Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    No idea who that is

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Penei Sewell, stud LT from Oregon...many have viewed him as the top overall talent in the draft since even before he opted out of last season. His brother Noah is a linebacker who may be just as good a prospect (LB) a couple drafts from now.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I've been seeing this too. Slater had a hell of a pro day and he is going to get a lot of attention just for the work he did against Chase Young.

I can see Sewell dropping out of the top 5 but not much further. The Bengals looked primed to pick him or Slater and still could take either one but now they have Reiff signed they have options. Jonah Williams is their LT too. I'm guessing the Eagles get a weapon for Hurts. Detroit makes a lot of sense for either one. I'll be stunned if either one is on the board for the Chargers and they pass. Trading up is probably the only way we can snag one of them. Both are top 10 talents IMO.
    I agree, I know the Cowboys need DB help but I can't see them passing on either one if given the chance. We know the Chargers will more than likely take one too. Cincy could take WR and then take OT with their next pick. They could get someone like Jalen Mayfield, Radunz, or Eichenberg. There is a lot of quality OL in the top of this draft.

A player I'm becoming very interested in is Jayson Oweh. The more I read about him the more he reminds me a lot of a certain player. Oweh is 6'5, about 250 and just looks like a monster. He's pretty raw, only started playing football as a junior in high school. Only had 5.5 sacks in 2019 and none in 2020 but he was PFF's top rated run defender. Anybody guess where I'm going with this?

His pro day is tomorrow and he claims he'll run a sub 4.4.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

A player I'm becoming very interested in is Jayson Oweh. The more I read about him the more he reminds me a lot of a certain player. Oweh is 6'5, about 250 and just looks like a monster. He's pretty raw, only started playing football as a junior in high school. Only had 5.5 sacks in 2019 and none in 2020 but he was PFF's top rated run defender. Anybody guess where I'm going with this?

you're a sly Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    you're a sly Hunter
    You hit the bulls eye. I don't know if Oweh will go in the first round but I have to imagine the Vikings will be high on him. Dane Brugler compares him to JPP.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Ya I'm not real familiar with him. I think some view him as a 3-4 OLB.

You hit the bulls eye. I don't know if Oweh will go in the first round but I have to imagine the Vikings will be high on him. Dane Brugler compares him to JPP.
    He's currently projected in the 20s, so good chance it's 1st round.

I was just listening to SiriusXM and they had Chauncey Golston on...projected more like 4th round, but they were praising his motor. The more they talked with him, the more of a Zimmer guy he sounded. Not someone I'm suggesting we count on as a starter, but a guy who could be a nice day 3 rotational piece.

As far as 1st round, tho...we can virtually count on certain players, in whatever order, being gone before our pick. Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Sewell, Slater, Pitts, Smith, Chase almost certainly...then it starts getting questionable with Parsons, and Surtain. But that's 11 we can currently assume will be gone. Yes, maybe Slater isn't, and maybe guys like Mac Jones and Caleb Farley drop guys we'd look at further. Jackson Carmen is another guy, but I don't know what character issues they're referring to.

Regardless, if OL/DE is what we want, we should be in good shape at 14, better shape if we move up, if all our guys go early there's still great talent to move down for a guy like Oweh.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Ya I'm not real familiar with him. I think some view him as a 3-4 OLB.
    I've seen the 3-4 thing but I don't get it. His body is built like a DE but maybe it's because he's such a good athlete? Their smarter than me lol but I like him on the Vikings.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    He's currently projected in the 20s, so good chance it's 1st round.

I was just listening to SiriusXM and they had Chauncey Golston on...projected more like 4th round, but they were praising his motor. The more they talked with him, the more of a Zimmer guy he sounded. Not someone I'm suggesting we count on as a starter, but a guy who could be a nice day 3 rotational piece.

As far as 1st round, tho...we can virtually count on certain players, in whatever order, being gone before our pick. Lawrence, Wilson, Fields, Lance, Sewell, Slater, Pitts, Smith, Chase almost certainly...then it starts getting questionable with Parsons, and Surtain. But that's 11 we can currently assume will be gone. Yes, maybe Slater isn't, and maybe guys like Mac Jones and Caleb Farley drop guys we'd look at further. Jackson Carmen is another guy, but I don't know what character issues they're referring to.

Regardless, if OL/DE is what we want, we should be in good shape at 14, better shape if we move up, if all our guys go early there's still great talent to move down for a guy like Oweh.
    Iowa guy. I get confused because at 1 point with IA he was considered a better pro prospect than AJ Epenesa. Now that could have just been 1 guy saying that, can't really recall. But now, he's considered a mid to late round guy, probably in that 4th-5th round range. He's pretty damn good.

It reminds me of when Desmond King was considered a 1st round guy, came back to IA, fell to the fourth but has been pretty damn good. I think Gholston will be a pretty solid add for a mid round pick who can do it all.

Alaric Jackson is another guy who at one point was considered as good as Tristin Wirfs. He in fact kept Tristin on the right side of our OL. He's projected late round guy too, 5th or 6th. I read that he was vegan, and in the last week he has given that up, so not sure if that maybe played into it or not.

I've seen the 3-4 thing but I don't get it. His body is built like a DE but maybe it's because he's such a good athlete? Their smarter than me lol but I like him on the Vikings.
    Ya you could see where being that good of an athlete he could for sure excel as a OLB.

Jayson Oweh measured in at 6'5 257 34 1/2 arms. Ran a 4.36 40, 39.5 vertical, and a 134 broad jump. Also ran a 6.84 3 cone.

He checked in bigger and more athletic than Hunter. He's probably a first round pick.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 03-25-2021 at 01:42 PM.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

https://twitter.com/dtsturner/status...24182242054149

Somebody else ready my mind! I really like this kid. If we don't go OL in round 1 I would seriously consider him (trade back).
    2021 Vikings Draft:

lol for the last week or so I was thinking, damn this is one hell of an athletic class. I just can't anymore, these numbers are being inflated. Some guys are just running a lot faster than anyone thought.

Teams need to focus on the film.

Kwity Paye ran a 4.54 40 FYI.

Keep an eye on Brady Christensen (OT BYU) come the draft. Spielman was at the BYU pro day (over Michigan) and Christensen had a great work out. Fits our zone scheme perfectly.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Jim Morrissey C/G Pitt

Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast