Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    Farley or Surtain? knowing us we'll even trade up for a CB. Daaaamn you Gladney. I pray this will finally be the year Hughes stays healthy.
    I just really hope they don't take a CB round 1. Im over the Zimmer being a CB whisperer ********. We have drafted more CBs in round 1 than any other team in the NFL and somehow still don't have a single top 20 CB on the roster that we drafted.

I'm not sure a CB at 14 is the right answer. Given that they would likely be CB4 anyways. Obviously that could change with injury or poor performance but initial depth chart would likely have them as CB4 or 5. While, if we were to go Paye or OL they would likely be penciled in immediately as the starter.

I know Zim is salivating at that fact of taking a CB but we just need to tell him to calm down and he can take one later or next year early lol.

I'm definitely hoping this changes nothing in their 1st round mentality, and that they're thinking DL/OL or trading down. And yeah, if Hughes can actually stay healthy this year, the Gladney thing will have less effect.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Darnold being traded to the Panthers could potentially hurt the Vikings chances of getting one of the top OL. Cincy, Detroit, Carolina, Dallas, and LAC each need OL help. It's possible Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are all gone by 14.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Darnold being traded to the Panthers could potentially hurt the Vikings chances of getting one of the top OL. Cincy, Detroit, Carolina, Dallas, and LAC each need OL help. It's possible Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw are all gone by 14.
    I think the Vikes go DE at 14 or trade down for DE. I think Rick is going to sign a guy like Fisher/okung/Villanueva after the draft when the Vikings are literally the only team in the NFL without a starting LT and those guys values are low. Then take 2-3 OG/OTs in rounds 4-7 for depth and competition.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I think the Vikes go DE at 14 or trade down for DE. I think Rick is going to sign a guy like Fisher/okung/Villanueva after the draft when the Vikings are literally the only team in the NFL without a starting LT and those guys values are low. Then take 2-3 OG/OTs in rounds 4-7 for depth and competition.
    This is actually what I am hoping will happen
    2021 Vikings Draft:

This is actually what I am hoping will happen
    I'm all for it. There are some really good DEs and I just don't see the run on edge rushers that have been predicted in some of the mocks. I feel like if the Vikings take one at 14 it may be the start of a run but if they trade down to 20 they could still be the first team to select a DE.

I also really want to see them get their hands on a 2nd round pick. Even if it means trading away a future pick to do it I don't care. This draft seems to be strong in all of the areas of need DE/OG/OT/WR and if Rick and Zim are all in the go all in.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I'm all for it. There are some really good DEs and I just don't see the run on edge rushers that have been predicted in some of the mocks. I feel like if the Vikings take one at 14 it may be the start of a run but if they trade down to 20 they could still be the first team to select a DE.

I also really want to see them get their hands on a 2nd round pick. Even if it means trading away a future pick to do it I don't care. This draft seems to be strong in all of the areas of need DE/OG/OT/WR and if Rick and Zim are all in the go all in.
    I think there is a good chance they could trade down and still get the edge rusher they want. Phillips would be a top 10 pick without the concussion issues. We might be able to trade back and get him. I'm not a fan of Paye but we could trade back and probably get him too. Jason Oweh is probably a late 1st round pick. If we don't get an edge rusher in the first round then we'll need to trade back into the 2nd and hopefully get Boogie Basham.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

The good news...there are about 5-6 good OL prospects. I think we all knew that Slater and Sewell would be very unlikely.

I think Cincy goes WR option but the others you listed could very well go OL. Dal could go defense but they are somewhat weak up front and have a very expensive asset to protect. SD will go OL for sure.

Cincy - WR/Pitts
    DET - unsure what they will do. Lots of holes.
    Caroline - OL
    Dal - OL or DB
    SD - OL

I really like that Tevin Jenkins from OK ST. I'd be willing to slide O'Neill over to LT and draft him to start day 1 at RT. He's nasty and a finisher but not overly athletic? But his RAS was a 9.74 which tells me he's pretty athletic.

https://relativeathleticscores.com/r...PlayerID=20860

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The good news...there are about 5-6 good OL prospects. I think we all knew that Slater and Sewell would be very unlikely.

I think Cincy goes WR option but the others you listed could very well go OL. Dal could go defense but they are somewhat weak up front and have a very expensive asset to protect. SD will go OL for sure.

Cincy - WR/Pitts
    Caroline - OL
    Dal - OL or DB
    SD - OL

I really like that Tevin Jenkins from OK ST. I'd be willing to slide O'Neill over to LT and draft him to start day 1 at RT. He's nasty and a finisher but not overly athletic? But his RAS was a 9.74 which tells me he's pretty athletic.

I think Detroit has to go WR and I did read someone saying the Bengals feel the draft is deeper at OL than WR. Dallas usually does something illogical so I would guess they go Running Back. Carolina is a toss up. Could be OL but also could be Pitts or a WR to build up Darnold. They don't have much outside of Moore and Anderson.

Cincy - WR/Pitts
    Caroline - OL
    Dal - OL or DB
    SD - OL

Jenkins tested pretty well. I think he's an ideal RT. If we go OL in round 1 I wouldn't be surprised if he's a target. He seems like the type of guy Zimmer would want. Moving O'Neill probably isn't the best move but he should be fine at LT.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Dan Brugler released his draft guide he calls "The Beast". This OL class is even deeper than I thought. 15 OT's, 11 guards, and 6 centers with grades in the first 3 rounds. 9 OT's, 6 guards, 3 centers in the first 2 rounds. Brandon Thorn just called this class insane.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Dan Brugler released his draft guide he calls "The Beast". This OL class is even deeper than I thought. 15 OT's, 11 guards, and 6 centers with grades in the first 3 rounds. 9 OT's, 6 guards, 3 centers in the first 2 rounds. Brandon Thorn just called this class insane.
    My God we need that second round pick back. Rick's 2nd round picks seem to hit more anyways.

My God we need that second round pick back. Rick's 2nd round picks seem to hit more anyways.
    It definitely seems like the worst possible year to not have a 2nd rounder with the OL/DE depth and Qbs and WRS driving prime players down the board.

I wonder if any team would entertain a trade for a future first rounder.
    Philly, NE, Denver, Miami could be 3 teams that would trade a 2nd and 3rd this year for a 1st next year. The thought process being that they are going to miss on the QBs that they want and will stock 1st rounders next year to have ammo to trade up for a top selection.

Philly will roll with Hurts but the org is clearly not 100% behind him as QB
    NE Denver Miami may all roll with their current Qbs for one more year with the expectation they take a QB in 2022 draft.
    New England also just spent a **** ton in free agency filling a ton of holes and may value the future pick more than a 2nd/3rd this year. This could also be a trade that is completed before the draft so NE has capital to trade up for a QB this year

IF BILL Likes a Qb this trade gives him 2 2022 1st rounders to make the deal happen.
    Minny gets #46 & #96
    New England Gets 2022 1st rounder to package for a move up in this years draft

Vikings get Pick #37 & 84
    Philly get 2022 1st round & # 119 (4th rounder)
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 04-08-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Here are some good teams to target a trade up with in the 2nd round:

Arizona: no 3rd or 4th round picks
    Houston: no 1st or 2nd round picks (they pick 67 so may still trade up with them)
    Indy: no 3rd round pick
    Seattle: no 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 6th round picks

Arizona (49) and Seattle (56) look like the best targets. Probably will cost both 3rds to move up but I would do it.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 19 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast