Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Last thing they need is somebody else that will learn on the job, might as well kept Brody.
    Agreed.

Just sell the team already!

Oh wait, Wilpons are gone...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He's a Princeton Grad, That alone should get Brooklyn Dave's endorsement.
    I would rather him be a Duke guy but I am OK with a Princeton guy

excellent.

Not a fan of Hill, Ricciardi and Young being the only names being associated with the Mets FO right now. I really hope there is a surprise candidate. We need a festivus miracle.

Yeah, seems like lame *** candidates with no history or spotty history.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, seems like lame *** candidates with no history or spotty history.
    That's my other reservation with Sandy. I'm not sure he's willing to share the reigns with an experienced baseball executive. Someone in the sense who would have his own significant accomplishments as a GM. I think he wants a guy he can groom. He can say otherwise but I don't know if I believe him. Methodical, analytical, contemplative, etc are all Sandy Alderson traits. I don't see him diverting from that when he makes baseball decisions and in regards to who he hires as GM. Someone will have to be of that ilk.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-26-2020 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's my other reservation with Sandy. I'm not sure he's willing to share the reigns with an experienced baseball executive. Someone in the sense who would have his own significant accomplishments as a GM. I think he wants a guy he can groom. He can say otherwise but I don't know if I believe him. Methodical, analytical, contemplative, etc are all Sandy Alderson traits. I don't see him diverting from that when he makes baseball decisions and in regards to who he hires as GM. Someone will have to be of that ilk.
    I don’t think Sandy would care if the person had experience so long as they fit the mold of what he would want in a POBS.

People like Chernoff, Stearns and Forst likely fit that mold - because of the way their organization was set up. Neander as well, though he declined an interview. It’s likely the Mets had a specific type of person in mind, likely a scouting and analytical background mix but I think all of the guys that Sandy wanted, have declined or not been able to interview. I don’t think it has to do with him not wanting to share power.

Now he’s pivoting to outside of the box candidates or people without experience who share his same philosophy or traits that he can essentially mold.

I do agree with his approach though, find the guy you want or find someone to mold...don’t settle for some dumb *** with experience.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I agree. Unless Sandy's deal was to help put someone in place and move on within a year, two max, I have a hard time seeing him signing off on a major talent, and then hanging around. Also, what major talent would be comfortable working under that dynamic, unless it's someone Sandy has worked with before? I think Sandy is talented, but he also has an ego, and that has gotten in the way with his decisions in the past.

Steve Cohen on SNY: “I’m a little surprised we haven’t been able to find people for the front office. I thought it would be a little bit easier than it has been. Baseball is kind if funny where you have to ask for permission and we are not getting a lot of permission."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Where’s Peter Brand when you need him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I liked him until I saw he was best buddies with Jordan Belfort.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I liked him until I saw he was best buddies with Jordan Belfort.
    If you consider smoking crack and tossing midgets together best friend criteria.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Ken Rosenthal

One option: For Ricciardi and John Ricco to work under Chris Young, if Young becomes Mets GM. Both Ricciardi and Ricco were in Mets’ FO when Young was with club in 2011-12. Steve Cohen does not want “people learning on my dime,” but experience of Ricciardi and Ricco would help.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    If you consider smoking crack and tossing midgets together best friend criteria.

You left out the head shaving strippers.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Ken Rosenthal

One option: For Ricciardi and John Ricco to work under Chris Young, if Young becomes Mets GM. Both Ricciardi and Ricco were in Mets’ FO when Young was with club in 2011-12. Steve Cohen does not want “people learning on my dime,” but experience of Ricciardi and Ricco would help.
    How ****ing lame

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast