Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    our DL....hell our whole defense..looks quite different with Hunter and Pierce on the field...so let's not go crazy with the cries for upgrades there
    Even with those two back, our DL isn't very good. Pierce, while a great run stuffer, offers nothing as a pass rusher and will only play like 60% of the snaps. Wonnum may have some potential but I doubt he turns into a 10+ sack guy anytime soon. Odenigbo really disappointed and he's a RFA so no guarantee he's back. Watts also disappointed. Stephen is a decent run defender but offers nothing as a pass rusher. Basically a worse version of Pierce. Also makes way too much money so hopefully he's cut. Jaleel Johnson stinks so hopefully he's not brought back. Jalyn Holmes stinks. Hercules Mata'afa, at best, is a decent situational pass rusher. So really we have Hunter coming back from neck surgery and a run stuffing DT that hasn't played in a game for 20 months. That's it. Looks like a pretty big need to me.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

We still need a DE and 3T preferred to upgrade. Ifeadi or whoever, no doubt will do better once Hunter and Pierce are back due to double teams. No one on our DL this year required a double. I think if one of the DE's fall to us we'll got that route. If they really want iOL help, they'll probably try and trade down which I would be open to as well. If we can get a few more picks to try and move into the second that would be ideal.

To give you an idea how bad our DL was:

Yannick Ngakoue lead the team in sacks with 5. He played 6 games for us and started 5 of them. Odenigbo and Holmes played the most snaps at DE and combined had fewer sacks than Ngakoue. Odenigbo and Wonnum barely beat him by combining for 6.5 sacks. Ngakoue also tied for the team lead in forced fumbles with 2.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

Yannick Ngakoue lead the team in sacks with 5. He played 6 games for us and started 5 of them. Odenigbo and Holmes played the most snaps at DE and combined had fewer sacks than Ngakoue. Odenigbo and Wonnum barely beat him by combining for 6.5 sacks. Ngakoue also tied for the team lead in forced fumbles with 2.
    Ouch lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

That is just sad and pathetic. This season gave us a lot to examine in terms of players we keep or move on from.
    Shemar - bye - he's not good at really anything
    Jaleel - bye - was terrible. This was the year for a now or never and he was a never.
    Ifedi - He's a RFA so he'll likely be here. He's a good rotational guy and worst case could start opposite Hunter where he could have a decent year with Hunter/Pierce coming back.
    Wonnum - showed promise and he could develop into a nice piece
    Hercules - strictly pass rush situations, still not sure he deserves a spot, fringe I'll say
    Homes - nothing special, fringe guy
    Watts - good rotational guy, could start if we don't sign or draft one.

I had this odd dream that we traded Cousins and our first to the Texans for Watson then get online and there's an article about who should trade for Watson
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I had this odd dream that we traded Cousins and our first to the Texans for Watson then get online and there's an article about who should trade for Watson
    The thought of that trade just made my pants tight
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Watson-Cook-Jefferson-Thielen-Irv

It would be ****ing awesome but it would be almost impossible to make that trade work.

If I were the Dolphins I would 100% make that trade work. They have the draft capital and they could even give them a young QB in Tua. Or if they liked one better at #3 they could go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    It would be ****ing awesome but it would be almost impossible to make that trade work.

If I were the Dolphins I would 100% make that trade work. They have the draft capital and they could even give them a young QB in Tua. Or if they liked one better at #3 they could go that route.
    If I'm the Texans, the only teams I'm trading Watson to are the Dolphins or Jaguars. I'm getting the Dolphins to give me Tua plus both of their first and 2nd round picks. I'm then taking either Fields or Wilson with the #3 pick to battle with Tua. Even though the Jags are in the same division, I would still trade with them for the #1 overall pick to get Lawrence plus I'm asking for 21 and both 2nd round picks. The Jags may say no but the Dolphins should definitely make that deal.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

If I'm the Texans, the only teams I'm trading Watson to are the Dolphins or Jaguars. I'm getting the Dolphins to give me Tua plus both of their first and 2nd round picks. I'm then taking either Fields or Wilson with the #3 pick to battle with Tua. Even though the Jags are in the same division, I would still trade with them for the #1 overall pick to get Lawrence plus I'm asking for 21 and both 2nd round picks. The Jags may say no but the Dolphins should definitely make that deal.
    The Texans have dug themselves a hole that they likely can't dig out of for quite some time, even with an elite QB like Watson. They would be better off short term and long term to at the very least contact think about it. I know it would suck to trade a talent like Watson but I don't see it getting much better for them for a few years.

2021 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

I would trade cousins and our first (and provably more) for a shot at fields, not sure how high I would raise that for Watson lol. Not sure why Texans would want Kirk.

I donít see how we could get it done but I hope we at least check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At 14 top 3 QBs are gone Sunshine goes to Jags Fields and Wilson top 10 so is Lance or Trask worth a top 15 pick...nope. Get the best lineman wether that's offensive or defensive I dont care tired of watching the Vikings get pushed around

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I would trade cousins and our first (and provably more) for a shot at fields, not sure how high I would raise that for Watson lol. Not sure why Texans would want Kirk.

I donít see how we could get it done but I hope we at least check in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are people suggesting a Wentz for Watson trade straight up. Right now how much confidence would you have that Carson is better than Kirk? Yes that trade won't happen, yes Kirk is 4 yrs older, but the Texans could still want to be sure they have a starter if Watson needs to be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    At 14 top 3 QBs are gone Sunshine goes to Jags Fields and Wilson top 10 so is Lance or Trask worth a top 15 pick...nope. Get the best lineman wether that's offensive or defensive I dont care tired of watching the Vikings get pushed around
    The Vikings need to decide how long they'll stick with Kirk before deciding draft capital to use on a QB. Are they drafting a near term replacement, a longer term project, or hoping just to upgrade #2 behind him at this point? He has $45mil cap hit with $10mil dead cap to cut him after next season, so will already be thinking another restructure for cap space right now possibly.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast