Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Louis Riddick said on ESPN he thinks the Vikings are crushing this draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I honestly have nothing to complain about. I thought we would make a larger effort to get a pass rush Dt but my guess is we go after a FA like Atkins or they plan to really rotate DLine packages where Patrick Jones or Janarius Robinson or Wonnum move into D tackle like we did with Griffin toward the end of his time on passing downs.

Really excited to start watching tape on some of these guys. Excited enough about Darrisaw and Davis to be honest I chalked it up to a win yesterday. We also have what 10 ML in cap space? I would love to see a trade for a WR.

So they have taken this idea of athletes with versatility to a new level. A punting/long snapping TE. Um what?

2021 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

I donít think it was quite the knockout others do. If I am wrong on the QB though and thatís why people love it I guess that would make sense to me.

I also wouldnít complain in general and would say itís solid, I think itís like a B-. We hit oline about as early as could be expected with darrisaw/Davis. We got a few prospects to look into. Long term there are positives I really liked day 1 and we got some solid pieces next two even with issues Iíve covered.

I am more upset with the overall off-season/strategy than I am with just the draft/talent we got I think.

Quote Originally Posted by akytola View Post
    So they have taken this idea of athletes with versatility to a new level. A punting/long snapping TE. Um what?
    Bro he looks like he could be kind of a beast though lol. 4.62 40 at almost 6'7 250 could be a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by akytola View Post
    a lot of these kids came from small high schools and/or went to small colleges.....do you also question players who played more than one sport? I mean, Kyler Murray was drafted as a baseball player...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I like everything man. Darrison and Davis I have high expectations for.

I am really excited about Ihmir Smith Marsette. He is a blazer and has a swag about him that I love in Wrs. Will be nice to have a true deep threat with Thielen and Jefferson.

Not sure about him but Janarius Robinson is a couple good years of coaching from being something. He plays violently in the best way.

Kene Nwangwu is going to give us some change of pace with his speed in passing downs and will probably be the expected KR/PR going into camp.

Zach Davidson is gonna be a fun guy to follow. He may be a good redzone guy but if he doesn't excel at TE we get a Punter lol.

2021 NFL Draft Discussion Thread

Only pick I can say I donít like is Twyman. Some people still like him but I didnít think he was impressive on tape and then he tested terrible at his pro day. I think he benefited from having a good pair of DEs around him. Hopefully Iím wrong but who cares itís only a 6th round pick.

Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 05-01-2021 at 05:06 PM.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

I know heís not a great athlete, but Jaylen Twyman looks like a beast when you turn the tape on. Thatís a nice low risk high reward pick late in the draft. My only beef with this draft is the Mond and Surratt picks, i thought we should have gone with a receiver in either of those spots. Mond isnít going to help us win this year and Surratt wonít play much either, but if they turn out to be studs then iíll eat crow.

Twyman was the one I read may have a motor issue? Yeah, that'll change one way or another.

Smith Marsette was the Big Ten returner of the year? Yeah, should be some fun competition with Nwangwu there...and should light a fire under KJ Osborn if he still wants a job

Can't hit on every pick, but they've done quite well with Day 2-3 picks, it's usually been 1st rd they're questionable on

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    I know heís not a great athlete, but Jaylen Twyman looks like a beast when you turn the tape on. Thatís a nice low risk high reward pick late in the draft. My only beef with this draft is the Mond and Surratt picks, i thought we should have gone with a receiver in either of those spots. Mond isnít going to help us win this year and Surratt wonít play much either, but if they turn out to be studs then iíll eat crow.
    I didnít see that with Twyman whenever I watched him. He never stood out to me. Iíll watch him again. The only thing Iím hopeful about with him is that he weighed about 20 pounds more at his pro day than his playing weight. If we want him as an undersized pass rusher then he might gain some speed by dropping a few pounds. I donít have high expectations and I hope this doesnít prevent us from signing one of the veteran DTís.

2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I didnít see that with Twyman whenever I watched him. He never stood out to me. Iíll watch him again. The only thing Iím hopeful about with him is that he weighed about 20 pounds more at his pro day than his playing weight. If we want him as an undersized pass rusher then he might gain some speed by dropping a few pounds. I donít have high expectations and I hope this doesnít prevent us from signing one of the veteran DTís.

Yea I see him as a situational pass rusher on 3rd downs from the 3T position. 10.5 sacks and 36 pressures his last year on the football field. None of these guys that are still on the board at this point are sure things, heís definitely a project but i like the pick.

ďWith the 14th Pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings selectĒ:

OT Christian Darrisaw
    QB Kellen Mond
    OG Wyatt Davis

Vikings signed Ricky Proehlís son. WR from East Carolina

2021 Vikings Draft:

We got Tuf Borland. Now thatís a name for a LB!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    We got Tuf Borland. Now thatís a name for a LB!
    we also got a Whop, WR

Page 56 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast