Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What’s this race for Giannis everyone is talking about? He’s going to the Raptors.
    The Tampa Bay Raptors?
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

There was literally 0 benefit to the heat to do this... you could have given him the same deal next year and not hindered yourself.... dumb move and a bad off season for the heat who had everything go right for them... dont give me the we take care of our own crap because its a business... if bam gets injured he isnt giving back that money

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    The Tampa Bay Raptors?
    if he goes anywhere it would be the sixers on a sign and trade... bucks get simmons and giannis plays with his buddy joel and shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by vee-rex View Post
    the tampa bay raptors?
    lol

We the south!

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    There was literally 0 benefit to the heat to do this... you could have given him the same deal next year and not hindered yourself.... dumb move and a bad off season for the heat who had everything go right for them... dont give me the we take care of our own crap because its a business... if bam gets injured he isnt giving back that money
    Yeah, I never understand early extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Yeah, I never understand early extensions.
    i just hate the BS.. a player is selfish and so should a franchise... bam is a great dude who isnt worth anywhere near this and should have been given 1 more year to prove he is while keeping the door open for a max free agent.... Now if you guys go after a max guy you have to get rid of everyone... literally everyone except butler/bam.

This tells me the front office never wanted to go for free agency and wants to build this team with their core which is fine but their reasoning is money.... I doubt they go over the luxury tax next season.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i just hate the BS.. a player is selfish and so should a franchise... bam is a great dude who isnt worth anywhere near this and should have been given 1 more year to prove he is while keeping the door open for a max free agent.... Now if you guys go after a max guy you have to get rid of everyone... literally everyone except butler/bam.

This tells me the front office never wanted to go for free agency and wants to build this team with their core which is fine but their reasoning is money.... I doubt they go over the luxury tax next season.
    I'm not sure I agree that Bam isn't a max player, but I agree with everything else.

In the logical sense when idiotic teams pay Hayward $30M, Bam is guaranteed to get paid by someone else. Bam is truly the ideal modern day Center with the exception of having outside shooting. Every single team wishes their Center had the speed and defensive IQ that he does on the perimeter.

But by default I'm against extensions following the 3rd year unless the player is signing for under the max. I literally just ranted about this when I saw Fox's extension.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I'm not sure I agree that Bam isn't a max player, but I agree with everything else.

In the logical sense when idiotic teams pay Hayward $30M, Bam is guaranteed to get paid by someone else. Bam is truly the ideal modern day Center with the exception of having outside shooting. Every single team wishes their Center had the speed and defensive IQ that he does on the perimeter.

But by default I'm against extensions following the 3rd year unless the player is signing for under the max. I literally just ranted about this when I saw Fox's extension.
    its not that he isnt a max player considering what guys like hayward got and fox got and what tobias harris and horford are getting of course he is a max player because the nba is stupid lol. Its just the heat had another year to figure out if he is a max player worth having... i think that is a better way of putting it... Maybe he explodes this year and progresses further and shows he is easily a top 3 guy at his position but if he does the thing is you still pay him the same lol..... this was 0 reward with all the risk move and to me its all because of the luxury tax... meaning the heat knew they need to pay him/herro etc and know bringing in a giannis/KL etc they would need to go way over to do that.... they werent gonna.

This was the right move by the Heat. No point in sowing the seed of discord with their best player a year before he hits FA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    lol

We the south!
    Nah man.

We ARRRRRRRRR the south!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12