Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Opinions seem split on Mond. I didn't like it at first until I read how much Chris Simms likes him. We still need to develop him but Simms is supposed to have a good track record evaluating QBs while I have no idea what I'm talking about lol but not every draft pick needs to be about right now. If 3 years from now Mond develops into an above average QB then this pick will be a home run. With 7 picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds we had the luxury to throw a dart on this kid. Same thing with Surratt. He's not going to start this year but he has upside and if our LB core gets crushed with injuries again we won't have to start practice squad players at LB. We all saw last year how important depth is. Plus Surratt has immediate special teams value and I'm sure he'll get a chance to compete for that 3rd LB spot with Dye and Vigil.

You just can't expect a team with this many needs to fill every single one of them with a player who could provide an immediate impact. The big holes were OL/edge and we filled them with talented players. Yes we still need a WR, probably another OL, TE, DT, CB, and S but I would argue all those positions are just in need of depth and not necessarily an impact player. W3 is the one spot I'll agree needs an impact player but luckily for us there are still two top 100 players left at WR. I'm guessing that's why we didn't pick one yet. But IMO the biggest holes are basically covered.
    Well I need to watch more of Mond myself but the 2 games I ever watched weren't great. The reviews I saw have been mixed but I need to see it more for myself before I am sure. I currently don't like the pick though based on everything combined for me. If he ever turns into an above average or better QB down the road the pick could be good we agree on that though. You can say that about 4th round QB's too and right now we are more pushing all in around Kirk not building for the future. I truly hope he works out I just haven't like what I've seen and it seems against our approach up until right now.

I am not disagreeing with the general idea but it is rinse and repeat with Rick at this point doing it to me in this manner. We pushed a good amount of cap down the road and Cousins contract jumps to like 45 mil next year. We are always going to be playing more and more catch up and having holes doing this. We seemed to have been making some moves that implied we were making a harder push this season. At FA time when he used $ in a questionable way given our needs and the market it was said wait till draft. He then used our 2/3 highest picks on future value. It's again an odd mix of making a push now hurting our future while drafting for future and in the end leaving some holes so we won't really be elite (although fixing oline to this level hopefully means playoffs at least we can hope). Kinda like how we traded our 2nd this year for a player for a few games when we missed the playoffs. In the end every draft it is all opinion though we will see how this plays out.

Edit: Like if the goal is for our future then was Mond the best QB we could have gotten? I don't think so I think that would have been Fields by being aggressive (without needing a massive pay, could have done with Cowboys). If winning now is then using that high of a pick doesn't overly make sense. They must see something special in Mond or else to me it just feels like Rick normal thing when I thought he was pushing more all in. I think he is taking a shot on potential which we see in the draft but I don't understand the timing of it, especially given what I have seen of the player (do we think we can win with Kirk or not it's very mixed signals right now).
    Last edited by mngopher35; 05-01-2021 at 02:23 AM.

Anybody cover that our newest guard is HOFer Willie Davis' grandson?

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Well I need to watch more of Mond myself but the 2 games I ever watched weren't great. The reviews I saw have been mixed but I need to see it more for myself before I am sure. I currently don't like the pick though based on everything combined for me. If he ever turns into an above average or better QB down the road the pick could be good we agree on that though. You can say that about 4th round QB's too and right now we are more pushing all in around Kirk not building for the future. I truly hope he works out I just haven't like what I've seen and it seems against our approach up until right now.

I am not disagreeing with the general idea but it is rinse and repeat with Rick at this point doing it to me in this manner. We pushed a good amount of cap down the road and Cousins contract jumps to like 45 mil next year. We are always going to be playing more and more catch up and having holes doing this. We seemed to have been making some moves that implied we were making a harder push this season. At FA time when he used $ in a questionable way given our needs and the market it was said wait till draft. He then used our 2/3 highest picks on future value. It's again an odd mix of making a push now hurting our future while drafting for future and in the end leaving some holes so we won't really be elite (although fixing oline to this level hopefully means playoffs at least we can hope). Kinda like how we traded our 2nd this year for a player for a few games when we missed the playoffs. In the end every draft it is all opinion though we will see how this plays out.

Edit: Like if the goal is for our future then was Mond the best QB we could have gotten? I don't think so I think that would have been Fields by being aggressive (without needing a massive pay, could have done with Cowboys). If winning now is then using that high of a pick doesn't overly make sense. They must see something special in Mond or else to me it just feels like Rick normal thing when I thought he was pushing more all in. I think he is taking a shot on potential which we see in the draft but I don't understand the timing of it, especially given what I have seen of the player (do we think we can win with Kirk or not it's very mixed signals right now).
    100% he's not ready now. He may never be BUT pull up youtube and watch Mond's highlights next to Dark Prescott college highlights. Eerily similar size play style and mechanics.

Players I really hope we get today in any order

DT- Daviyon Nixon or Marvin Wilson- Excited for our new DT's but we lack in pass rush and depth. Even if we do sign a FA like Atkins.

WR- I don't know much about any of the WR left so just get 1 (I do have a sneaking suspicion we trade for one) Miami for Preston Williams please! They have 12 on their Roster currently after taking Waddle and signing Fuller

CB-Whoever Zimmer deems the best fit. I like Shaun Wade from OSU and Olijah Griffin USC (Maybe just because he's Warreb G's son and I want to see him and Snoop at games)

K-BPA

We need more edge rushers in the mix. Charles Snowden?

Would love to see a local prospect like Cade Johnson in purple...by rankings may not be there when we pick. Another WR that might be is Equanimeous St Brown's (GB) brother Amon-Ra (what were their parents smoking)

Corners? Robert Rochell or Shakur Brown maybe

DTs? Jaylon Moore and Bobby Brown
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    100% he's not ready now. He may never be BUT pull up youtube and watch Mond's highlights next to Dark Prescott college highlights. Eerily similar size play style and mechanics.
    Thatís the thing I actually liked Prescott more coming in but I donít see it with mond. His accuracy/consistency is off/different and I also donít think he has great vision/reads either. I watched some more videos and am getting the same feel on mond and his inconsistency.

I think we went and reached for the next tier of QBs to have someone at the position not because the prospect looks like a stud. I think there were stud QBs this draft so if the idea was get one for future we screwed up imo going for the like 8th highest rated one.

We will have to wait and see but I just donít understand this pick. I really hope I am wrong and heís a stud but the video isnít great imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would have preferred Davis Mills myself, but what do I know....

Remember, there were knocks on Mahomes coming out of A&M, too
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I would have preferred Davis Mills myself, but what do I know....

Remember, there were knocks on Mahomes coming out of A&M, too
    He went to Texas tech I think not A&M. Also the issue was not his arm in remotely the same way, he was a first round pick and was not the 8th rated qb in his draft either.

Any pick could end up alright but this one really has me questioning it based on the prospect taken/their ability. When you factor in when we used it, what had looked like the goal of the team this off-season and what other QBs were in the draft I just donít get it.

A few guys I'm interested in with our 4th rounders:

Brevin Jordan TE Miami
    Amon-Ra St. Brown WR USC
    Daviyon Nixon DT Iowa
    Hamsah Nasirildeen S Florida State
    Robert Rochell CB Central Arkansas
    Jamar Johnson S Indiana
    Elerson Smith Edge Northern Iowa
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Damn I wanted Amon-Ra. Maybe we take the other Surratt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    I remember hearing he was a stud at Wake but he didnít play last year and then ran a 4.7 at his pro day. Heís rated pretty low. Might not get drafted. Canít imagine many teams want a receiver who runs a 4.7

2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    Ya I was hoping for him too. I think we will hit wr soon whoever it is.

I expect one of our picks today to be traded for a future pick.

2021 Vikings Draft:

Really liked Elerson Smith as a developmental rusher. Lot of upside.

2021 Vikings Draft:

A rb? He better be able to return kicks

Page 52 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast