• C

2 10.53%
  • D

1 5.26%
  • F

1 5.26%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Drafting Obi Toppin (#8 pick) -

Everyone knows he was older than most and played a joke of a conference. He will probably score in the NBA. But can he defend the perimeter? and can he space the floor? 80% of his shots in college were 2's and in the paint, he could end up crowding the paint further. We passed on quite a few PG's to take Obi. - C

Drafting Immanuel Quickley (late 1st round pick) -

Good shooter, only 6'3 but has wingspan of a much bigger SG/SF so size isn't that much of a concern. Not a PG though again, and again we passed on PG's like Terry, Flynn, Nico, Pritchard, & Theo. Still at least he fills a need with his defense and shooting at the guard spot. - B

Signing Alec Burks (1yr/$6M) - - solid signing, good shooter, relatively young. But Dotson signed for $2m and is a very similar player, except 3 years younger. Why not keep Dot instead and at least have more chemistry? - B

Signing Nerlens Noel (1yr/$5M) - Solid signing, again a 1 year deal though. But a good backup at C who can actually step out and guard the perimeter. On paper, I never understood why Noel wasn't better, he has the tools to be really good. Mitch better step up b/c I could see Noel getting the bulk of the minutes. - A-

Signing Elfrid Payton (1yr/$5M)- We all know how I feel about this... - F-

Signing Austin Rivers (3yr/$10M, only 1 guaranteed) - Made more sense without Payton here. More overlapping skills. Great contract though and I suspect he could become trade bait at the deadline and net us another pick. - A-

Acquiring 2nd round picks in future drafts - Turning 5m cap space into 3 second rounders and Spellman was impressive.A

Not going ALL IN for Hayward - not worth what he got. 3/75m ish made sense. but glad we bowed out, he really wanted to be in IND anyway. The allure of NYC and the mecca is gone - B

Not going ALL IN for FVV - Fine with me, he wanted to stay in TOR and got a lot more than I thought he would. He wouldn't have moved the needle for us much and we would have been buying high. Again, couldn't even get a meeting though. - B

Favorite Move - $5m in cap turning into 3 picks.
    Least Favorite Move - Payton

Overall Offseason Grade - More of the same, 1 year deals and guys with no long term future here who might get us a few more wins and hurt our young guys and draft pick. - D

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    You're gullible and haven't learned a thing if you think we're ending up with Cade. And who exactly are the free agents we are going to sign next offseason after another 20 win season?
    Itís not only cade. FAs arenít the only way to get good.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    You're gullible and haven't learned a thing if you think we're ending up with Cade. And who exactly are the free agents we are going to sign next offseason after another 20 win season?
    Lol next years draft is deep it's not cade or bust bro I'm not even worried about signing free agents we could always make trades after we secure a top 5 pick

*whispers* Allonzo Trier still hasn't been signed yet.

A lot of people thought letting him go would come back to bite us. And it's also incredible to look back and consider that Fizdale thought it was a good idea to start Trier at PG on opening night.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    *whispers* Allonzo Trier still hasn't been signed yet.

A lot of people thought letting him go would come back to bite us. And it's also incredible to look back and consider that Fizdale thought it was a good idea to start Trier at PG on opening night.
    trier is nice we should bring him back

Drafting Obi Toppin (#8 pick): B+

Mature, capable scorer w/size and explosiveness. Can shoot and will get better at it over time. Will he develop his defensive game? Under Thibs that seems possible. Reminds me of Carlos Boozer.

Drafting Immanuel Quickley (late 1st round pick): B-

Combo guard who can shoot. Has potential to learn / adapt to the point over time. Will likely only need to do so from the bench on a 2nd team lineup.

Signing Alec Burks (1yr/$6M): C

One year deal for shooting and to preserve cap space.

Signing Nerlens Noel (1yr/$5M):B+

Good defensive back up and perhaps the 1 deal allows him to prove himself. But it still is only a 1 year deal. Will he sign again next year? Should he? Time will tell.

Signing Elfrid Payton (1yr/$5M): B-

Competent veteran PG who knows the Knicks team, but won't be spectacular. Perhaps the fact that it is a 1 yr deal and not too expensive is what makes this a decent move?

Signing Austin Rivers (3yr/$10M, only 1 guaranteed): B

Cheap and w/only one year guaranteed. Solid shooting veteran presence.

Acquiring 2nd round picks in future drafts: B

Tradable assets are always useful. Picks help sweeten deals as much as they can be used for deepening the squad.

Not going ALL IN for Hayward - A+
    Too expensive, too injured and not good enough to build a team around or attract big names.

Not going ALL IN for FVV - C-
    He would have been the first solid PG we had in a long time.

---

Overall Offseason Grade: B

Continuing down the path of stockpiling youth and keeping cap room for big FA signings down the line.
    Last edited by oballers; 11-25-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    Couple things. Rivers and Payton wonít both start and LOL 10 wins? 10 and 62. 0% chance they only win 10. Well win like 20+
    We'll see. I'm going process of elimination.
    1. Thibs doesn't seem to care for Dennis Smith Jr or Frank Ntilkina, both UFA at the end of the season.
    2. Bullock was terrible in Detroit. Terrible last year.
    3. Quickley will be in the G-League to start.

As for the 10 wins, well remember the Knicks had Morris who can be held accountable for at least 10 wins. Coach Mike Miller played the vets...something the Knicks let go of (mostly).

It's going to be a rough season playing guys who have been neglected for the last 2 years. Keep in mind, this was a very short off-season so they haven't grasped playing with one another.

Drafting Obi Toppin (#8 pick): Grade - A The Best Player available at 8 was Obi. Deni Advija was a higher risk player and one of only 2 other players worth considering other than Cole Anthony. If Obi is the guy you considered trading up for and got at #8 then thats a possible home run. Obi's ceiling is Super Star and he is easily worth the risk.

Drafting Immanuel Quickley (late 1st round pick): B- possibly could have been had in the 2nd round. Quickley is possibly the best shooter in this draft and if you believe he is your guy why risk losing him for another project player late in the 1st??

Signing Alec Burks (1yr/$6M): C- doesn't move the needle.

Signing Nerlens Noel (1yr/$5M) - C Talented under achiever getting a 2nd chance. No team option for year 2 or 3 so gets a C minus.

Signing Elfrid Payton (1yr/$5M): F Taking minutes from younger more talented players.

Signing Austin Rivers (3yr/$10M, only 1 guaranteed): B+ Possibly the best guard on the team not named RJB.

Acquiring 2nd round picks in future drafts - A Keep giving the team ore trade assets or chances at finding a Gem late in the draft.

Not going ALL IN for Hayward - A
    Why over pay for an older often injured player?

Not going ALL IN for FVV - C
    Would've been a good point guard to get Obi the ball. They should have made it hard for FVV to say no.

Favorite Move: Easily Obi Toppin.
    Kid has Super Star potential and I already consider him a Core piece along with RJB, Mitch and Knox.
    Dudes gonna be a Beast on the offensive side of the ball where the Knicks are 1 of the worst teams in the league.

Least Favorite Move - Resigning Elfrid Payton. Taking precious development minutes from more talented players is exactly why the Knicks still suck.

Overall Offseason Grade: B- If they would have signed FVV to get Obi and RJB the ball then I'd have given them an A.

Drafting Obi Toppin (#8 pick) - "A" = On a bad team you don't draft for fit you draft for talent. He was the college player of the year and looks like he can be a dynamic offensive player in the NBA.

Drafting Immanuel Quickley (late 1st round pick) - "A" = He projects as a 3 and D player with a great motor. That's exactly what we need.

Signing Alec Burks (1yr/$6M) - "C+" = A shooter to rotate at the wing spots and keep defenses honest.

Signing Nerlens Noel (1yr/$5M) - "C" = a backup center who can guards Obi in practice and make him work.

Signing Elfrid Payton (1yr/$5M) - "C" = I want to give it an "F" but the reality is if FRANK and DSjr stink (like they did last year) then we would have been scrambling to find a competent PG just to survive. If FRANK or DSjr actually improve and breakout then they really shouldn't have any issues just taking Payton's minutes. To me it really is that simple. If our upside PGs tank, he is there as a safety net. If one of them breaks out, he will be a 15mpg backup.

Signing Austin Rivers (3yr/$10M, only 1 guaranteed) - "D" = He will steal minutes from RJ. We don't him need him and Alec Burks and I like Burks better.

Acquiring 2nd round picks in future drafts - "A" no downside here. We might find a gem and if not we can definitely package them for minor pick upgrades or players.

Not going ALL IN for Hayward - "A" = He wasn't going to lead us anywhere, help us bring in another star, and would have destroyed our cap space.

Not going ALL IN for FVV - "B" = Similar to Hayward but he would have helped RJ and Obi Toppin so for that reason alone missing out on him hurts more.

Favorite Move - Not blowing our cap space
    Least Favorite Move - Signing Rivers

Overall Offseason Grade - B+

We have a young roster, lots of draft picks, and a ton of cap flexibility. That's a team I can enjoy even if they struggle on the court.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Drafting Obi Toppin (#8 pick): A+

Knicks got a Top 5 talent in this draft at #8. Great pick for so many reasons.

Drafting Immanuel Quickley (late 1st round pick): A-

Extremely underrated player with a ton of talent who can help us on both ends. A+ for the player, A- overall only because he might have been available at 33. But I have no problems with getting your guy.

Signing Alec Burks (1yr/$6M): A+

For only 1 year, this is a steal of a contract for a pretty solid shooter, scorer, and playmaker.

Signing Nerlens Noel (1yr/$5M): A+

Another steal of a contract for basically another Mitch. Plenty of dunks and rim protection for 48 minutes.

Signing Elfrid Payton (1yr/$5M): F

Payton is a waste of money. Period. There is absolutely no reason to have him on the roster.

Signing Austin Rivers (3yr/$10M, only 1 guaranteed): C+

Contract is good value, but Rivers isnít very good.

Acquiring 2nd round picks in future drafts: A+

Considering the year these picks are being accumulated in, Iím not sure how this grade could be lower. These picks will have value.

Not going ALL IN for Hayward: A+

We werenít in position to sign Hayward to that kind of money. I think heís a very good player, but he got a lot of money.

Not going ALL IN for FVV: D

Personally, I had no problems with giving FVV the max. He would have finally stabilized the PG position with shooting, defense, leadership, and playmaking. Heís not a perfect player by any means, but he was attainable if we offered him that contract. The reality is that big names wonít come here unless weíre respectable. Odds are high that we strikeout again next year regardless of how much space we have.

Favorite Move Drafting Toppin
    Least Favorite Move Signing Payton

Overall Offseason Grade C+

We have more questions than answers after this offseason. Not trading Randle and re-signing Payton really dings this grade for me. I know we are positioning ourselves for next year and the future, but those guys do absolutely nothing for us.

Draft A+
    FA D I feel like they're setting themselves up for another disappointment next FA and Berman also mentioned that they were offering Hayward same amount as Indiana which I felt was stupid to make that offer because your not his first choice so if your not going to overpay then why even make a offer.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Gee I dunno, maybe watch 'em play first?

Quote Originally Posted by Knick Danger View Post
    Gee I dunno, maybe watch 'em play first?
    Nah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Drafting Obi Toppin (#8 pick) - A. People complain but his upside is what you want in your first pick. he can score, he's explosive, he wants to be here. Who was better at this spot? Some thought he would go higher

Drafting Immanuel Quickley (late 1st round pick) - B+. He can shoot and he can play D.

Signing Alec Burks (1yr/$6M) - B. I get it, he can score. It's a one year deal. Trae bait?

Signing Nerlens Noel (1yr/$5M) - A- I love it. You have two bigs that can disrupt the paint.

Signing Elfrid Payton (1yr/$5M)- D. Redundant

Signing Austin Rivers (3yr/$10M, only 1 guaranteed) - B- He's improved on both ends. Not a bad deal

Acquiring 2nd round picks in future drafts - B

Not going ALL IN for Hayward - A

Not going ALL IN for FVV - A

Favorite Move - Not trading the farm or overspending on a big name
    Least Favorite Move - Signing 3 more veteran guards

Overall Offseason Grade -B+

Ignorance is bliss

We have assembled the worst roster in the NBA and have no chance at signing any star FAs next offseason yet some of you give them a B? LOL

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast