Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I posted this the other day but even with Hunter/Pierce back our DL still stinks. Ifeadi looks like a rotational player, not a starter. Wonnum had a few nice moments but if heís going to be our next mid round DE gem he still has a ways to go. Watts wasnít very good last year either. Now is JaíMarr chase is available you sprint the card up to the podium but I highly doubt Chase gets out of the top 10. More likely to happen is a decision between Rousseau and Waddle at 14. I would still be very tempted to take Waddle but we just donít run enough 3 WR sets. The upside between the two is so close that theyíll probably lean towards to the DE. Rousseau has sky high upside, especially with Patterson working with him. Ifeadi is a RFA so he may only be here one more season. Going forward with Hunter, Rousseau, and Wonnum for the next 4-5 years would be nice. WR is deep again so thereís a good chance we can find one in the 3rd or 4th round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I gotta disagree with you here, I think having Hunter and Pierce back with Watts and Ifeadi/Wonnum on a rotation would be a damn good line going forward. Both Watts and Wonnum showed flashes this year and another year in the system with a full offseason would do wonders I believe. Now I wouldn't be adverse to getting Rousseau or Paye, but I think we need to spend our first somewhere else. Hell, I'd rather them take Surtain or Farley at 14 then those two. However, my main goal would be for us to get a stud Olineman in the first. I think our interior OL is our biggest need bar none.
    But yes of course if Chase is there you immediately take him no questions asked. But I don't think he will be.
    The one thing we need tho in the receiver/TE department is size. If Rudy is gone this year, we have no size. That's why I have been thinking that Pitts might be a decent get for us at 14. IF, the draft doesn't go our way with some players we want. I think he would be an amazing Jimmy Graham type guy for us.
    Last edited by nessythegreat; 01-12-2021 at 02:39 PM.

I will always be a build your trenches type of guy. And that does not change for this year. It's easy to be distracted by pretty pieces like J'Marr Chase or DeVonta Smith but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea to get one if they were there. If their value is that much better than say an OL at 14 you for sure take them. One thing that does help with OL issues is guys who can get open quickly.

Now, realistically, I can't see them being there so let's go get our line help, don't care which side of the ball lol.

Wyatt Davis had to be helped off the field with an apparent knee injury. Not sure the extent of the injury. For a while I was on his band wagon but I've come to my senses and realize his value at 14 just isn't there.

Christian Barmore was a fringe 1st guy but he has had himself 2 great games. Early on, when matched up on Davis, he beat him pretty soundly on pass protection. Which is a weakness from the sounds of it for Davis.

I want Darrisaw, Paye, Rousseau, maybe a pick between Barmore and Nixon (DT's). I'd be open to trading back as well to see if we can get a second rounder or pick up some add'l to help us move up into the second if needed.

I really liked this mock:

Minnesota Vikings
    Kwity Paye
    EDGE, Michigan

Minnesota Vikings
    Creed Humphrey
    IOL, Oklahoma

Minnesota Vikings
    Richard LeCounte III
    S, Georgia

Minnesota Vikings
    Marvin Wilson
    IDL, Florida State

Minnesota Vikings
    Dazz Newsome
    WR, North Carolina

Minnesota Vikings
    Rodarius Williams
    CB, Oklahoma State

Minnesota Vikings
    Sadarius Hutcherson
    IOL, South Carolina

Paye is a top 5 talent IMO you get him at 14 somebody needs to get arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Paye is a top 5 talent IMO you get him at 14 somebody needs to get arrested.
    Pretty much every mock I do he is gone by 14. I agree that it is very unlikely he'll be there.

draft a QB if one slips or trade back to get more pics and go after O line, S, DL, LB. A lot depends on who we cut or target in FA.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I gotta disagree with you here, I think having Hunter and Pierce back with Watts and Ifeadi/Wonnum on a rotation would be a damn good line going forward. Both Watts and Wonnum showed flashes this year and another year in the system with a full offseason would do wonders I believe. Now I wouldn't be adverse to getting Rousseau or Paye, but I think we need to spend our first somewhere else. Hell, I'd rather them take Surtain or Farley at 14 then those two. However, my main goal would be for us to get a stud Olineman in the first. I think our interior OL is our biggest need bar none.
    But yes of course if Chase is there you immediately take him no questions asked. But I don't think he will be.
    The one thing we need tho in the receiver/TE department is size. If Rudy is gone this year, we have no size. That's why I have been thinking that Pitts might be a decent get for us at 14. IF, the draft doesn't go our way with some players we want. I think he would be an amazing Jimmy Graham type guy for us.
    Not sure what you saw in Ifeadi or Watts this year. Ifeadi had 3.5 sacks all season and only 1 in the final 9 games. Even playing across from Yannick he only recorded 2.5 sacks. Heís proving to be a rotational player, not a starter. Watts stunk this year. He recorded a half sack all year. Thatís it. Wonnum has some upside but right now canít be viewed as more than a rotational player. Getting back Pierce will help the run game a good bit but he offers nothing as a pass rusher. Heíll play maybe around 60% of the snaps and come out on all passing downs. So really we have 1 player on the DL we can count on to the rush the passer and heís coming off neck surgery and supposedly wants a new contract.

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Not sure what you saw in Ifeadi or Watts this year. Ifeadi had 3.5 sacks all season and only 1 in the final 9 games. Even playing across from Yannick he only recorded 2.5 sacks. Heís proving to be a rotational player, not a starter. Watts stunk this year. He recorded a half sack all year. Thatís it. Wonnum has some upside but right now canít be viewed as more than a rotational player. Getting back Pierce will help the run game a good bit but he offers nothing as a pass rusher. Heíll play maybe around 60% of the snaps and come out on all passing downs. So really we have 1 player on the DL we can count on to the rush the passer and heís coming off neck surgery and supposedly wants a new contract.

I agree. Ifeadi hasn't played like a regular starter thats why I said we should have Ifeadi/Wonnum on a rotation. Until one breaks out or proves they should be the starter.(hopefully that would be Wonnum.)
    I'm not against getting a good 3Tech, but we need to be going best player available at 14 and I don't think there are any Dtackles worthy of that selection. As of yet anyway..
    And if any of this turns out to be true, then our Dline defiantly becomes a high priority.

What happened to Lynch I thought for sure he was at least going to be Chris Hovan part two

In regards to Watts. I for sure get what you are saying. Some guys I follow on Twitter and I can't recall who, but they think Watts has made pretty good improvements the last 2 years and may take another bigger step next year at 3T playing next to Pierce. Watts played really well the first 4 weeks (had like an 80 some PFF grade) then leveled off after that.

That being said, we for sure need to look at adding depth there. I know Shelby Harris has been mentioned as a cheaper FA guy. Then come draft we could go for a guy like Barmore at 14 or later in the draft you got guys like Twyman who can really get after the passer.

Also, to add on about Pierce, he's not terrible in terms of pass rushing. It's just one item he's not really good at. In 2018 he was 26th out of ALL interior DL which isn't bad for a guy that is just supposed to be a run stuffer. 2019, from my understanding he had a down year (injured?) and thus why he hit FA. But before the season PFF wrote an article indicating that the best is likely to come with Pierce. Can't recall if it was discussed here or on Twitter lol but Pierce has stayed in good shape this offseason, which was a big concern since he came into camp at 400lbs one year (maybe that was 2019 and the reason for his bad play?). Sounds like he is around 350 and doing cross fit. God damn that is big dude lol.

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-despite...etting-started

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    What happened to Lynch I thought for sure he was at least going to be Chris Hovan part two
    His play strength and quickness have not carried over into the NFL, which is why he dropped in the first place. He can still develop into a dude for us though.

Dane Bruglerís mock has the Vikings taking Rousseau

2020 Vikings Draft:

Some of the Vikings staff will be coaching in East/West shrine game. Good chance to get a closer look at some prospects

2020 Vikings Draft:

Dane Bruglerís mock has the Vikings taking Rousseau

That seems to be the consensus amongst a lot of mocks going right now. I would have no problem with that pick but it seems like we could probably trade down and still get him? I'm hoping Kwity Paye drops to us, god damn I would love that. Also a big fan of Slater from NW who can play tackle or guard.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast