Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    What are your guys thoughts on Kwity Paye? It could be my bias as an Ohio state fan and never really watching Michigan but I just don't really get excited about him.

His tape is fine, I'd like to see a couple sacks and he is kind undersized. If we traded down and took him I would feel alright but at 14 I kinda hope he's not the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    What are your guys thoughts on Kwity Paye? It could be my bias as an Ohio state fan and never really watching Michigan but I just don't really get excited about him.

His tape is fine, I'd like to see a couple sacks and he is kind undersized. If we traded down and took him I would feel alright but at 14 I kinda hope he's not the pick.
    I tend to agree my friend. If they go Edge, I'm hoping they trade back and get Jaelan Phillips and are able to recoup a 2nd in the process. Also hoping the NFL can develop a space helmet so that he doesn't retire on the first snap of the 2021 season. A lot of hopes.

Never knew you were an Ohio State fan. Same here man. Being an a Vikings fan and continuously losing has made me appreciate being an Ohio State that much more lol

But I agree with you on Paye. I try my best to take out any bias when I attempt to "scout" players but IMO Paye is too raw to take at 14. He's juiced up very similar to Everson Griffen but to me he doesn't seem to really know how to rush the passer yet. I watched his film against Minnesota and it wasn't until late in the game when the Gophers were forced into catch up mode that Paye started to make a few plays. If I recall correctly, Minnesota was missing one of their starting tackles.

Phillips IMO should make a greater impact from day 1 and has just as much upside. If we trade back into the mid to late 20s and take Paye I'll be on board with that but not at 14. Phillips > Paye
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

If I'm looking correctly, it is highly unlikely for ANY DL and possibly no LB to be off the board at 14.
    I know we need an Edge.....but especially given Barr is likely in his last year in MN, if Micah Parsons is there, don't we just have to grab him?

I mean at this point there's expected to be 5 QBs, at least 2 each OT/WR/CB, and a TE gone...only need there to be a 3rd of one of those positions (quite likely) or a surprise and Parsons would still be there....problem is, someone like the Eagles is more likely to take Parsons over the 3rd option on other positions.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I had a pretty awesome draft dream yesterday and I am convinced it was a premonition so get ready for a wild draft day fellas.

this is how it played out
    1 Jags- Trevor Lawrence QB
    2 Jets - Zach Wilson QB
    3 49ers- Justin Fields QB
    4 Falcons- Kyle Pitts TE
    5 Bengals- Penei Sewell OT
    6 Dolphins- Jamar Chase WR
    7 Detroit- Devonta Smith WR
    Panthers-TRADE!!! The vikings Trade #14 and 2022 1st rounder and #119 to Carolina for #8
    8 Vikings- Trey Lance QB NDSU
    Broncos TRADE!!! The Broncos Trade #9 and #40 & 2022 2nd rounder for Kirk Cousins
    I woke up before Goodell could announce our next pick......

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Never knew you were an Ohio State fan. Same here man. Being an a Vikings fan and continuously losing has made me appreciate being an Ohio State that much more lol

But I agree with you on Paye. I try my best to take out any bias when I attempt to "scout" players but IMO Paye is too raw to take at 14. He's juiced up very similar to Everson Griffen but to me he doesn't seem to really know how to rush the passer yet. I watched his film against Minnesota and it wasn't until late in the game when the Gophers were forced into catch up mode that Paye started to make a few plays. If I recall correctly, Minnesota was missing one of their starting tackles.

Phillips IMO should make a greater impact from day 1 and has just as much upside. If we trade back into the mid to late 20s and take Paye I'll be on board with that but not at 14. Phillips > Paye

Let's go BUCKEYES! I secretly want us to get Sermon if he sees past round 3.

Anyway, to me Paye just looks like a workout warrior with a good motor which is exactly what you want to see on the collegiate level but I don't think that translates as often to the NFL.

I like Phillips aside from his health concerns but honestly Im in the minority and like Rousseau the best as a trade down candidate. I think now that Griffin is gone and Hunter is going to get his big payday they should move him over on the weak side and let him work and have a rookie on the strong side. I think Rousseau is rawer than most but he as a player who will benefit from coaching and development his upside is sky high.

We already know from tape that with his size he can handle the run and has the physical gifts to rush the passer but I think he's a year of NFL coaching and strength training away from being every bit of what Myles Garrett is today. He also has very low miles on his body and cmon 15.5 sacks in a season for a freshman is no fluke....

Paye - Age 22- 28 Games played 11.5 sacks 23.5 TFL
    Phillips- Age 21- 20 Games played 12.5 sacks 23.5 TFL
    Rousseau- Age 21- 14 Games played 15.5 sacks 19.5 TFL

Oh God, two Buckeye fans, I'm going to throw up! Go HAWKS!!! lol

Lately we've played good against them though.

Anyway, to me Paye just looks like a workout warrior with a good motor which is exactly what you want to see on the collegiate level but I don't think that translates as often to the NFL.

I like Phillips aside from his health concerns but honestly Im in the minority and like Rousseau the best as a trade down candidate. I think now that Griffin is gone and Hunter is going to get his big payday they should move him over on the weak side and let him work and have a rookie on the strong side. I think Rousseau is rawer than most but he as a player who will benefit from coaching and development his upside is sky high.

We already know from tape that with his size he can handle the run and has the physical gifts to rush the passer but I think he's a year of NFL coaching and strength training away from being every bit of what Myles Garrett is today. He also has very low miles on his body and cmon 15.5 sacks in a season for a freshman is no fluke....

It sounds to me like Paye is still raw and has a lot of upside. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think his run defense is equally as good. Could be scheme thing too, kind of like how Zim plays our DE's different. Why Yannick didn't fit well because he just wanted to rush the passer and not worry about anything else.

All 3 have huge upside though. I'd be pretty happy with any of them but Phillips still concerns me with injury past.

Lately I haven't seen many good things said about Rousseau. I've seen some suggest he's a day 3 pick. I haven't watched much of him but apparently he's not overly athletic and he didn't test well at his pro day either.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Oh God, two Buckeye fans, I'm going to throw up! Go HAWKS!!! lol

Lately we've played good against them though.
    Constantly a thorn in our side lol A few years ago when Iowa had Hockenson and Fant you guys dropped a 50 burger on us and I'm still shocked to this day how badly you kicked our ***. I've always had a lot of respect for Iowa.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

A lot has been mentioned about the Vikings need for a WR3 (which is true) but I'm wondering if they'll look at another tight end. The last few years we've run a lot of multiple tight end sets so it might make more sense to get another athletic tight end than it does another wide receiver. I mean personally I would absolutely put the priority on another wide receiver but with this scheme they might get more use out of a tight end. I'm mostly looking at Brevin Jordan from Miami. Dane Brugler actually compares him to Irv Smith and his pro day results are similar to Smith. They may end up deciding Conklin is good enough for the #2 job but even if it's not a high pick I expect they'll add a tight end at some point.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Arif Hasan just wrote an article that identifies players the Vikings could target based upon their workout criteria. I won't list all of them since there is a bunch but looking at pass rushers there is a lot. He put an asterisk next to certain players who posted scores that the team has shown a preference for, mostly because they had a great 3 cone score.

Edge:
    Kwity Paye*
    Jaelan Phillips*
    Jayson Oweh*
    Carlos Basham Jr.*
    Elerson G. Smith*
    William Bradley-King*
    Shaka Toney*
    Patrick Johnson*

DT
    Bobby Brown III*
    Milton Williams*
    Tommy Togiai*
    Marvin Wilson*
    Darius Stills*
    TaQuon Graham*
    Marquiss Spencer*
    Roy Lopez*
    Isaiahh Loudermilk*
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I had a pretty awesome draft dream yesterday and I am convinced it was a premonition so get ready for a wild draft day fellas.

this is how it played out
    1 Jags- Trevor Lawrence QB
    2 Jets - Zach Wilson QB
    3 49ers- Justin Fields QB
    4 Falcons- Kyle Pitts TE
    5 Bengals- Penei Sewell OT
    6 Dolphins- Jamar Chase WR
    7 Detroit- Devonta Smith WR
    Panthers-TRADE!!! The vikings Trade #14 and 2022 1st rounder and #119 to Carolina for #8
    8 Vikings- Trey Lance QB NDSU
    Broncos TRADE!!! The Broncos Trade #9 and #40 & 2022 2nd rounder for Kirk Cousins
    I woke up before Goodell could announce our next pick......

like posted on the trade fa thread. cousins to the niners could still be in play for the #3 pick but the niners would have to unload jimmy g and add what they get for him and the niners 2nd rnd pk to get close to kirk.

2021 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Lance Zierlein tweeted he hears the league isnít very high on Rosseau or Mayfield.

If either fall to the mid rounds the Vikings might get decent value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    A lot has been mentioned about the Vikings need for a WR3 (which is true) but I'm wondering if they'll look at another tight end. The last few years we've run a lot of multiple tight end sets so it might make more sense to get another athletic tight end than it does another wide receiver. I mean personally I would absolutely put the priority on another wide receiver but with this scheme they might get more use out of a tight end. I'm mostly looking at Brevin Jordan from Miami. Dane Brugler actually compares him to Irv Smith and his pro day results are similar to Smith. They may end up deciding Conklin is good enough for the #2 job but even if it's not a high pick I expect they'll add a tight end at some point.
    If we went TE, there's such a huge drop after Pitts....but we wouldn't be thinking even WR until at least the 3rd anyway. Do we need an athletic TE? or a solid blocker like a Tommy Tremble...

...or do we need a blazer like an Elijah Moore in the 4th...

I could see adding more of a WR2 so JJ and Adam can each rotate thru the slot more often, too

Maybe KJ Osborn surprises us all and WR3 is already on the roster, too....still wish we'd gone Quez Watkins instead last year, could've even possibly waited a round, added another OL in the 5th...not that Quez has shown out yet either, but
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast