Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    There are no team visits this year but teams can still meet with prospects virtually. Below is who the Vikings "met" with so far (in the past this has always been a good indicator who the team likes):

Derrick Barnes, LB, Purdue
    K.J. Britt, LB, Auburn
    Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston College
    Chris Evans, RB, Michigan
    Chauncey Golston, EDGE, Iowa
    Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State
    Wyatt Hubert, EDGE, Kansas State
    Carlos Basham Jr., EDGE, Wake Forest
    Notre Dame, EDGE, Daelin Hayes
    Dillon Radunz, OT, North Dakota State
    Brady Christensen, OT, BYU
    Peyton Ramsey, QB, Northwestern
    Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn
    JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU
    Caden Sterns, S, Texas
    Darius Stills, DT, West Virginia
    Kyle Trask, QB, Florida
    Feleipe Franks, QB, Arkansas
    Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC
    Kenny Yeboah, TE, Ole Miss
    Lawrence White IV, S, Iowa State
    Not a CB included on that list?
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Drafting Paye, Philips or Rousseau at #14 will be the end for Spielman.

1.) Rousseau has serious concerns and some are projecting he could even fall to the 5th Round.

2.) Phillips tested well but only flashed last year...and Iím not wasting the #14 for a guy that has had as many concussions as heís had. PA on KFAN said today that from what heís heard, he wouldnít touch Philips any sooner than the 3rd Round and this guy is as plugged into the Vikings as anyone in the media.

3.) Paye is the one thatís really mystifying to me. Have people really watched his game tape??? Heís a mid 2nd Round talent at best IMO and completely disappeared against better competition.

Pay the price to move up to grab Sewell or Slater and donít look back. Taking Paye or Philips at #14 would be a HUGE mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Drafting Paye, Philips or Rousseau at #14 will be the end for Spielman.

1.) Rousseau has serious concerns and some are projecting he could even fall to the 5th Round.

2.) Phillips tested well but only flashed last year...and Iím not wasting the #14 for a guy that has had as many concussions as heís had. PA on KFAN said today that from what heís heard, he wouldnít touch Philips any sooner than the 3rd Round and this guy is as plugged into the Vikings as anyone in the media.

3.) Paye is the one thatís really mystifying to me. Have people really watched his game tape??? Heís a mid 2nd Round talent at best IMO and completely disappeared against better competition.

Pay the price to move up to grab Sewell or Slater and donít look back. Taking Paye or Philips at #14 would be a HUGE mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's disappointing to hear PA say that about Phillips. I understand concussions are serious issue but it appears to be almost a consensus among draft analysts that talent wise Phillips is a top 10 player in this class. DE actually has one of the lower concussion rates so I'm willing to take my chances on him.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Hello everybody.

I do not post as often as I used to, but I am now. I always look forward to the draft every year. It gives me a sense of the direction that my team is headed in.

To be very honest with you, I do not know much about this years draft prospects. I do not watch much college football, but when I do, I watch Iowa State (GO CLONES AND GO MATT CAMPBELL!!!)

DT is not very deep in this years draft class and does not seem like a high priority for many teams. Even though Michael Pierce is a great player and has no character concerns, I do tend to question if his "heart" is willing to come back to play again.

I predict that Minny may move back 1 or 2 times in the first round to pick up Barmore. With the draft capital they pick up, they may be able to come back early in the 2nd round to get Tucker or another promising Guard.

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bigvikingfan View Post
    Hello everybody.

I do not post as often as I used to, but I am now. I always look forward to the draft every year. It gives me a sense of the direction that my team is headed in.

To be very honest with you, I do not know much about this years draft prospects. I do not watch much college football, but when I do, I watch Iowa State (GO CLONES AND GO MATT CAMPBELL!!!)

DT is not very deep in this years draft class and does not seem like a high priority for many teams. Even though Michael Pierce is a great player and has no character concerns, I do tend to question if his "heart" is willing to come back to play again.

I predict that Minny may move back 1 or 2 times in the first round to pick up Barmore. With the draft capital they pick up, they may be able to come back early in the 2nd round to get Tucker or another promising Guard.

Your thoughts?
    I actually posted that I was convinced this would be what Speilman would do back a couple months ago. I think there are prime trade down targets to the early 20s like the Jags/Browns that could move up for WR/LB/CB and Baremore seems to me like he has no place on peoples mock drafts. He just shows up between 11-27 because mockers know he should go in round 1 lol. I would actually be thrilled if we recouped our 2nd and took Barmore. He is huge and for his size is actually a pass rush threat. Having Baremore and Pierce inside would be LEGIT size and Baremore would take less pressure off the DE to create pressure. I do wonder what the front office plans for Dalvin Tomlinson though which could take Baremore out of the running.

Either way, I think we trade down. I feel like Speilman won't be able to accept not having that 2nd round selection with the guys that could fall.

Getting antsy boys, love me some draft weekend!

2020 Vikings Draft:

https://www.nfl.com/news/general-man...witter_nfl_cfb
    ^ NFL.com ranked 6th in terms of best GM's at drafting
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Like I said before, I'm more out of the loop than usual when it comes to this year's draft but I just watched Brett Kollnan's breakdown of Phillips and I'm all for taking him at 14.

Still pulling for Smith but I know that's unlikely.

If Sewell, Slater, Surtain Jr. and Smith are gone at #14, I'd guess it's 80% likely that we trade down and I'd be completely fine with that. If we can slide back roughly 10 spots and pick up a 2nd Round Pick, that would be ideal if I was the Vikings' GM. Thankfully for the board, I'm not.

Go Vikings!
    Last edited by Slim Tubby; 04-16-2021 at 10:50 AM.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1383076921681063939
    ^ I made the same comparison. Ian is definitely copying me
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1383076921681063939
    ^ I made the same comparison. Ian is definitely copying me
    Perhaps you are Ian. I've never seen you two at the same location and time before
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Perhaps you are Ian. I've never seen you two at the same location and time before
    I'm Ian's better looking brother
    2020 Vikings Draft:

I'd take Kwity Paye over Phillips but that's because of medicals. I trust the Vikes will do their homework but Phillips/Paye or AVT at 14 would be fine with me.

I hope we take an elite talent that falls, a top olineman or move back. If we go for someone like Philips or Paye or even Rousseau I hope it is via trading back not by taking them at 14.

The QB's may push an elite talent to us so I would start there to see if it happens. If Fields were on the clock when we picked I would also pull the trigger on that I think he will be a franchise QB although I am sure Zim/Rick would choose something to help them keep their job instead next season. It's very possible we see 4-5 go before us though which likely includes Fields.

Otherwise Chase, Smith, Sewell and Slater, Surtain just see if any of these guys make it to us for whatever reason and if so you at least have to strongly consider and if not then focus on oline (AVT?) or getting more draft capital

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I hope we take an elite talent that falls, a top olineman or move back. If we go for someone like Philips or Paye or even Rousseau I hope it is via trading back not by taking them at 14.

The QB's may push an elite talent to us so I would start there to see if it happens. If Fields were on the clock when we picked I would also pull the trigger on that I think he will be a franchise QB although I am sure Zim/Rick would choose something to help them keep their job instead next season. It's very possible we see 4-5 go before us though which likely includes Fields.

Otherwise Chase, Smith, Sewell and Slater, Surtain just see if any of these guys make it to us for whatever reason and if so you at least have to strongly consider and if not then focus on oline (AVT?) or getting more draft capital
    Honestly I don't know how it would effect the rest of the offseason be but if Micah Parsons is there at #14. Pairing him with Kendricks and Barr could have the potential to be the best LB core in football for a year and fill any hole Barr would leave behind. I have 0 Idea what Barr's trade market may be as well if We select Parsons I would be curious to see if Rick starts getting calls.

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast