Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    to be fair Mahomes was talked about as a project and sat for almost his full rookie season. Watson, yeah there is no way they could justify passing on Watson.
    Agree. I've always said you're better off not having huge expectations coming into the year at qb. If you dont have huge expectations and you have a great year, everyone points out your postives. If you're expected to be great and only end up being pretty good, everyone tried to find every anf any flaw you have. That's what happened to watson. His "down" year his final year was stilo better than most but because he was expected to be so great, everyone freaked out and over thought it.

This was an interesting game on a number of levels. One the offense continued to perform against another top tier defense. Looking at this the only defense that truly gave them major issues to date has been Tampa, and frankly had the pick 6 against them not happen I wonder if it's a different result. I digress. Preston Smith was relevant in this game. It seems he got the message. Sure you can say Bears' offense is bad, it is, but it wasn't just that but was in part. Both picks by Savage were good picks, Savage looked tremendous last night, great position, he was reading plays well. The only issue with the defensive effort is once again tackling. If they can get Smith and Savage playing at a high level this defense begins to look a little different. There were things for this defense to build on. This is how the defense needs to play though, be aggressive, play opportunistically, and get the ball back to the offense.

A few other bright spots, a really nice game from EQ, may not have looked like much, but that's the kind of play that is going to get him more opportunities. If EQ can become relevant that is huge. The biggest thing he provides is a light workload for MVS last night. I think there is great chemistry with this entire offensive unit. He was on the field quite a bit but looked like they really put him out more as a decoy. If he was anything more I have a hard time believing how well he's played the past few weeks he gets zero targets.

The team playoff-wise is in a good spot, but need to take care of business against two teams they should be able to beat in Philly and Detroit, not write off games, but games that should be won.

I know I'm the hater of the group on EQ, but I actually saw the opposite. He completely whiffed on a block (with little effort) on a run that could have been a huge play. He stretched his end arounds to far out and if he turned up he could have had a big gain. He a few times with RAC actually gave up the first down. He did get it back both times but it was a dumb risk. To me, I still see a guy who doesn't get the little things. He's clearly the 4th wr now, but im not sure that day such about him or more about shep.

It was nice that he could take some pressure off of a banged up MVS, but I'm not still too excited about him doing much.

Savage did look good. That could be huge for us, but I don't know what it is, but whenever he plays well, he gets hurt it seems. King looked pretty solid as well. IDL and ILB were still a mess mostly. Pass rush was up and down, but looked better as a whole than it has.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I know I'm the hater of the group on EQ, but I actually saw the opposite. He completely whiffed on a block (with little effort) on a run that could have been a huge play. He stretched his end arounds to far out and if he turned up he could have had a big gain. He a few times with RAC actually gave up the first down. He did get it back both times but it was a dumb risk. To me, I still see a guy who doesn't get the little things. He's clearly the 4th wr now, but im not sure that day such about him or more about shep.

It was nice that he could take some pressure off of a banged up MVS, but I'm not still too excited about him doing much.

Savage did look good. That could be huge for us, but I don't know what it is, but whenever he plays well, he gets hurt it seems. King looked pretty solid as well. IDL and ILB were still a mess mostly. Pass rush was up and down, but looked better as a whole than it has.
    I know you're not a big EQ guy, and on the missed block I must have missed that play. My point however wasn't so much getting excited over his play as he's actually doing his job the past few weeks. His two catches were both big plays. He got 7 yards on the end around on his one carry, it was far from a failed play he did get the first down. I'm not sure what you mean by he gave up the first down the other two plays were for 24 yards and 15. In the last two weeks, he has 3 rec for 62 yards, all 4 times the ball was in his hands they were for a first down. To be clear also, from the standpoint that he is the #4 receiver he had an excellent game, and grading him as a #4 receiver. My point also being he is obviously progressing in practice and gaining traction and separating himself from the 5-6 WR's. 2 out of the past three weeks he has been on the field sub-50%, Shepherd and Taylor are pretty much irrelevant on offense. Accounting for the fact the guy literally is playing significant football for the first time in a year and a half. In his first 4 weeks he has little to no use, but not only has he made a small impact, but his playtime is increasing. This is exactly what they need from him who is our #4 receiver, but maybe target-wise #7. He's not going to move up above any of those players, but my point is there are signs of life from the #4 receiver. He is doing a lot more of the things we need him to do and his snap count numbers seem to suggest it's not a fluke. If he can continue to provide even this size of an impact it will at a minimum force team to have a slight second thought about how they defend this team.

I agree King played very well, he played like he had something to prove.

On the run after catch on at least 2 runs he was past the marker and cut back behind the marker. He did end up getting past the marker again to get the 1st down and gained a few more yards, but in most cases, the first down is much more important than an extra 2 or 3 yards of RAC.

If you're going to risk giving up the first down by cutting back, you better get a big gain. He got a few yards but not enough to make it worth it to me.

His PT has been going up and it's a good sign that he is seperating himself. I just don't trust him. I know must hate MVS and don't trust him, but I trust MVS over EQ for sure. EQ seems to mainly be crossers and things like that still. As a 4th he's fine. I don't think you're super high on him but I always seem to see a sect of packers fans that treat him like he's going to be a stud. To me, he's sort of who he is at this point, and that's an okay 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Mitch likes to give us ints. Only thing scary about the bears is their defense
    Just like I said, Mitch loves to throw us Ints. I think their defense has finally give up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12