5 26.32%
  • C

2 10.53%
  • D

1 5.26%
  • F

1 5.26%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Lonzo would be a great get, i'd give up a DAL 1st for him and a maybe two of our second rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Lonzo would be a great get, i'd give up a DAL 1st for him and a maybe two of our second rounders.
    Doesn't fit well with RJ and would net us too many wins. Would rather just suck and get a better prospect on a cheap deal in the upcoming draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    Doesn't fit well with RJ and would net us too many wins. Would rather just suck and get a better prospect on a cheap deal in the upcoming draft.
    Why doesnít he fit? He doesnít dominate the ball. Passes well, defends, not a bad 3pt shooter. He kind of fits with anyone

At this point, I wouldnít go for him, might as well continue with this mess for one more year. But I donít see fit as an issue
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-28-2020 at 11:20 AM.

he fits, his shooting has come a long way. he's not an ISO guy. can defend multiple positions and run the break.

so we signed Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, how is he only 27? thought he was 30's by now. Some of these guys have to be deadline bait.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Why doesnít he fit? He doesnít dominate the ball. Passes well, defends, not a bad 3pt shooter. He kind of fits with anyone

At this point, I wouldnít go for him, might as well continue with this mess for one more year. But I donít see fit as an issue
    Heh, he actually shot pretty well from 3 on decent volume last year you're right. Still, I think if RJ is going to be worthy of his pick status, he'll need to become a lead guard/forward which makes Lonzo a little redundant given what it would take to get him (cap space, worse pick.)

Heh, he actually shot pretty well from 3 on decent volume last year you're right. Still, I think if RJ is going to be worthy of his pick status, he'll need to become a lead guard/forward which makes Lonzo a little redundant given what it would take to get him (cap space, worse pick.)
    Personally, I donít think RJ has to be that guy to be considered as ďpanning outĒ. I donít ever see him being that kind of player. But I think Lonzo is the kind of guy that fits well next to non PG guys that like the ball in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he fits, his shooting has come a long way. he's not an ISO guy. can defend multiple positions and run the break.

so we signed Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, how is he only 27? thought he was 30's by now. Some of these guys have to be deadline bait.
    Just saw this. I would be happy to have him for depth at both forward spots if we didn't have Randle. Tbh I'm getting a little worried with all these vet signings taking minutes from RJ and Obi. How bout you guys?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Personally, I donít think RJ has to be that guy to be considered as ďpanning outĒ. I donít ever see him being that kind of player. But I think Lonzo is the kind of guy that fits well next to non PG guys that like the ball in their hands.
    Given that Zion will probably be the nba goat if he stays healthy and Morant looks like a budding superstar, RJ having a Michael Redd type career isn't gonna cut it for me.

I could easily see Austin Rivers for example playing +25mpg for us. If MKG gets 15-20mpg because of his defense that's almost all coming from Obi.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Given that Zion will probably be the nba goat if he stays healthy and Morant looks like a budding superstar, RJ having a Michael Redd type career isn't gonna cut it for me.
    Thatís fair. But did anyone really think RJ was as good as those guys? IMO any of that ďRJ is the best in the draftĒ talk was laughable. But if heís an above average starter, all-around player, heís at least valuable

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I could easily see Austin Rivers for example playing +25mpg for us. If MKG gets 15-20mpg because of his defense that's almost all coming from Obi.
    I seriously hope Rivers is not getting over 25 minutes. That makes his signing even worse. Heís the definition of meh. And has anyone seen him play, thatís penciling him in as a starter at PG?

Looking at their cap, they can easily afford him if they want to
    They just traded for Steven Adams and gave him a two year extension, maxed out Ingram and traded for Bledsoe. Those three players alone take up more than half of the available cap space.

Iím not saying that they canít afford it, but it would make things difficult in terms of continuing to build for at least the next two years. The Kings were in the same situation and let Bogdanovic walk. Like the Kings situation, there have already been rumors about this possibly being the case as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    If they were convinced he was the guy I don't think they go after Kira. Trading Holiday was easy decision for that kind of haul.

If they loved Lonzo so much where is the extension?

I don't for a second see how you can compare him to bogs, teams want bogs, and made it known, I don't see anything about Lonzo.
    Typically only max players get an early extension. To my point above, I think Kira is insurance in case they donít bring Lonzo back just like Haliburton with Bogdanovic.

He fits fine with RJ. Can get him the ball in his spot and he can stretch the floor...
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    No. Mkg will probably not make the team
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Thatís basically the role he played next to Jrue Holiday last year. Heís a perfect fit.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast