Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    If we went TE, there's such a huge drop after Pitts....but we wouldn't be thinking even WR until at least the 3rd anyway. Do we need an athletic TE? or a solid blocker like a Tommy Tremble...

...or do we need a blazer like an Elijah Moore in the 4th...

I could see adding more of a WR2 so JJ and Adam can each rotate thru the slot more often, too

Maybe KJ Osborn surprises us all and WR3 is already on the roster, too....still wish we'd gone Quez Watkins instead last year, could've even possibly waited a round, added another OL in the 5th...not that Quez has shown out yet either, but
    With Conklin and Smith JR both being more pass catching type TEs I would expect them to draft a bigger TE in the later rounds that excels in blocking and has some size for the red zone. Some type of poor mans Kyle Rudolph.

Guys to watch
    Nick Eubanks, TE, Michigan
    John Bates, TE, Boise State

Doogie mentioned today he's pretty sure Cleveland is going to stay at guard. Mentioned again that O'Neill might be moved to LT. He also said that Sewell is very much on the Vikings radar and he speculated how they might be able to get him. He won't be there at 14 and will have to trade inside the top 10. Rick has never traded up in the first round so that would be an unprecedented move.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Doogie mentioned today he's pretty sure Cleveland is going to stay at guard. Mentioned again that O'Neill might be moved to LT. He also said that Sewell is very much on the Vikings radar and he speculated how they might be able to get him. He won't be there at 14 and will have to trade inside the top 10. Rick has never traded up in the first round so that would be an unprecedented move.
    Interesting. Would seem Goofy to me to trade more assets to move up in Round 1 for the best Lt in the draft and move him to RT but nothing surprises me anymore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Interesting. Would seem Goofy to me to trade more assets to move up in Round 1 for the best Lt in the draft and move him to RT but nothing surprises me anymore lol.
    I don't think those two moves would be related. If we somehow get Sewell I'm sure he would stick at LT and O'Neill RT. It's more just the option of moving O'Neill to LT is being discussed. If we pick Teven Jenkins then it would make sense to move O'Neill to LT.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I'm not huge on the idea of keeping Cleveland at G. I think we all saw the stats that said he didn't fare very well there. But, if we were able to get Sewell you would obviously keep Cleveland at G and put Sewell at LT. Now I don't believe we will have a chance at Sewell or Slater which is why I'm hoping for Vera-Tucker. I think him at LG and Cleveland at LT would improve our line tremendously. And there's also the added bonus of him playing LT if Cleveland sucks it up.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I'm not huge on the idea of keeping Cleveland at G. I think we all saw the stats that said he didn't fare very well there. But, if we were able to get Sewell you would obviously keep Cleveland at G and put Sewell at LT. Now I don't believe we will have a chance at Sewell or Slater which is why I'm hoping for Vera-Tucker. I think him at LG and Cleveland at LT would improve our line tremendously. And there's also the added bonus of him playing LT if Cleveland sucks it up.
    I would be on board with Vera-Tucker but I'm not sure about picking him at 14. Guard just isn't that valuable of a position and this OL group is deep enough to wait on a guard. I'm on board with an OT at 14 but if it's between somebody like Vera-Tucker or Phillips then give me Phillips all day. We have enough draft capital to trade back into the 2nd round to get an OL. We can even double dip on OL since there is that much depth.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Let's assume we stay at 14 and don't pick OL. Using Dane Brugler's top 100, these are the OL prospects that could be available towards the end of the 2nd round:

53. Jalen Mayfield G Michigan
    54. Quinn Meinerz G Wisconsin Whitewater
    59. Walker Little OT Stanford
    62. Brady Christensen OT BYU
    63. Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    66. Josh Myers C Ohio State
    71. Deonte Brown G Alabama
    74. Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I would be on board with Vera-Tucker but I'm not sure about picking him at 14. Guard just isn't that valuable of a position and this OL group is deep enough to wait on a guard. I'm on board with an OT at 14 but if it's between somebody like Vera-Tucker or Phillips then give me Phillips all day. We have enough draft capital to trade back into the 2nd round to get an OL. We can even double dip on OL since there is that much depth.
    But thats the great thing about Vera-Tucker. He could be a guard or a tackle. He's played both and both really well. I don't think it would be an over draft getting him at 14.
    Philips is defiantly the guy I'd want if we go DE first round. I did like Rousseau but he has been dropping like crazy and I would hate it if we picked up Paye at 14.
    You know with all our draft capital I believe it might be the year to trade up and go get Sewell.

Let's assume we stay at 14 and don't pick OL. Using Dane Brugler's top 100, these are the OL prospects that could be available towards the end of the 2nd round:

53. Jalen Mayfield G Michigan
    54. Quinn Meinerz G Wisconsin Whitewater
    59. Walker Little OT Stanford
    62. Brady Christensen OT BYU
    63. Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    66. Josh Myers C Ohio State
    71. Deonte Brown G Alabama
    74. Dillon Radunz OT North Dakota State
    A lot of talent right there. Would love to get 2 to 4 of these boys. Give me Mayfield, Meirenz, Little and Davis and I'm happy.

But thats the great thing about Vera-Tucker. He could be a guard or a tackle. He's played both and both really well. I don't think it would be an over draft getting him at 14.
    Philips is defiantly the guy I'd want if we go DE first round. I did like Rousseau but he has been dropping like crazy and I would hate it if we picked up Paye at 14.
    You know with all our draft capital I believe it might be the year to trade up and go get Sewell.
    Yeah he did play LT last year but basically every analyst says he is a guard at the next level. If they draft him to play LT then it's a different story. We could always pick him to play LT for a few games and sign Eric Fisher. Whenever Fisher is ready bump VT down to LG. His versatility will definitely help his stock.

As for a trade up, call me crazy but I would rather move up for Slater. Sewell likely goes before Slater so a trade up for Slater should be cheaper. Maybe swing a trade with our old friend George Paton in Denver for the 9th pick. Probably only have to give up one 3rd and one 4th to get up to 9. I know Sewell is a beast but Slater's tape against Chase Young is just so impressive.

A lot of talent right there. Would love to get 2 to 4 of these boys. Give me Mayfield, Meirenz, Little and Davis and I'm happy.
    Let's say we stay at 14 and take Phillips. Nobody can argue how great a turn out this would be:

14: Jaelen Phillips DE Miami
    trade up with Seattle, give up 78 (3rd), 119 (4th), and 143 (4th) for 56 (2nd)
    56: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State

We still have picks 90 (3rd), 125 (4th), and 134 (4th) left on day 3. I'm using Brugler's top 100. With pick 90 we could double dip on the OL. Stone Forsythe, Jackson Carman, Trey Smith and Spencer Brown should be available. Could go WR3 with Tutu Atwell or a safety to develop like Hamsah Nasirildeen or Andre Cisco.

After the draft go sign Eric Fisher and call it a day.

LT: Eric Fisher
    LG: Ezra Cleveland
    C: Garrett Bradbury
    RG: Wyatt Davis
    RT: Brian O'Neill

DE: Jaelen Phillips
    3T: Dalvin Tomlinson
    NT: Michael Pierce
    DE: Danielle Hunter

I have my fingers crossed something like this happens.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

There's a strong possibility Sewell could end up being the Bengals pick so if we are dead set on getting him we might need to even trade into the top 4. I'm not sure the price would be worth paying to move up that far.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    There's a strong possibility Sewell could end up being the Bengals pick so if we are dead set on getting him we might need to even trade into the top 4. I'm not sure the price would be worth paying to move up that far.
    Whatever the cost would be to move up to 4 won't be worth it. We'll need to either give up a package large enough for Atlanta to feel comfortable passing on a QB or we'll have to outbid another team trying to move up for a QB. If the Bengals take Chase instead, which is also a strong possibility, then maybe Sewell falls into reach. I think it's very unlikely we end up with Sewell, though. Slater is more likely IMO.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

In regards to Tucker....some think he would be ok at Tackle but great at guard. There are a lot of guys that fit that same mold as ok tackle but if moved inside they could be great.

Dan Bruglers 7 round Vikings mock draft:

Minnesota Vikings

1 14 Kwity Paye, edge, Michigan
    3 78 Aaron Banks, OG, Notre Dame
    3 90 Jamar Johnson, DS, Indiana
    4 119 Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
    4 125 Derrick Barnes, LB, Purdue
    4 134 Seth Williams, WR, Auburn
    4 143 Tommy Doyle, OT, Miami (Ohio)
    5 157 Shemar Jean-Charles, CB, App State
    5 168 Jaelon Darden, WR, North Texas
    6 199 Javian Hawkins, RB, Louisville

Pick 78 he has us taking Banks over Wyatt Davis, which surprised me. Davis went 89th to the Rams, who run the same blocking scheme.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

There are no team visits this year but teams can still meet with prospects virtually. Below is who the Vikings "met" with so far (in the past this has always been a good indicator who the team likes):

Derrick Barnes, LB, Purdue
    K.J. Britt, LB, Auburn
    Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College
    Chris Evans, RB, Michigan
    Chauncey Golston, EDGE, Iowa
    Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State
    Wyatt Hubert, EDGE, Kansas State
    Carlos Basham Jr., EDGE, Wake Forest
    Notre Dame, EDGE, Daelin Hayes
    Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
    Brady Christensen, OT, BYU
    Peyton Ramsey, QB, Northwestern
    Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn
    JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU
    Caden Sterns, S, Texas
    Darius Stills, DT, West Virginia
    Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
    Feleipe Franks, QB, Arkansas
    Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC
    Kenny Yeboah, TE, Ole Miss
    Lawrence White IV, S, Iowa State
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast