Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: Carlos Correa ?

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,828
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Fair point. Did A Rod cheat the game? Did Clemens? Andy? I view the sign stealing a little differently. What I didn't appreciate was his defense after the fact. It sucks I agree, more so since it was a factor in Yankees losing.

    Correa may have as good a bat as Lindor and is a quality glove. He may not require as much in a trade. Just throwing it out for discussion.

    I would consider a trade. If he came cheap enough and they are leaning in that direction, why give up the farm for Lindor when Correa is only a notch below and a year younger? And I love Lindor!
    Good argument and we all know if they got him, he would be loved within a quarter of a season if he performed. Correa has the goods and seems like a guy who could thrive in NYC.
    I know some disagree but I still place value on a lefty bat in the lineup. So if Lindor is cost prohibitive, I would rather bring back Didi and hope Peraza is ready for 2022



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Good argument and we all know if they got him, he would be loved within a quarter of a season if he performed. Correa has the goods and seems like a guy who could thrive in NYC.
    I know some disagree but I still place value on a lefty bat in the lineup. So if Lindor is cost prohibitive, I would rather bring back Didi and hope Peraza is ready for 2022
    I agree.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,828
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree.
    I have read that 2022 is not unrealistic for Peraza. Maybe that was overly hopeful? What is your take on him?



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Douche

    Could you be more specific? That could apply to quite a few here.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have read that 2022 is not unrealistic for Peraza. Maybe that was overly hopeful? What is your take on him?
    He's very young, only 20. Peraza turned 20 on June 15, and July 2 will mark the fourth anniversary of the Venezuelan shortstop’s signing by the Yankees as an international free agent.

    “He’s legit,’’ said Patrick Teale, who covers the Yankees minor league system at PintripesPlus.com. “I don’t know if he’s going to be a superstar, but he’s a bonafide big leaguer and he’s going to play for a long time.’’

    At this point in their development, Teale views Peraza as a faster, better defensive version of Xander Bogaerts, though not with the same power. "Defensively, he’s been one of their best bets at the lower levels for some time. And he’s going to hit,’’ said Teale, adding that Peraza’s plus-makeup is reminiscent of a young Derek Jeter from the mental side of the game.

    Just for age-comparison sake, Bogaerts made it to the big leagues by age 20 with the Red Sox and became an All-Star at age 23.

    In fellow Venezuelan Gleyber Torres, the Yankees have an established All-Star infielder at age 23 – a player with a chance to be truly special at Yankee Stadium for years to come.

    https://www.northjersey.com/story/sp...za/3176691001/

    Hard to say if he'll be ready by 2022. I'll leave that speculation to the prospect guru's.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Please show evidence that Correa is a "much better" hitter.

    They are almost exactly the same in every aspect. Lindor is a better base stealer.
    i would take correa 10 out of 10 times over lindor ...correa has more ability and much more power..far more clutch then lindor for some reason either through injuries correa has many of them.. and has not so far had the career he should have but he is still very young...lindor has had 900 more at bats then correa with only 30 more home runs.. correa talent wise has arod ability...

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,828
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i would take correa 10 out of 10 times over lindor ...correa has more ability and much more power..far more clutch then lindor for some reason either through injuries correa has many of them.. and has not so far had the career he should have but he is still very young...lindor has had 900 more at bats then correa with only 30 more home runs.. correa talent wise has arod ability...
    Please provide evidence. Do you know the word? Evidence. Proof. Substantial and reliable information that displays your point.
    And your point was a Correa is a "much better" bat"

    Your opinion is not fact nor is it evidence. Please provide statistical evidence to back up your statement that Correa is a "much better" bat"


    Arod like talent? Please provide evidence that that is the case. Correa is nowhere near Arod talent.
    Nowhere near. That is an asinine comment. ARod's numbers from 20-26 decimate Correa's in every aspect.

    That idea that Correa has Arod type talent shows exactly your ignorance and lack of any respectable baseball knowledge.

    That is possibly, the stupidest comment I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 11-25-2020 at 03:05 PM.



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,473
    Another reason I'd pass on Correa, he's only played more than 110 games once in his career. We don't want to add another talented injury prone player.

    Lindor has averaged 150 games a yr, is a SH which we desperately need in that lineup and is a better defender. I take Lindor over Correa everytime. Just that he stays healthy where Correa hasn't is huge. If we're going to spend big on a SS it should be Lindor IMO

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Please provide evidence. Do you know the word? Evidence. Proof. Substantial and reliable information that displays your point.
    And your point was a Correa is a "much better" bat"

    Your opinion is not fact nor is it evidence. Please provide statistical evidence to back up your statement that Correa is a "much better" bat"


    Arod like talent? Please provide evidence that that is the case. Correa is nowhere near Arod talent.
    Nowhere near. That is an asinine comment. ARod's numbers from 20-26 decimate Correa's in every aspect.

    That idea that Correa has Arod type talent shows exactly your ignorance and lack of any respectable baseball knowledge.

    That is possibly, the stupidest comment I have ever seen.
    It's very close. I recall a comment not too long ago that referenced watching games. IDK it's a close call.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,828
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Another reason I'd pass on Correa, he's only played more than 110 games once in his career. We don't want to add another talented injury prone player.

    Lindor has averaged 150 games a yr, is a SH which we desperately need in that lineup and is a better defender. I take Lindor over Correa everytime. Just that he stays healthy where Correa hasn't is huge. If we're going to spend big on a SS it should be Lindor IMO
    Yeah but Correa has a much better bat and Arod like talent.
    Even better? There's proof. I'm just waiting for it.











    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Another reason I'd pass on Correa, he's only played more than 110 games once in his career. We don't want to add another talented injury prone player.

    Lindor has averaged 150 games a yr, is a SH which we desperately need in that lineup and is a better defender. I take Lindor over Correa everytime. Just that he stays healthy where Correa hasn't is huge. If we're going to spend big on a SS it should be Lindor IMO
    Point taken. To be clear I am not advocating for Correa. Lindor has always been my first choice. However if he prices himself out of Yankees comfort zone there are alternatives. ( Baez, Story et al) I still would like to believe Torres can handle the position given enough time, patience and practice. Seems the FO feels differently.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    It's very close. I recall a comment not too long ago that referenced watching games. IDK it's a close call.
    Correction: .....referenced NOT watching games and reading the box scores....
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have read that 2022 is not unrealistic for Peraza. Maybe that was overly hopeful? What is your take on him?
    Klown, the one thing that makes getting a ETA read on such a young prospects like Peraza so difficult right now is that we have no clue what they did last yr. How much were they able to train, face live pitching and in the cases of the younger specs, grow, add muscle or fill out? He wasn't on the 60 man last yr so he wasn't working consistently with the Yanks. There is just so much that can change for a player at his age. Thats why losing all last yrs development time with the team was such a loss, especially for a team like the Yanks whose majority of premium talent is either pitching or players at A ball or below. Had Peraza had a full yr to develop last yr its not unrealistic to think we could have seen him sometime in 21.

    Peraza hasn't played above A ball and as we've seen so many times in the past, AA is when you really figure out if you have a special player on your hands or not. Florial looked like a future AS until he had to face AA pitching and couldn't hit the better breaking balls. A couple things that do play in Peraza's favor are he already makes alot of contact, has above average pitch recognition and incredibly quick hands. While he hasn't shown much power yet, he has shown exit velos of 110 MPH plus which should translate into more in game power as he fills out.

    If Peraza was able to continue his development at about the pace he was on in 19 i could absolutely see him possibly being ready in 2022.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,473
    Can't forget Sanchez pulling the ball to RF, then defending it for 2 days ...😆 🤣

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,686
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Can't forget Sanchez pulling the ball to RF, then defending it for 2 days ...😆 🤣
    How could I forget that one!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •