Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Caldwell throwing shade?

The Detroit Lions are floundering under the leadership of head coach Matt Patricia.

Detroit's play on the field is indicative of a football team devoid of real leadership and a commitment to excellence.

Back when ex-NFL head coach Jim Caldwell was the leader on the sidelines, Detroit was winning at a far greater clip than with the current regime.

Prior to his dismissal at the end of the 2017 season, Caldwell had recorded back-to-back nine-win seasons.

On Sunday, following Detroit's first shutout loss since 2019, Caldwell posted an interesting tweet.

"Great leadership requires a devotion to task, mission and ideology that can be understood by watching the man or woman in charge lead their life," Caldwell tweeted.

Caldwell said earlier this year on former Lions safety Glover Quin’s podcast that he believes Detroit general manager Bob Quinn wanted him out of town the moment Quinn arrived in the Motor City.

“I think without question that had he been left to his own devices, I probably would have been gone the day he came in, just kind of the feeling that I got even though, obviously, it went through a two-week process of kind of going through an interview process with him, in order to keep my job,” Caldwell explained to Quin. “And I was thankful to be able to continue, because I did think that we were going to move in the right direction. I did think that we had something that was pretty special.”

The timing of Caldwell's tweet has certainly led some to wonder if he was questioning the leadership of Detroit's current head coach.
    ^#BEEF^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Personally, I think Caldwell threw a little shade the way he would ... respectful and calm in his demeanor.
    ^#BEEF^

Rightfully so, he should haha.

Heard a stat today on The Ticket that he would have to win out this season, 6-0, and then go a perfect 16-0 the following year to STILL be a half game behind Caldwell's record....hahah

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post

Heard a stat today on The Ticket that he would have to win out this season, 6-0, and then go a perfect 16-0 the following year to STILL be a half game behind Caldwell's record....hahah
    So you’re saying there’s a chance?
    ^#BEEF^

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post

I maintain that Patricia might be/is the worst coach in this franchises history. MM and Marinelli have done worse statistically but compare their rosters to the one Patricia inherited and it is not close imo. Patricia has done a lot less with a lot more.

I don't like romanticizing the Caldwell era because it had a lot of downsides but given what has come after and how it felt like he got the short end of the stick, I can understand if he were throwing shade. If nothing else he is better than a majority of Lions coaches over the last 30 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    Personally, I think Caldwell threw a little shade the way he would ... respectful and calm in his demeanor.
    I think he was too. The timing was too good.

Look, it's not like I think Caldwell was great, but **** would I give to have him back. At least the team was competent.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post

I maintain that Patricia might be/is the worst coach in this franchises history. MM and Marinelli have done worse statistically but compare their rosters to the one Patricia inherited and it is not close imo. Patricia has done a lot less with a lot more.

I don't like romanticizing the Caldwell era because it had a lot of downsides but given what has come after and how it felt like he got the short end of the stick, I can understand if he were throwing shade. If nothing else he is better than a majority of Lions coaches over the last 30 years.
    I think you might be right. he has a worse record than the Adam Gase lol. All the stats for us are bottom of the league. All of them. We're not good at ****en anything.

Caldwell rightly deserves to throw shade at our current leadership. In Caldwell's last two seasons combined he went 18-14. Yet Boob Quinn thought that 9-7 wasn't good enough. Boob Quinn's butt buddy Patricia in his 2 1/2 seasons has doubled Caldwell's losses. We have literally regressed every season under Patricia. Patricia is the worst coach this organization has had.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

I bet he had that stoic look on his face as he posted. Then followed it up with that confused look on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post

Look, it's not like I think Caldwell was great, but **** would I give to have him back. At least the team was competent.
    settling for mediocrity is why we moved on from him in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post

Agreed 100000000000000000%
    (i’m not even sure what percentage this is)
    ^#BEEF^

settling for mediocrity is why we moved on from him in the first place
    Better to be the best at sucking donkey ***.