Fourth-Round	119	56
    Fourth-Round	125	47
    Fourth-Round	134	39
    Fourth-Round	143	34.5
    Fifth-Round	157	27
    Fifth-Round	168	22.6
    Sixth-Round	199	10.2
    Total draft capital		1676.3
    think that's up to date.....Rick oughta be able to get a TON of 7th rd picks out of all that, eh?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

10 draft picks is a lot again. I really hope that we get it down to like 6 or 7 because we need quality of quantity. That's why giving up a 7th for Cole was a good move. We know that he will be on the team as a quality backup or as a starter.

If we end up trading back in the first it would be nice to be able to perhaps give up a 3rd or 4th to get a second rounder. I want Rick to be aggressive in getting guys he wants by moving up if needed.

Jaelan Phillips is having a great pro day and Rick is there watching all of it.

On the other side of things, Gregory Rousseau is not having a good day. Jon Ledyard think he is a 3rd round pick.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Jaelan Phillips is having a great pro day and Rick is there watching all of it.

On the other side of things, Gregory Rousseau is not having a good day. Jon Ledyard think he is a 3rd round pick.
    I've been a guy that has been saying "stay away" from Phillips but holy ****ing smokes, he just blew up his pro day. His RAS (relative athletic score) is a 9.99 out of 10 which ranks him 3rd amongst all DE's from 1987 to 2021 (total of 1345 DE's in this test).

I've become more open to him being a pick but this may have just sealed it for me. As long as they do a very fine pick of his medicals. I still like Kwity Paye as well and his back story. I know with Paye, his upbringing motivates him to do well for his family. So I think you know you are getting a very solid prospect.

With Phillips you have the potential for a superstar but also a perennial bust if he does get injured.

Follow @mathbomb for more scores.

Also with Phillips, it seems we will take risks on guys like this who end up being superstars for us. Moss, Harvin, Peterson to name a few who had some sort of baggage.

What is the history with these concussions. DE seems odd to get those at.

looks like the RAS score will come down just a bit as it did not include his bench yet.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I've been a guy that has been saying "stay away" from Phillips but holy ****ing smokes, he just blew up his pro day. His RAS (relative athletic score) is a 9.99 out of 10 which ranks him 3rd amongst all DE's from 1987 to 2021 (total of 1345 DE's in this test).

I've become more open to him being a pick but this may have just sealed it for me. As long as they do a very fine pick of his medicals. I still like Kwity Paye as well and his back story. I know with Paye, his upbringing motivates him to do well for his family. So I think you know you are getting a very solid prospect.

With Phillips you have the potential for a superstar but also a perennial bust if he does get injured.

Follow @mathbomb for more scores.
    What intrigues me most about Phillips (besides his freakish athletic ability) is that technique wise he's very advanced. Good chance he can come in and start week 1. He can also rush inside as well.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

How is this for a mock:

14. Jaelan Phillips EDGE, Miami
    56. Alex Leatherwood OT, Alabama
    90. Quinn Meinerz IOL Wisconsin-Whitewater
    125. Dayo Odeyingbo EDGE, Vanderbilt
    134. Darius Stills IDL, West Virginia
    143. Joshuah Bledsoe S, Missouri

I traded our 3rd (78), 4th (119), and 5th (157) to move up for Leatherwood. When I traded up back into the 2nd round there was Leatherwood, Brady Christensen, and James Hudson still on the board. I went with Leatherwood because he was a beast at Bama and he tested crazy good for his size at his pro day. Leatherwood also might project better at guard so if that happens we can just move Cleveland back to LT. I wasn't expecting to go this heavy in the trenches but that was just how the board fell to me. Dayo Odeyingbo is very talented but raw. He tore his achilles training so we could stash him for most of the season and maybe get him going around mid season.

This should greatly improve our OL and DL:

LT: Alex Leatherwood
    LG: Mason Cole/Quinn Meinerz
    C: Garrett Bradbury
    RG: Ezra Cleveland
    RT: Brian O'Neill

DE: Danielle Hunter, D.J. Wonnum, Dayo Odeyingbo
    3T: Dalvin Tomlinson, Darius Stills, James Lynch
    DT: Michael Pierce, Armon Watts
    DE: Jaelan Phillips, Stephen Weatherly

That DL has the potential to be very very good
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Oh hell yeah! Inject this into my veins lol!!!

What intrigues me most about Phillips (besides his freakish athletic ability) is that technique wise he's very advanced. Good chance he can come in and start week 1. He can also rush inside as well.
    I still wouldn't touch Phillips in round 1. If we traded out of round 1 for multiple 2s then sure take the chance.

I know he has rested but the guy has played 20 football games in 4 years (2017). He has had "retired" due to 3 concussions and had some other injuries stemming from a moped accident. Yes, he did manage to play 10 games this year.

Trust me if I only saw the tape and today's workout I would be clamoring for this guy. HOWEVER, there is just no way to strengthen your brain and we have seem amazing talent like Kuechly and Luck try and try to keep playing but once you get the bug they seem to keep coming. The NFL is too big and fast. I do understand any player is at risk of one big hit ending it all but when you are a player who has never had a concussion or never had a bad one maybe your don't react the same as when it has clearly impacted your quality of life in the past.

If Phillips was a WR I would think differently but this is a guy that is literally about to put his head down and hit bigger faster players than he has in his career for 17 games a year....... If we draft him I will get it. But I don't want a player where you hold your breathe after every tackle they make and don't pop right up.

To me that kind of risk at #14 is way to high when there are upside guys without the brain injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I still wouldn't touch Phillips in round 1. If we traded out of round 1 for multiple 2s then sure take the chance.

I know he has rested but the guy has played 20 football games in 4 years (2017). He has had "retired" due to 3 concussions and had some other injuries stemming from a moped accident. Yes, he did manage to play 10 games this year.

Trust me if I only saw the tape and today's workout I would be clamoring for this guy. HOWEVER, there is just no way to strengthen your brain and we have seem amazing talent like Kuechly and Luck try and try to keep playing but once you get the bug they seem to keep coming. The NFL is too big and fast. I do understand any player is at risk of one big hit ending it all but when you are a player who has never had a concussion or never had a bad one maybe your don't react the same as when it has clearly impacted your quality of life in the past.

If Phillips was a WR I would think differently but this is a guy that is literally about to put his head down and hit bigger faster players than he has in his career for 17 games a year....... If we draft him I will get it. But I don't want a player where you hold your breathe after every tackle they make and don't pop right up.

To me that kind of risk at #14 is way to high when there are upside guys without the brain injury history.
    I read a study that said DE's have one of the lowest concussion rates. WR's and corners had the most concussions. I'm willing to take the risk on him.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

19. Jaelan Phillips EDGE, Miami
    43. Rondale Moore WR, Purdue
    90. Ben Cleveland IOL, Georgia

Alright so I just went wild here with trades lol I moved back with Washington to take Phillips and got their 2nd. I moved up from the 2nd to get Moore. Traded up from the 3rd round to get Leatherwood. If Rick can pull this off I'll build the man a statue
    2021 Vikings Draft:

19. Jaelan Phillips EDGE, Miami
    43. Rondale Moore WR, Purdue
    90. Ben Cleveland IOL, Georgia

Alright so I just went wild here with trades lol I moved back with Washington to take Phillips and got their 2nd. I moved up from the 2nd to get Moore. Traded up from the 3rd round to get Leatherwood. If Rick can pull this off I'll build the man a statue
    well, you know Rick wouldn't be able to sleep at night if he didn't end up with at least 3 7th rd picks in the end
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post

Couldn't agree more Jorge. I trust the Vikings scouts and medical staff, so I will be ok with the pick but it is very risky. I also read that he is an aspiring musician, maybe that was because of his concussions and that's what he decided to do when he retired. Maybe, someone told him, go play a year and a team will take a chance on you. You will get paid thus have the funding to support that musician career.

Ok, ok, I may be digging but I think it's at the very least worth looking into lol.

If I had to choose between Phillips and Paye at 14, I would take Paye.

The draft cant get here quick enough. Im excited.

Oh by the way Baylor was robbed. Tbat girl was fouled by 2 players but those refs didnt call it. I need to check on that young lady for Baylor to give her a hug or something😁

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Page 17 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast