Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carlos Correa ?

Carlos Correa ?

The Astros are “floating” Carlos Correa’s name in trade talks with other teams, The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal reports (subscription required). This isn’t the first time that Correa has been mentioned as a possible trade candidate, though last year, then-general manager Jeff Luhnow shot down the possibility.

The root cause of Houston’s openness to a Correa trade remains the same — the team considers it “unlikely” that the shortstop will sign an extension before he hits free agency. Correa is now only one season away from hitting the open market, as he is slated to be part of an elite group of shortstops headlining the 2021-22 free agent class.

Same deal as Lindor, one year of control and hope to extend. Not on same level as Lindor imo, but not far behind. A solid glove and good bat.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Hard pass.
    correa has all the talent in the world great defensively great bat and is a clutch player in the playoffs something 99% of the yanks players are lacking.. but he has his own issues..

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Pass.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Douche

Ignorance is bliss

He's had some issues, primarily foot in mouth disease. His talent is above reproach.

Funny some would welcome Bauer but not Correa.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    He's had some issues, primarily foot in mouth disease. His talent is above reproach.

Would you take him?

One cheated the game and has a big mouth.

The other one has a big mouth.

Really not a fair comparison

You don't like cheaters. So, I could not imagine you be accepting of him.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Would you take him?

One cheated the game and has a big mouth.

The other one has a big mouth.

Really not a fair comparison

You don't like cheaters. So, I could not imagine you be accepting of him.

Fair point. Did A Rod cheat the game? Did Clemens? Andy? I view the sign stealing a little differently. What I didn't appreciate was his defense after the fact. It sucks I agree, more so since it was a factor in Yankees losing.

Correa may have as good a bat as Lindor and is a quality glove. He may not require as much in a trade. Just throwing it out for discussion.

I would consider a trade. If he came cheap enough and they are leaning in that direction, why give up the farm for Lindor when Correa is only a notch below and a year younger? And I love Lindor!

Lindor being a SH and adding that to our lineup puts him way over the top of Correa for me. I'd prefer Lindor, Seager and probably Story over Correa of the SS expected to be available between this yr and next

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Lindor being a SH and adding that to our lineup puts him way over the top of Correa for me. I'd prefer Lindor, Seager and probably Story over Correa of the SS expected to be available between this yr and next
    Story for certain he might be a bit better than Lindor. Baez is in my list as well. Seager?

I was looking at it purely in terms of cost. Heck, I want Torres to succeed!

The 2021-22 crop of free agent shortstops might be the single best collection of players we’ve ever seen at one position in one free-agent class. Extensions, injuries and downturns could thin out this group — but unexpected one-year deals this winter could also theoretically deepen it. As things stand, here’s an early look at a legitimately jaw-dropping crop of shortstop talent that will hit the market upon conclusion of the 2021 season (age for the 2022 season included in parentheses)…

Francisco Lindor (28): Lindor turned down an extension offer reported to be worth more than $100MM a few years ago, and the move looks wise. He’s already topped $28MM in arbitration salaries and could plausibly command $300MM+ on a free-agent deal.

Javier Baez (29): Baez has been in extension talks with the Cubs, but their ownership has been reluctant to spend money in recent winters. Baez was an All-Star in 2018-19, finished second in ’18 MVP voting and is one of MLB’s most well-rounded infielders.

Carlos Correa (27): Correa hasn’t topped 110 games since 2016, but the former AL Rookie of the Year has been 29 percent better than the league-average hitter in his career, per wRC+. The average shortstop hasn’t topped 100 during his time in the Majors.

Trevor Story (29): No shortstop has more than Story’s 123 home runs since the time of his MLB debut in 2016 (despite missing about two months of that season due to injury). He’ll have to overcome the standard Coors Field stigma, but he’s hit for power on the road as well and grades out very well at shortstop (career +40 DRS).

Corey Seager (28): The 2016 NL Rookie of the Year returned from 2018 Tommy John surgery to swat 19 homers and an NL-leading 44 doubles in just 139 games in 2019. With so much star power around him in L.A., Seager has in some ways become underrated. MLBTR

Fair point. Did A Rod cheat the game? Did Clemens? Andy? I view the sign stealing a little differently. What I didn't appreciate was his defense after the fact. It sucks I agree, more so since it was a factor in Yankees losing.

Correa may have as good a bat as Lindor and is a quality glove. He may not require as much in a trade. Just throwing it out for discussion.

I would consider a trade. If he came cheap enough and they are leaning in that direction, why give up the farm for Lindor when Correa is only a notch below and a year younger? And I love Lindor!
    a healthy correa is a much better bat then lindor and has much better upside at the plate.. but he has to put it together he should be better then what he has showed year in year out.. also correa is super clutch in the post season..

Correa is a big mouth, cheating *******. He'll end up in Boston with the rest of his kind. It's a natural fit.

I don't know. I feel like they way they operate is very different. Bauer has always had a big mouth and been un apologetic. Correa is like teenager who stands over a guy his best friend just KO'd because Correa started the fight and talks shite and gives the guy a couple kicks.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    a healthy correa is a much better bat then lindor and has much better upside at the plate.. but he has to put it together he should be better then what he has showed year in year out.. also correa is super clutch in the post season..
    Please show evidence that Correa is a "much better" hitter.

They are almost exactly the same in every aspect. Lindor is a better base stealer.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast