Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Have to be honest, when we came on the clock at 14, i was livid. REALLY, REALLY wanted Sewell or Slater. Figured Sewell was a long shot to begin with, but i am shocked Lions drafted him and drafted him to play RT. Seems like waste with his talent, but LIONS going to LION.

Then, i knew after Fields went to Chicago at 11 we had a legit chance at Slater, but we had to get in front of Chargers and of course we didnt. And i was pissed.

Then, when we were on the clock at 14 i resigned myself to trade down or taking AVT or Darisaw. If we traded down, i assumed it would be with WASHINGTON to get in front of NE for Mac Jones. When i saw it was all the way down to 23 i was again pissed because i knew we would miss out on AVT and Darrisaw now and figured we were stuck going DE in round 1.

Then, a magical thing happened. OAK really screwed up and passed on Darisaw for Leatherwood, our gift. Just amazing.

The value of Darisaw at 23 is incredible. I read the earlier messages about luck and what not, and yes, there is a great deal of uncertainty and luck that goes into the draft and the players you get every year. Look no further than last year with JJ falling in our lap (thanks philly). You think philly learned their lesson? Trading up with division rival this year to get a top wr!!

At the end of the day yesterday i had the vikings regular season football game emotions. Very excited at kickoff, nervous as the game rolls along, then pissed off, then excited again, then angry, then relieved.

Darisaw film is great, his grades and stats are amazing and he will be a real asset. Would i have preferred, Slater, Sure. But the value here is really good, and the fact we got him and the ammo to make noise today is really, really important.

Now, we still have time to mess this up, but TODAY's selections and movement on the trade front will be so crucial to solidifying the value of the move made last night.

All in all, i was happy with the way the first round shock out for us.

Lastly, I saw Darren Wolfson tweeting the Vikings were going after Fields. Listen, i know that guy is well respected, and he gets good nuggets of info. But truthfully, if you read his tweets this year so far, he really hasnt gotten a lot right about the vikes in my opinion. Especially with the FA news. Sure, he can cover his tracks and say, it takes two to tango, or can't always sign everybody you are linked to, but the guy has been wrong on his news way more than he has been correct.

Sure, the Vikings were interested in Fields, but obviously NOT that interested. If they REALLLLLY wanted Fields, they had the perfect opportunity to do it with DEN (paton) or DAL and they didnt. If FIELDS was really going to be our guy, Rick had ammo to get up there and get him.

So to me, Doogie is trying to make a way bigger deal out of this then he should, and i am just annoyed with how little correct information he has reported this entire offseason. Not happy with him.

Fields will be good, yes. But if we completely address OL this season, i think Cousins will flourish. I know we are all still mixed on him, and his inability to move around and create sucks, but his arm talent and decision making is pretty damn good. With another OL (guard), an addition to WR group, and a healthy offense, we should be really, really good.

My emotional roller coaster is over. Hoping for 2-3 starters out of today's pick as well.

Canít lie i was a little pissed that we didnít trade up for Slater, but after watching some tape and reading some player evaluations i love the Darrisaw pick. We got great value at 23 for a player that can be one of the best LT in this draft. And we also added some ammo to trade up in the 2nd round. This kid got better and better throughout his college career and had an insane senior season where he didnít give up any sacks or QB hits and only 6 pressures. His senior season was the second highest PFF score for an OT ever. You canít not like this pick, we got exactly what we needed.

So there are still a ton of good OL prospects left. Kinda makes me even more disappointed we didn't get Phillips but there are still a couple solid edge guys left. I really want Basham.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Canít lie i was a little pissed that we didnít trade up for Slater, but after watching some tape and reading some player evaluations i love the Darrisaw pick. We got great value at 23 for a player that can be one of the best LT in this draft. And we also added some ammo to trade up in the 2nd round. This kid got better and better throughout his college career and had an insane senior season where he didnít give up any sacks or QB hits and only 6 pressures. His senior season was the second highest PFF score for an OT ever. You canít not like this pick, we got exactly what we needed.
    I kept saying we were going to trade with Dallas or Giants for Slater but the deals they got were more than I would have been happy with the giving up.

To get him at 10 they would have beaten the Eagles offer from #12 which would have been 270 draft value points which is the last pick in round 2. So we were giving a future 2nd or multiple 3rds to move up 4 spots. The Giants would have been the ideal trade but the Bears gave them an additional 1st, 4th, and 5th. We weren't going to beat that offer.

I don't think Denver would have given up drafting Surtain so that trade would have been hella expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    So there are still a ton of good OL prospects left. Kinda makes me even more disappointed we didn't get Phillips but there are still a couple solid edge guys left. I really want Basham.
    Why Boogie over Azeez Ojulari? I respect your takes, so Iím curious as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    I don't know his take, but as I look at it a reason would be simply that it would take more draft capital to get up to where Ojulari likely goes...more than we likely want to spend (like 3 3rds+) vs 2 3rds and a 4th and keeping #66
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I may be in the minority but if we don't trade in the 2nd and keep our 3rds, I'm completely OK with that. Which QB prospect would you guys want? I see people wanting Mond or Mills.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Sharp View Post
    Like sitewolf said, I don't think we'll be able to get high enough to get him but I'm also not sure if he can play DE in a 4-3. He's only 6'2 249 so he's undersized but he does have very long arms. If he falls I would be happy taking him. Dane Brugler has him as his #1 edge rusher.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

total aside from OUR draft, but just watched this gal on NFL Network in NY talking about how someone with the Jets "referred to the player as AVT, which I really like, but I'll have to find out from the player what he thinks about it"

umm, he's been called AVT a lot for years now

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    I may be in the minority but if we don't trade in the 2nd and keep our 3rds, I'm completely OK with that. Which QB prospect would you guys want? I see people wanting Mond or Mills.
    well, Jamie Newman and Sam Ehlinger would be interesting guys to add...haven't really paid attention to where they'd go, probably at best late tonight

A few guys left on the board that I like:

G:
    Creed Humphrey
    Landon Dickerson
    Quinn Meinerz
    Dillon Radunz
    Wyatt Davis
    Kendrick Green

Edge:
    Azeez Ojulari
    Carlos Basham
    Dayo Odeyingbo
    Elerson Smith

DT:
    Levi Onwuzurike
    Milton Williams
    Daviyon Nixon

WR:
    Dyami Brown
    Rondale Moore
    Terrace Marshall
    Amari Rodgers
    Tutu Atwell

A couple of these guys should be available at 66 and 78. Milton Williams is very intriguing as an inside pass rusher. Brugler says he can play inside and outside. As a DT his athletic testing is pretty much all in the 99th percentile.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/milton-williams

Rondale Moore is probably the riskiest WR but his upside is Percy Harvin. The more I look at who is left I wouldn't even be too upset if Rick didn't trade up into the 2nd.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well, Jamie Newman and Sam Ehlinger would be interesting guys to add...haven't really paid attention to where they'd go, probably at best late tonight
    Since you're a U of O alum I'm sure you're like me and would cream your pants if we somehow got Jevon Holland.

Dane Brugler posted his day 2 mock:

66. Minnesota Vikings Ė Joseph Ossai, edge, Texas
    78. Minnesota Vikings Ė Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
    86. Minnesota Vikings Ė Divine Deablo, DS, Virginia Tech
    90. Minnesota Vikings Ė Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas

Personally, I would like to see something like this instead:

66: Milton Williams DT/DE
    78: Amari Rodgers WR
    86: Kendrick Green G
    90: Andre Cisco S

or

66: Wyatt Davis G
    78: Elerson Smith DE
    86: Daviyon Nixon DT
    90: Tutu Atwell WR
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 04-30-2021 at 12:26 PM.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by Vikes_Fan04 View Post
    Since you're a U of O alum I'm sure you're like me and would cream your pants if we somehow got Jevon Holland.
    I think he'll be good, yes....but another guy likely out of our logical reach and going early tonight.
    Penei, however, is the Duck I really wished we could have gotten and it makes me sad to see him head towards obscurity in Detroit. And the thought that his brother may end up being an even better prospect is mind-boggling.

If we can get edge/g/wr today I will be pretty happy. I think if we keep 4 then secondary maybe as other one. I donít really know about guys left or what positions are strong (I think people said oline was so we should double dip).

I wonder if we can sign turner as well thinking whoís left in fa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast