Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 886
  1. #361
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Kwity Paye
    Christian Darrisaw
    Micah Parsons
    Devontae Smith
    Justin Fields

    The above 5 are all available as pick 14 is on the clock. What do you do? What DO you do?
    Is Vera Tucker also on the board? I would move back 2-5ish spots if possible if someone wants fields before he makes it to Pats.

    Drafting any of Fields/Smith/Darrisaw would all be solid value at the pick as well to me (I like Fields/Smith more but Darrisaw fills obvious need). Paye you can make an argument but I am not as sold on him, if we moved down a little and took him thats fine just like Tucker imo. Parsons I believe in the talent but it isn't a major need so same idea moving down then grabbing if still around would be more ideal.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,646
    I wonder if we are officially out on Fisher. Bleacher report had an article around 11:00am about how the Vikings had been the most aggressive team trying to trade down so far these last few days. If we are out on Fisher the attempts to trade up make a lot of sense.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    672
    If those people are on the board you take Fields. But I am in the camp of if Sewell doesn't go to Cincinnati, then we move up for him.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    810
    I hope we draft Slater, Christian Darrisaw, or AVT at 14.

    I do have a gut feeling that Oli Udoh may play a key role on the OL this year.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    211
    As the draft gets closer I think I would like to trade down in the first to pick up a 2nd or early 3 but that also takes another team that really likes someone that we don't. The more I think we stay pat at 14 but who knows???? In the many,many mocks I have done Slater is gone. Do we go Darrisaw or one of the edge rushers. The draft is always a fun time of year.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    As the draft gets closer I think I would like to trade down in the first to pick up a 2nd or early 3 but that also takes another team that really likes someone that we don't. The more I think we stay pat at 14 but who knows???? In the many,many mocks I have done Slater is gone. Do we go Darrisaw or one of the edge rushers. The draft is always a fun time of year.
    I would take Darrisaw over an edge rusher if he's there, we desperately need oline help and he is considered one of the day 1 starter types.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,197
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I would take Darrisaw over an edge rusher if he's there, we desperately need oline help and he is considered one of the day 1 starter types.
    Granted I'm no expert but the little film I watched of Darrisaw I wasn't exactly that impressed. I've seen some highlights of him playing through the whistle and driving dudes yards downfield but the Miami film I watched he didn't seem like an aggressive player. You always hear talk about OL looking for work and Darrisaw doesn't seem like that kind of guy. You watch Teven Jenkins block and he looks like he wants to tear your soul out. He never got beat in pass pro and the fact Miami didn't put Phillips against him at all showed their respect for Darrisaw. I just walked away from watching that game hoping to see more. If I have time I'll try to check out some other games.

    The majority of the rankings I see has Darrisaw in the top 15-20 players but Daniel Jeremiah recently posted his top 150 and he had Darrisaw in the 30s. Said he think he's a starting RT. I found that to be interesting. I like to take note whenever I see an expert going against the consensus.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 04-27-2021 at 02:24 PM.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,197
    Right now I'm on team trade back. If we stay at 14 odds are we'll be looking at Darrisaw, AVT, Paye, and Phillips. If we trade back into the late teens or early 20s Darrisaw and AVT are probably gone but I could see Paye and Phillips still on the board. Teven Jenkins, Jayson Oweh, Alex Leatherwood, Sam Cosmi, Liam Eichenberg, and Landon Dickerson should be on the board. I would be just as happy with Jenkins or Oweh in the 20s as I would Darrisaw or Phillips at 14. Trade back, recoup a 2nd or an extra 3rd, and bring in 2-3 guys who can make an impact right away.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

  9. #369
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,195
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Granted I'm no expert but the little film I watched of Darrisaw I wasn't exactly that impressed. I've seen some highlights of him playing through the whistle and driving dudes yards downfield but the Miami film I watched he didn't seem like an aggressive player. You always hear talk about OL looking for work and Darrisaw doesn't seem like that kind of guy. You watch Teven Jenkins block and he looks like he wants to tear your soul out. He never got beat in pass pro and the fact Miami didn't put Phillips against him at all showed their respect for Darrisaw. I just walked away from watching that game hoping to see more. If I have time I'll try to check out some other games.

    The majority of the rankings I see has Darrisaw in the top 15-20 players but Daniel Jeremiah recently posted his top 150 and he had Darrisaw in the 30s. Said he think he's a starting RT. I found that to be interesting. I like to take note whenever I see an expert going against the consensus.
    I am not sure it's ideal but it's a major need and as you note most have him in the 15-20 range so he's essentially in the tier of our pick still at that need. I have mostly seen positive grades/reports. Obviously it will come down to the scouts but I am not a big fan of the pass rushers either anyways especially if we are staying at 14 and not moving back.

    I still hope an elite talent falls but it sounds like we moreso have to move up to get a LT like the rumor the other day (I wouldn't be surprised if Darrisaw goes 13 to Chargers right before us).

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,197
    Just ran a mock. Sewell went 7, Slater 10, and Darrisaw 13. I traded back with Washington for pick 19 and their 3rd (82nd). Then traded 78 and 90 to Seattle for pick 56. I used the trade value chart for all my trades and the consensus big board to pick players. I put each players ranking on the consensus big board in parenthesis.

    19. Jaelan Phillips EDGE, Miami (19)
    56. Wyatt Davis IOL, Ohio State (55)
    82. Walker Little OT, Stanford (92)
    119. Andre Cisco S, Syracuse (81)
    125. Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE, Vanderbilt (112)
    134. Ambry Thomas CB, Michigan (125)
    143. Anthony Schwartz WR, Auburn (131)

    I wanted to go Teven Jenkins at 19 but he went 17th to the Raiders. My options were Phillips or AVT. I wasn't taking a guard in the first round so Phillips was the easy choice. Davis can start right away. Little is probably more of a project so if we pick him we'll either have to start Hill or sign a free agent tackle. I would be really happy with this draft.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 04-27-2021 at 03:13 PM.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,197
    Here is something else to think about with this draft; as of April 7th, only 657 players have signed with an agent. By mid April of 2019 there were 1,972 players and last year 1,839 players. Overall, the draft is thin. This would be a good year for Rick to ignore the late round picks and be aggressive in the early rounds.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,004
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Here is something else to think about with this draft; as of April 7th, only 657 players have signed with an agent. By mid April of 2019 there were 1,972 players and last year 1,839 players. Overall, the draft is thin. This would be a good year for Rick to ignore the late round picks and be aggressive in the early rounds.
    interesting, guess I wasn't aware of that.......what do you suppose is the reason for that? If players opted out of last season did they retain a year of eligibility and quite a few of them are returning to school?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,197
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    interesting, guess I wasn't aware of that.......what do you suppose is the reason for that? If players opted out of last season did they retain a year of eligibility and quite a few of them are returning to school?
    Every fall athlete last year was given an extra year of eligibility, even freshman. Basically, last year didn't count towards any players eligibility.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

  14. #374
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    south central illinios
    Posts
    1,875
    i can see rick trading back into the late teens and then back into the latter part of the draft atleast adding one or two second rounders id say wash then maybe cleveland and maybe also baltimore.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,197
    Chad Graff wrote about what he's hearing on the eve of the draft. Last year he mentioned names like Jefferson, Cleveland, and Lynch. Today he says the Vikings love Slater and think it's actually a real possibility this year that they try to trade up for him but he ultimately puts it at only a 10% chance. Trading down is always a possibility but he think if they stay at 14 the pick will be Vera-Tucker. If a trade back happens they could be targeting a defensive end. Doesn't think we will look at DT until day 3 but did mention they liked Jaylen Twyman's 2019 film. He thinks they'll play it safe when it comes to medicals and he mentioned Landon Dickerson as somebody they'll stay away from. I'd guess that would include Phillips too

    His final predictions:

    Slater gets taken in the top-10.

    The Vikings draft Vera-Tucker at No. 14.

    Minnesota trades into the second round to pick a defensive end.

    Minnesota native Trey Lance is one of the first five picks.

    A bunch of teams regret not taking Justin Fields among the first four quarterbacks.

    The Vikings donít draft a quarterback in the first five rounds.

    The Vikings draft a running back on Day 3.

    Rashod Bateman is a top-25 pick.
    https://theathletic.com/2546674/2021...shared_article
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 04-28-2021 at 10:25 AM.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •