Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    lol don't confuse max protection with double teams. VT ran a bunch of 2 tight end sets this game because their offense stunk. Darrisaw was often on an island and gave up 2 pressures all game.

No one ever said he was a perfect prospect. Below is his overview by Lance Zierlein of NFL.com. Note the first two words:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/christ...4-71998bd16533
    who gives half-hearted effort securing down blocks - this line alone puts him out of the first round. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by akytola View Post
    If the Epilepsy doesnít become a problem. That is a huge haul to give up for a major medical question. Talent to the sky for sure. But Georgia was fun shy because of the medical stuff which led to the transfer to Ohio State. Cause he was honestly the best QB Georgia had on deck at the time. That is a scary possible issue. Oh wait. Do I not know what Iím talking about again???
    He didn't transfer to Ohio State because of epilepsy. He transferred because Georgia chose to start Fromm over him and then used the racial slur as a reason to gain immediate eligibility.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

who gives half-hearted effort securing down blocks - this line alone puts him out of the first round. Period.
    Is it a cause for concern? Yes. But that doesn't mean he isn't a first round pick. The consensus big board, which is pulled from 70 different big boards, has Darrisaw as a top 15 player. I'll stand by the consensus opinion over your opinion.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

The game against Boston college shows how spotty Darrisaw really is. The difference between a steal of a pick and a questionable one, is the fact a steal usually has limited if any red flags. Effort, looking slow as in game, and Boston college made him look lost on more than a handful of plays. In big time games, except Miami, he shows up on the tape. And thatís not a good thing for OL. OL is effective when u donít notice them. That is not the case here. Is there value. Yea, especially with the picks thrown in, but the true value of this pick is the picks we got in return. Not the player we had fall in our lap.

He didn't transfer to Ohio State because of epilepsy. He transferred because Georgia chose to start Fromm over him and then used the racial slur as a reason to gain immediate eligibility.
    Youíre telling me that they went with Fromm over Fields and non of that was medical related??? Gtfo. Justin Fields was the second rated QB out of high school that year. Racial slur helped his cause, but the medical stuff for sure played a part in him leaving Georgia.

Youíre telling me that they went with Fromm over Fields and non of that was medical related??? Gtfo. Justin Fields was the second rated QB out of high school that year. Racial slur helped his cause, but the medical stuff for sure played a part in him leaving Georgia.
    Yes, this is 100% what happened. Look it up. Georgia has been laughed at ever since.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Is it a cause for concern? Yes. But that doesn't mean he isn't a first round pick. The consensus big board, which is pulled from 70 different big boards, has Darrisaw as a top 15 player. I'll stand by the consensus opinion over your opinion.
    Those same consensus that called Matt Khalil a sure thing, the same consensus that had NEVER made a mistake. Iím a fan who is sick of being **** on. Not a Twitter trying to sell words. If the consensus was right, we would have the consensus as our GM. everyone needs to temper expectations and be realistic. Darrisaw will be stop gap at best. Mark my words.

Darrisaw is a good pick would have been at 14 so its a steal. Keep building the lines love the draft so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dimgim View Post
    Darrisaw is a good pick would have been at 14 so its a steal. Keep building the lines love the draft so far.
    I don't know what everyone is up in arms about. We gained extra picks and got our starting LT. Clearly Rick tried to trade up when Slater fell but the Cowboys got 2 deals that were better from the eagles and bears and decided not to risk losing parsons. Nothing we could have done other than gave another 1st to move up 2-3 spots.

AVT I know was a hot option to everyone in here but his tape is garbage to be honest and he literally got drafted in that spot to play guard. The Jets may have put him at RT but he will never see LT over Becton in green.

Good pick to start the draft and lets see what Rick does. I am expecting him to trade into round 2 today but not sure for what. My top 3 trade targets would be:

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (could learn for a year and ease losing Barr in the offseason)
    Elijah Moore (Wr3 is still a need)
    Christian Baremore (Upside 3tech)
    Boogie Basham/ Aziz Ojulari (Upside DE to add depth)
    Any Guard or C with a good pass blocking grade (Or grab a MAULER and move Ezra to LG)
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 04-30-2021 at 07:35 AM.

The game against Boston college shows how spotty Darrisaw really is. The difference between a steal of a pick and a questionable one, is the fact a steal usually has limited if any red flags. Effort, looking slow as in game, and Boston college made him look lost on more than a handful of plays. In big time games, except Miami, he shows up on the tape. And thatís not a good thing for OL. OL is effective when u donít notice them. That is not the case here. Is there value. Yea, especially with the picks thrown in, but the true value of this pick is the picks we got in return. Not the player we had fall in our lap.

They beat Boston college 45-14...... I'm sure a lot of guys "took a few plays off" in a boring *** Whomping.

Just to reset for the day, this is what the Vikings still currently have for picks, including draft value

Third-Round Pick, 66th overall (260)
    Third-Round Pick, 78th overall (200)
    Third-Round Pick, 86th overall (160)
    Third-Round Pick (from Ravens), 90th overall (140)
    Fourth-Round Pick, 119th overall (56)
    Fourth-Round Pick (from Bears), 125th overall (47)
    Fourth-Round Pick (from Bills), 134th overall (39)
    Fifth-Round Pick, 157th overall (27)
    Fifth-Round Pick (from Steelers), 168th overall (22.)
    Sixth-Round Pick, 199th overall (10.2)

That's a total of 961.8
    Since a goal should be to trade for at least one 2nd round pick, in general it would take 500 points to get into the upper 2nd, 400 for the middle, and 300 for the back part of the round.

In other words, our middle 2 3rds and a 4th might get us a pick in the upper 40s
    Give up our last 3 3rds and we could get somewhere in the top of the 2nd
    Jacksonville has 2 2nds so their #45 could be a target- 450 points on the chart
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 04-30-2021 at 08:22 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Just to reset for the day, this is what the Vikings still currently have for picks, including draft value

Third-Round Pick, 66th overall (260)
    Third-Round Pick, 78th overall (200)
    Third-Round Pick, 86th overall (160)
    Third-Round Pick (from Ravens), 90th overall (140)
    Fourth-Round Pick, 119th overall (56)
    Fourth-Round Pick (from Bears), 125th overall (47)
    Fourth-Round Pick (from Bills), 134th overall (39)
    Fifth-Round Pick, 157th overall (27)
    Fifth-Round Pick (from Steelers), 168th overall (22.)
    Sixth-Round Pick, 199th overall (10.2)

That's a total of 961.8
    Since a goal should be to trade for at least one 2nd round pick, in general it would take 500 points to get into the upper 2nd, 400 for the middle, and 300 for the back part of the round.

In other words, our middle 2 3rds and a 4th might get us a pick in the upper 40s
    Give up our last 3 3rds and we could get somewhere in the top of the 2nd
    Jacksonville has 2 2nds so their #45 could be a target- 450 points on the chart
    Im really curious to see how aggressive rick gets. There are so many good players left I could see him trading up to round 2 or waiting till round 3 to pick and making small moves to get the top 4 guys left on their board.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Im really curious to see how aggressive rick gets. There are so many good players left I could see him trading up to round 2 or waiting till round 3 to pick and making small moves to get the top 4 guys left on their board.
    #66 at the top of our board is the 2nd pick of Rd 3, so 'almost' a 2
    Depends on who they're targeting and/or what positions. We assume they'll go after edge rushers...but guys like Ojulari and Ossai may go in the top half of rd 2 so might be on the rich side...same with Elijah or Rondale Moore if they're thinking WR. A guard like Wyatt Davis in the mid 40s would be doable, as would an edge rusher like Basham. Knowing they love versatility in their OL Mayfield could be there even a bit later into rd 2. Grabbing WR Eskridge would be a nice way to add more speed.

Since we went OL in the first, one would think Zim's head might explode if the next pick isn't D, with the most obvious being DE.......so trading maybe 2 3rds and a 4th to grab Basham in the 40s would be sweet. Tho I just realized Dillon Radunz from NDSU is still out there as well. He'd plug in nicely at LG next to Darrisaw. Davis Mills with the #66 would be a value pick if they're thinking QB or LB Nick Bolton.

Listening to Zim's presser last night he kind of let on to the fact that WR is, indeed, another position on their mind...along with OL and (I guess he wasn't specific) D.

However we do it, adding a quality DE, OG, and WR to me are a must...backup QB, LB (since Barr is likely gone after '21), and maybe a couple safety prospects...

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Listening to Zim's presser last night he kind of let on to the fact that WR is, indeed, another position on their mind...along with OL and (I guess he wasn't specific) D.

However we do it, adding a quality DE, OG, and WR to me are a must...backup QB, LB (since Barr is likely gone after '21), and maybe a couple safety prospects...

What would you guys think about Rick giving up multiple picks to get either Owusu-Koramoah or Moehrig?

Harrison and Barr are both UFA after this Season and I saw pre draft mocks with people saying Moehrig was the best 2ndary player in the draft and could go top 15.

Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast