Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Warriors if they can get a star it is going to have to be through a trade but where?

I would probably do a deal with the Knicks if I'm the Warriors

I would trade Oubre, Wiggins, Looney and a Warriors 1st to New York for Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina

Randle in Golden State paired up with Steph, Draymond, Wiseman, Curry and a healthy Klay when he comes back...the Warriors instantly become the biggest threat in the West once again

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Warriors if they can get a star it is going to have to be through a trade but where?

I would probably do a deal with the Knicks if I'm the Warriors

I would trade Oubre, Wiggins, Looney and a Warriors 1st to New York for Julius Randle and Frank Ntilikina

Randle in Golden State paired up with Steph, Draymond, Wiseman, Curry and a healthy Klay when he comes back...the Warriors instantly become the biggest threat in the West once again
    Good God no. Oubre and Wiggins are the Warriors 2nd and 3rd best defenders right now, Wiggins is shooting a career best, Looney is the only other real big on the team AND a 1st round pick that is looking like it's going to be a mid round pick. And you want to trade all that for Randle who doesn't significantly replace what is lost with that group. I really don't see how that helps the Warriors much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Good God no. Oubre and Wiggins are the Warriors 2nd and 3rd best defenders right now, Wiggins is shooting a career best, Looney is the only other real big on the team AND a 1st round pick that is looking like it's going to be a mid round pick. And you want to trade all that for Randle who doesn't significantly replace what is lost with that group. I really don't see how that helps the Warriors much at all.
    Luckily- I dont think the trade even comes close to working under the cap. Wiggins, Looney and Oubre make over 50 million combined. Randle and frank n make around 25 million combined. Also- im not sure randle is a star.

Wiseman flashing more offensive skill tonight is great but know what I noticed that was even better? Heís getting a lot better at jumping straight up to contest shots. Not picking up the stupid fouls. Still want to see him improve his positioning both offensively and defensively... looks lost at times. But itís clear heís improving with each game.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Wiseman flashing more offensive skill tonight is great but know what I noticed that was even better? Heís getting a lot better at jumping straight up to contest shots. Not picking up the stupid fouls. Still want to see him improve his positioning both offensively and defensively... looks lost at times. But itís clear heís improving with each game.
    His head is still spinning it seems he's thinking every step through. His fouls are still the common rookie big fouls. Look at all the calls he's been called on then look for that same level of contact not getting called when it's on Curry over and over and over.

Im not sure if its a strength issue, he is afraid to pick up fouls or a lack of aggression- but I expected him to be a better rebounder out of the gate. It seems like as soon as he is boxed out, he doesnt put up a fight at all to get to the ball. Also- a lot of times, he doesnt really jump for boards when he is in traffic. It just seems like there are many times when he is the biggest guy on the floor and he isnt even putting up a fight to keep balls alive.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Im not sure if its a strength issue, he is afraid to pick up fouls or a lack of aggression- but I expected him to be a better rebounder out of the gate. It seems like as soon as he is boxed out, he doesnt put up a fight at all to get to the ball. Also- a lot of times, he doesnt really jump for boards when he is in traffic. It just seems like there are many times when he is the biggest guy on the floor and he isnt even putting up a fight to keep balls alive.
    He's been working on boxing out which is good, but I think he doesn't know how much hand fighting is allowed in the NBA for boards yet.

He def needs a little more weight but I think itís more positional. He improves there and his numbers will go up. I also think heís not use to going up against this level for boards. Heís been able to get by on pure athleticism and being bigger most of his career. That doesnít work in the NBA

He def needs a little more weight but I think itís more positional. He improves there and his numbers will go up. I also think heís not use to going up against this level for boards. Heís been able to get by on pure athleticism and being bigger most of his career. That doesnít work in the NBA
    He already weighs more than the majority of centers he's going to play against, it's just using it that he needs to work on. Frankly he's doing better than I expected him to. For bigs it's a HUGE leap in skill of opponents going from high school to the NBA. His speed from end to end is exceptional and that's something that is not really something bigs learn after they get to the NBA so that's a good sign. His shooting stroke is slow and deliberate which means it doesn't work in traffic all that well, but that will come with time but the positive is that his form is good and the results are good. His hands have been iffy but that too is not a natural skill issue but more a problem with his head spinning.

Looking at Edwards, Ball, and the other top picks it's clear to me that Wiseman is the best of the bunch so far. Edwards and Ball have major shooting issues ... both are form and decision issues so they may be fixable. Haliburton, Avdija, and Okoro all look good but were not worth the #2 pick in potential (but they'd be nice to have).

Next year there are several better guards available than anyone in this past draft.

I sort of feel like his length and athletic ability alone should make him more of a force on the glass right now..... and protecting the rim for that matter.

I sort of feel like his length and athletic ability alone should make him more of a force on the glass right now..... and protecting the rim for that matter.
    I don't care about total rebounds. I wish he was more aggressive on the offensive boards, but the scheme may have him sprinting back on defense when the shot goes up. Have to watch how they use him when he comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't care about total rebounds. I wish he was more aggressive on the offensive boards, but the scheme may have him sprinting back on defense when the shot goes up. Have to watch how they use him when he comes back.
    Im not just talking about numbers of rebounds either. keeping balls alive, fighting to tip a ball out if he cant grab it like bogut did a lot. He is such a good athlete- and has great length- id just like to see him grab some boards 11 feet in the air once in a while in traffic. Id love to see him enhale a few offensive boards and explode back up for a dunk a few times a game (which I really think he can do btw) Beidrins use to do it all the time..... and I think wiseman is bigger, longer, and more athletic than Beans.... probably stronger too.

Iíd have hoped so. But rebounding is hugely positional. He isnít good at slipping in and out of spaces. Iíd like his total to be higher and I think it will be in time. Warriors also use their centers to block out so they can have someone else swoop in and push.

Im not just talking about numbers of rebounds either. keeping balls alive, fighting to tip a ball out if he cant grab it like bogut did a lot. He is such a good athlete- and has great length- id just like to see him grab some boards 11 feet in the air once in a while in traffic. Id love to see him enhale a few offensive boards and explode back up for a dunk a few times a game (which I really think he can do btw) Beidrins use to do it all the time..... and I think wiseman is bigger, longer, and more athletic than Beans.... probably stronger too.
    It takes time for young bigs to develop those parts of their game. Look at 3 other 19 year old bigs NBA seasons in comparison.

Rookie year per36 (pts rebs blks):
    Giannis: 22.5 10 1.4
    AD: 16.9 10.2 2.2
    KG: 18.6 10.5 1.5
    Wiseman: 20.9 10.5 2.2

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2014

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2021

And his outside shooting is WAY better than the other 3 already. No question he has some development to do but he's doing just fine 1/4 of the way through his first year with no training camp.

OMG- I dont think ive been this pissed about a loss in like 2 yrs. Draymond has got to stop getting a free pass for being an idiot. They really needed this win- I really expected the warriors to win both of these last 2 games looking at this schedule. For a team with this much experience and such high level coaching- they really make things way more complicated than they need to be.

I think they need to simplify their offense.... all of this weaving 30 feet from the basket just wastes shotclock time and it only forces 2 players from the opposite team to play defense. find a mismatch and go at it.... just try to get to the basket and get good shots.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast