebron was making his hit to the eye too dramatic (which I agree with) but these same guys made a 4 week long story about curry falling on his butt (which happens to players across the league atleast 10-12 times every single night- yet with curry is a season defining thing) Heck jordan poole fell pretty had against memphis the other night and it wasnt a story at all.

I think a lot of the things can be prevented. I mean paschall was said to be getting back to normal for like 3 weeks before he got back. Oubre is in a contract yr and he cant be bothered to suck it up for a play in game? Wiseman has a real injuyry now but he couldnt be counted on consistently before that OR in college.
    You do know that if you see video of two seemingly identical car accidents the outcome of one could be death of an occupant and the other everyone walks away right? Do you really think every time someone falls down the outcome will be equal?

You do know that if you see video of two seemingly identical car accidents the outcome of one could be death of an occupant and the other everyone walks away right? Do you really think every time someone falls down the outcome will be equal?
    No but I think it would be questionable if I saw a car bump another car while backing up in a parking lot and the driver claimed it was 10 times worse than the guy in the car that collided head on at 60 mph. (comparing steph currys fall to Jordan pooles). I suppose its possible i could be wrong.... but its atleast questionable.

esp when every single time a warriors player goes down its wayyy longer than similar injuries with other players around the league.

No but I think it would be questionable if I saw a car bump another car while backing up in a parking lot and the driver claimed it was 10 times worse than the guy in the car that collided head on at 60 mph. (comparing steph currys fall to Jordan pooles). I suppose its possible i could be wrong.... but its atleast questionable.

esp when every single time a warriors player goes down its wayyy longer than similar injuries with other players around the league.
    People can dies in those parking lot bumps. I got hit by a car doing 50mph and went head first through the windshield and was fine ... it scared them and they slammed on their brakes after they hit me and launched me off the front of the car and when I landed I broke my back. Injuries don't conform to what you might think from video. Last week KD was elbowed in the face hard ... he got a bruise, I've seen similar plays break bones, and a few times it has effectively ended careers even though they looked similar.

Yes, the Warriors seem to be having a lot more health issues since Chelsea left.

Injury talk... def my first joy on this forum.

It’s do or die day... let’s go

Injury talk... def my first joy on this forum.

It’s do or die day... let’s go
    I want them to win because I want them to win and make some waves in the playoffs because it's fun. I don't have any illusions of them being able to challenge for a title this year, but I want the winning to go as long as possible. I do NOT want there to be any major injuries though.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast