Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Couldn't agree more Jorge. I trust the Vikings scouts and medical staff, so I will be ok with the pick but it is very risky. I also read that he is an aspiring musician, maybe that was because of his concussions and that's what he decided to do when he retired. Maybe, someone told him, go play a year and a team will take a chance on you. You will get paid thus have the funding to support that musician career.

Ok, ok, I may be digging but I think it's at the very least worth looking into lol.

If I had to choose between Phillips and Paye at 14, I would take Paye.
    I would doubt that would be his intention but having a few million in the bank guaranteed after being drafted makes walking away to your fall back plan as a musician that much easier if he does get a nasty concussion.

We'll see what happens.

Really wanted to improve the o-line this offseason so we could go BPA at 14, but it appears that Rick just isn't interested, and never will be interested, in spending any meaningful resources towards fixing that unit.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Really wanted to improve the o-line this offseason so we could go BPA at 14, but it appears that Rick just isn't interested, and never will be interested, in spending any meaningful resources towards fixing that unit.
    If push comes to shove then I would suit up to play guard for the team. I'm 6'4 256.😁

Just pay me $1000 a week and free Vikings gear for life.

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Code:
    First-Round	14	1100
    Third-Round	78	200
    Third-Round	90	140
    Fourth-Round	119	56
    Fourth-Round	125	47
    Fourth-Round	134	39
    Fourth-Round	143	34.5
    Fifth-Round	157	27
    Fifth-Round	168	22.6
    Sixth-Round	199	10.2
    Total draft capital		1676.3
    think that's up to date.....Rick oughta be able to get a TON of 7th rd picks out of all that, eh?
    We apparently also have pick 223 at the end of the 6th...for some reason I'd thought that pick went to the Cardinals
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Let's get nutty. Rick is pick hungry and good talent in areas of need are going to fall out of round 1 due to the deep Qb and WR pool. Vikings invest the bulk of their Cap into a starting Tackle. Either Fisher or Okung at LT or a RT and move Oneill over leaving the only glaring hole at OG which isn't a round 1 priority.

Vikings trade out of round 1 with the Jags. Jags have a lot of young talent and look to gain an additional top 15 pick to get Trevor Lawrence a OL or Weapon and to start the draft wit 3 first round picks. Rick sees an opportunity to gain more picks in the 2-3 range.

Vikings get #33(580) #45(450) #65(265) = 1305
    Jags Get #14(1100) #90(140) = 1240

Draft
    #33 DE Gregory Rousseau, Miami (I think Rousseau is going to slide to day 2 with the heavy pool of athletic Edge/LB players in this draft)
    #45 OG Wyatt Davis, OSU
    #65 OT Dillon Randunz NDSU
    #78 DT Marvin Wilson Florida St.
    Round 4 WR, RB, S, QB?

A player we haven't talked much about but probably should is Teven Jenkins from Oklahoma State. He's a RT but he's really good. Brugler's #20 overall player. He tested well so he'll be a good fit in our scheme. When asked at his pro day what NFL teams will get in him he said a “tough, physical, nasty mother f—er”. He certainly plays that way. Of all the OL I've watched Jenkins no doubt is the most tenacious. He's a tone setter. I don't know if he can play LT but Doogie mentioned the Vikings have at least discussed the possibility of O'Neill moving to LT.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

This is the least prepared I've been for the draft in several years. I have a few opinions if we pick at 14, other than that I'm going to have to trust you guys for opinions and analysis.

That being said....

Give me Devonta Smith and take OL/DL with every other pick. At least one of them will work out

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    This is the least prepared I've been for the draft in several years. I have a few opinions if we pick at 14, other than that I'm going to have to trust you guys for opinions and analysis.

That being said....

Give me Devonta Smith and take OL/DL with every other pick. At least one of them will work out
    Haha I am with you. I think one last 10 years I have been pretty confident about 2-3 guys that they vikings would select. The only surprises I can recall are Ponder and Hughes. This year I don't have a clue. There doesn't appear to be much chatter about who the Vikings are talking to or meeting with. Zimmer has been more than vague with what he says they will do with the remainder of Free Agency.

I could just as easily see the first pick being at 7 or 39 as I can 14 and I couldn't tell you for who. (7 would be Sewell)

So The top 2 OT prospects in Sewell and Slater both don't have ideal length in their arms for LT's. There doesn't seem to be a lot of concern given that both have good feet but there has to be some concern there.

At 14 we will be sitting really good. We will have many options to either take a guy like Darrisaw, Jenkins, Vera-Tucker, etc. DE options will likely be Paye and Phillips. I would like any of those picks.

If I had to say right now, I'm going with Darrisaw or Paye as the pick at 14. I really want Paye on this team but we need OL help really bad. I'm hoping a QB will still be there at 14 and a team will want to give up a their first and second to move up with us.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    So The top 2 OT prospects in Sewell and Slater both don't have ideal length in their arms for LT's. There doesn't seem to be a lot of concern given that both have good feet but there has to be some concern there.

At 14 we will be sitting really good. We will have many options to either take a guy like Darrisaw, Jenkins, Vera-Tucker, etc. DE options will likely be Paye and Phillips. I would like any of those picks.

If I had to say right now, I'm going with Darrisaw or Paye as the pick at 14. I really want Paye on this team but we need OL help really bad. I'm hoping a QB will still be there at 14 and a team will want to give up a their first and second to move up with us.

I wonder if there is legit any realistic chance the Vikings make a BIG splash and trade for Orlando Brown Jr.

I don't know what it would take but something like this seems fair. I know we would have to pay him but I guess even though we would pay him LT money he would most likely get low end LT money since he is "transitioning"

Value between pick # 14 & 27 is 420 which equated to pick #42 overall.

Vikings get Orlando Brown Jr. & Pick #27
    Ravens get Pick #14 & #90

Fills our Tackle vacancy while retaining a 1st round pick that can be made at #27 or trade back into round 2 for more picks.

I feel like the Vikings are quietly going all in on this season. Rick and Zimmer seats have to be getting a little warm and truthfully 10 million for one year on Peterson makes no sense at all if they are not pushing hard for a SuperBowl this year.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I wonder if there is legit any realistic chance the Vikings make a BIG splash and trade for Orlando Brown Jr.

I don't know what it would take but something like this seems fair. I know we would have to pay him but I guess even though we would pay him LT money he would most likely get low end LT money since he is "transitioning"

Value between pick # 14 & 27 is 420 which equated to pick #42 overall.

Vikings get Orlando Brown Jr. & Pick #27
    Ravens get Pick #14 & #90

Fills our Tackle vacancy while retaining a 1st round pick that can be made at #27 or trade back into round 2 for more picks.

I feel like the Vikings are quietly going all in on this season. Rick and Zimmer seats have to be getting a little warm and truthfully 10 million for one year on Peterson makes no sense at all if they are not pushing hard for a SuperBowl this year.
    Doogie said the Vikings and Ravens had dialogue about a trade for Brown but doesn't know how far it went.

I'm not really a fan of this move. Outside of his questionable scheme fit, we would still have to pay him a big contract at the same time we also need to pay O'Neill. This years draft is loaded with offensive tackles. I think that's why no trade has happened yet and why a bunch of OT's are still on the market. I would rather keep our current draft picks and take one of them. Pay a potentially stud LT cheap for a few years and use the money somewhere else. Right now it's ideal to be a team needing an OT. It's a buyers market.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Here's my rest of the off season wish list:

Draft (only picked 4 rounds):
    14. Jaelan Phillips EDGE, Miami
    56. Jalen Mayfield OT, Michigan
    90. Tutu Atwell WR, Louisville
    125. Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE, Vanderbilt
    134. Joshuah Bledsoe S, Missouri

I went with Phillips over OL because of the depth in this draft along the OL and Phillips ability to have an impact day 1. Seattle was an easy trade up target. They only have 3 picks right now (2nd, 4th, and 7th). I gave up 3 picks (78, 119, and 143) to move up to 56. Mayfield is a good athlete but likely moves to guard in the pros. Quinn Meinerz and Brady Christensen were also on the board but I liked Mayfield better.

After the draft we would still have needs along the OL and DT. I would love to see Rick use our remaining cap space on a LT and a DT. A good amount of veterans still left at both positions. OT still has Okung, Fisher, Villanueva, and Schwartz left. DT's left are Atkins, Short, and Casey. I'm going with Fisher and Atkins from this list.

QB: Kirk Cousins
    RB: Dalvin Cook
    FB: C.J. Ham
    WR: Justin Jefferson, Chad Beebe
    WR: Adam Thielen, Tutu Atwell
    TE: Irv Smith, Tyler Conklin
    LT: Eric Fisher, Rashod hill
    LG: Jalen Mayfield, Mason Cole
    C: Garrett Bradbury
    RG: Ezra Cleveland
    RT: Brian O'Neill

DE: Danielle Hunter, D.J. Wonnum
    3T: Dalvin Tomlinson, Geno Atkins
    NT: Michael Pierce, Armon Watts
    DT: Jaelen Phillips, Stephen Weatherly
    LB: Anthony Barr
    LB: Eric Kendricks
    LB: Nick Vigil/Troy Dye
    CB: Patrick Peterson
    S: Harrison Smith
    S: Xavier Woods
    NB: Mack Alexander, Jeff Gladney
    CB: Cameron Dantzler, Jeff Gladney
    2021 Vikings Draft:

With the Panthers trading for Darnold I would be somewhat surprised if they don't take a LT at 9. They could get him a WR or Pitts at that spot though.

Well everything just became 100% clear. Gladney is done and Jaycee Horn will be our pick at #14. No need for any further speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Well everything just became 100% clear. Gladney is done and Jaycee Horn will be our pick at #14. No need for any further speculation.
    Farley or Surtain? knowing us we'll even trade up for a CB. Daaaamn you Gladney. I pray this will finally be the year Hughes stays healthy.

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast