Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    There are people suggesting a Wentz for Watson trade straight up. Right now how much confidence would you have that Carson is better than Kirk? Yes that trade won't happen, yes Kirk is 4 yrs older, but the Texans could still want to be sure they have a starter if Watson needs to be traded.
    Well I am sure there are, I have seen jimmy g from 49er fans. I wouldn’t feel comfortable saying any of the 3 are good and cousins is like 33 with a 45 mil cap hit after next season.

I don’t think it makes sense for them to trade for any of the 3 qbs. If these teams want him it has to be by adding a lot more. If they move Watson it makes more sense to have a young qb to build around in return (whether from this draft or like tua as others mentioned). They are a bad team not ready to compete over the next couple years so cousins doesn’t fit the time frame, is very expensive, and isn’t much better than an average qb. Watson is worth a lot more than any of these types of guys and Texans likely are looking more towards future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watson has a no-trade clause that he negotiated into his new contract so if he were to be traded it most likely wouldn't be to the highest bidder and would be to a team he prefers.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    At 14 top 3 QBs are gone Sunshine goes to Jags Fields and Wilson top 10 so is Lance or Trask worth a top 15 pick...nope. Get the best lineman wether that's offensive or defensive I dont care tired of watching the Vikings get pushed around
    Man where have you been? Glad you are back.

I feel we should trade down in the draft. We need that 2nd round pick back.

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Watson has a no-trade clause that he negotiated into his new contract so if he were to be traded it most likely wouldn't be to the highest bidder and would be to a team he prefers.
    So if Bill oBrein was still there we could have gotten Watson for Kirk Cousins and their first round pick. 😂😂😂

Here is a question. If Jamarr Chase is there at #14 do we?

A-Take him
    B-Pass on him
    C-Trade down

If it was me i would take him. Chase, JJ, Irv, Dalvin, and Adam would be scary

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Here is a question. If Jamarr Chase is there at #14 do we?

A-Take him
    B-Pass on him
    C-Trade down

If it was me i would take him. Chase, JJ, Irv, Dalvin, and Adam would be scary

A & C. Chase would get a year with Jefferson and Theilen and give us a dominate WR core. It also creates a ton of flexibility with Theilen in the next couple years to either shed cap or gain draft capital. I by no means want Thielen anywhere but Minny for his entire career but reality is a 2 year transition from Diggs and Thielen to Jefferson Chase while shedding nearly $25 million a year would be unbelievable.

Conversely there will be a big market for Chase especially from the teams with multiple 1st and 2nd round picks. Jets, Dolphins, Jags who will be looking to either build around their young Qb (Tua Darnold) or Rookies drafted at the top end of Rd 1 (Lawrence Fields) All 3 of those teams have addition rd1 and rd2 picks so a trade down 5-10 picks could net a 2nd rounder. I think Talent will fall this year with the prospects that opted out and the smaller pool of games.

I think just passing on him would be a mistake unless there is a guy you really want but I can't think of 1 guy right now looking at a mock draft I would select over Chase at 14 if he's there other than Fields.

It would be tough if say Chase is there and Kwity Paye or Rousseau. Not sure I would pass up a DE lol but I would get it. I don't think Paye or Chase will be there at 14.

Man where have you been? Glad you are back.

I feel we should trade down in the draft. We need that 2nd round pick back.
    Yessir how ya been big dog long time no post

Yessir how ya been big dog long time no post
    Im good. Sitting here watching the national championship game. This Davonta Smith kid from Alabama is putting on a damn show. I see why he won the Heisman

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    It would be tough if say Chase is there and Kwity Paye or Rousseau. Not sure I would pass up a DE lol but I would get it. I don't think Paye or Chase will be there at 14.
    To me its not even close.. You take Chase the second you are on the clock. We would have the best receiver group in the past 15-20 years I'd think.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    To me its not even close.. You take Chase the second you are on the clock. We would have the best receiver group in the past 15-20 years I'd think.
    Yep it would be just like 1998

35 and 14...My mans Ol first Cousins balled out this year with a garbage line and they still missed the playoffs. Look at all those WRs in Dallas no playoffs. Need to fix the lines and the defense first fellas.

35 and 14...My mans Ol first Cousins balled out this year with a garbage line and they still missed the playoffs. Look at all those WRs in Dallas no playoffs. Need to fix the lines and the defense first fellas.
    I certainly agree that we need Oline help, but our Dline isn't the most pressing need to me. Two starters come back next year and Watts with Ifeadi/Wonnum on line I think is a very good group. To me, you don't pass up a talent like Chase for Paye and Rousseau( though I am very intrigued by Rousseau's potential).
    Last edited by nessythegreat; 01-12-2021 at 12:04 PM.

Yep it would be just like 1998
    Probably better I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I certainly agree that we need Oline help, but our Dline isn't the most pressing need to me. Two starters come back next year and Watts with Ifeadi/Wonnum on line I think is a very good group. To me, you don't pass up a talent like Chase for Paye and Rousseau( though I am very intrigued by Rousseau's potential).
    I posted this the other day but even with Hunter/Pierce back our DL still stinks. Ifeadi looks like a rotational player, not a starter. Wonnum had a few nice moments but if he’s going to be our next mid round DE gem he still has a ways to go. Watts wasn’t very good last year either. Now is Ja’Marr chase is available you sprint the card up to the podium but I highly doubt Chase gets out of the top 10. More likely to happen is a decision between Rousseau and Waddle at 14. I would still be very tempted to take Waddle but we just don’t run enough 3 WR sets. The upside between the two is so close that they’ll probably lean towards to the DE. Rousseau has sky high upside, especially with Patterson working with him. Ifeadi is a RFA so he may only be here one more season. Going forward with Hunter, Rousseau, and Wonnum for the next 4-5 years would be nice. WR is deep again so there’s a good chance we can find one in the 3rd or 4th round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State