Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Honestly I don't know how it would effect the rest of the offseason be but if Micah Parsons is there at #14. Pairing him with Kendricks and Barr could have the potential to be the best LB core in football for a year and fill any hole Barr would leave behind. I have 0 Idea what Barr's trade market may be as well if We select Parsons I would be curious to see if Rick starts getting calls.
    Ya I dunno what they would do there because long term it makes sense but for next year being an all in year I am not sure he would see the field a ton like some other areas. Depending on how things fall and our grade on him it could be an option though especially if we think we can get something for Barr (not sure how that works with his new deal either).

I am in the boat of trade back to pick up a 2nd depending who falls or is there when we pick, with that said it takes two to tango and there has to be someone there that another team really, really likes. I think there is talent in the second round and would be nice to have a pick. It should be an interesting draft and always look forward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    I am in the boat of trade back to pick up a 2nd depending who falls or is there when we pick, with that said it takes two to tango and there has to be someone there that another team really, really likes. I think there is talent in the second round and would be nice to have a pick. It should be an interesting draft and always look forward to them.
    I'd much prefer holding onto 14, even consider trading up depending on how things fall.....then using later picks to move back into the 2nd. There's going to be just too much talent there at 14 to say nah, we'll wait.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'd much prefer holding onto 14, even consider trading up depending on how things fall.....then using later picks to move back into the 2nd. There's going to be just too much talent there at 14 to say nah, we'll wait.
    If we do trade back I'm hoping it's a small move. If Slater is gone I'll be on board with trading back mostly because I don't think taking a guard (AVT) at 14 is a smart move. Just depends on the board.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Chris Trapasso was on with Matthew Coller today and said he thinks the 3rd round is the sweet spot for interior offensive lineman
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    If we do trade back I'm hoping it's a small move. If Slater is gone I'll be on board with trading back mostly because I don't think taking a guard (AVT) at 14 is a smart move. Just depends on the board.
    Some guys I would love to target in the 3rd are Tylan Wallace and Spencer Brown. I think both could be available with at least the first of our 3rd. But I could also see both being gone sometime in the second.

So I didn't expect it but I was just watching NFL live covering Trey Lance 2nd pro day and Speilman was there. He officially has attended both NDSU pro days. Very interesting considering there were no other positions than a couple WR I highly doubt he went to see. Could very well be that he went to rub elbows with some other GMs but with 10 days until the draft it seems odd your GM takes the day to go watch a QB that is projected in the top 10-15 picks.

Not inferring we make any type of move for him but it tells me the Vikings are entertaining not being able to pass if he falls to #14
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 04-19-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Agree, I don't want to move to far back but if we move back a few spots that can get us perhaps another 3rd rounder we could then use some picks to perhaps back into the end of the second.

I've been saying all along that I want this draft class to be quality of quantity. We sit at 10 picks as it is, need to get it down to 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    So I didn't expect it but I was just watching NFL live covering Trey Lance 2nd pro day and Speilman was there. He officially has attended both NDSU pro days. Very interesting considering there were no other positions than a couple WR I highly doubt he went to see. Could very well be that he went to rub elbows with some other GMs but with 10 days until the draft it seems odd your GM takes the day to go watch a QB that is projected in the top 10-15 picks.

Not inferring we make any type of move for him but it tells me the Vikings are entertaining not being able to pass if he falls to #14
    And we shouldn't, I don't think....if he's considered raw, it wouldn't be like he's being drafted to immediately replace Kirk, but we shouldn't be planning on having Cousins as our QB until he decides to retire, either. Plus, until then, he could be our version of Taysom Hill or Flash Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    And we shouldn't, I don't think....if he's considered raw, it wouldn't be like he's being drafted to immediately replace Kirk, but we shouldn't be planning on having Cousins as our QB until he decides to retire, either. Plus, until then, he could be our version of Taysom Hill or Flash Stewart.
    So I guess it would ultimately depend on some other factors. IF Rick was getting calls about Kirk that we don't know about form SF or anyone in the top 10 maybe it could be enticing enough to move on from Kirk now. Suppose for whatever reason Shanny convinces Lynch #3 for Kirk will win them a Super Bowl and he Bites.

Crazy scenario and it's less than 1% BUT I think SF is still in their SuperBowl window and clearly Jimmy G is not their guy so to think a Rookie QB is what they need to get them over the hump is a stretch.

Even if the 49ers were offering the #3 pick for Kirk (Which they aren't), I don't think Rick would do it. Zimmer and his jobs are on the line this season and I believe they think Kirk gives them the best chance to win this year. Which I actually agree with.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Even if the 49ers were offering the #3 pick for Kirk (Which they aren't), I don't think Rick would do it. Zimmer and his jobs are on the line this season and I believe they think Kirk gives them the best chance to win this year. Which I actually agree with.
    As a fan base I think that is the consensus but in reality I think Zimmer and Speilman are fine. They have been competitive under Zimmer outside of years with crazy injuries. Spielman has made splash moves and drafted some absolute studs that have sold out stadiums and avg top 10 in jersey sales... We all think the Super Bowl is the bottom line for owners but I don't agree that is the case with the wilfs and if Speilman approached them saying I am going to move Kirk and his contract off the Books for a young exciting QB who we can then afford to build the most complete concrete roster we have ever had around him in this draft and the next. I don't think Zigi hears that and fires Rick or tells him sure but you need to win the bowl to keep your job. And there is also a possibility that Speilman doesn't care if Zimmer is the coach the next couple years and sells getting a young QB with the plan of changing coaching if it doesn't work out. They are not a package deal by any means.

Wilfs paid $600mil for the team in 2005.
    Current value is just short of $3bil.
    So it's nearly quintupled in value in 16 years.....I think they're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I really don't think their jobs are on the line...maybe Zim, at most but I don't think Rick's is. Rick has done a great job for the most part. Sure there are some misses and questionable moves but he has been a stable piece to this franchise since becoming the man.

For Zim, another lackluster season could be the end but I think it would have to result in a very bad season. Like a 4-5 win season. Which would be pretty damn hard given our talent.

The Athletic released a top 300 board which consists of at least 50 big boards submitted by various folks. This list would continue to grow as more submit but it gives you an idea of where people are listed.

Notable players when the Vikes pick 14. Kwity Paye, 15. Darrisaw, 16. Tucker...I'm going to do a mock draft based on this list and I'll move some players around given need. Example I'll take Paye in the 1st at 14 but I would not take another DE, with the next pick. I'll list the player and their big board ranking in (). If I have to sub a player I'll list who was there.

14. Kwity Paye (14) DE
    78. Amari Rodgers (78) WR
    90. Brady Christensen (90) OL
    119. Benjamin St-Juste (119) CB
    125. Ambry Thomas (125) CB - I decided to leave Thomas here even though back to back CB selections. The reason being that a) we need depth with Gladney likely gone and b) it's possible St-Juste could play Safety.
    134. Cade Johnson (134) WR
    143. Jaylen Twyman (143) DT
    157. Charles Snowden (164) LB - Keith Taylor was 157 but we don't need a 3rd CB, thought Zim would disagree.
    168. Daelin Hayes (168) DE
    199. Chris Evans (199) RB - Michigan player with #199, might be an omen.

I like the talent here.

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast