Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    A little off topic, but I be hella laughing cuz masks are a new type of trash everywhere now. I steady see masks lying on the parking lot pavement with tire marks on them, lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    A little off topic, but I be hella laughing cuz masks are a new type of trash everywhere now. I steady see masks lying on the parking lot pavement with tire marks on them, lol.

If something isn’t biodegradable, people should be held responsible for littering.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If something isn’t biodegradable, people should be held responsible for littering.
    Agreed.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Part of our problem with littering period is we've become a throwaway nation in so many areas. It's too convenient for us to have a drink in our hand that comes in a throwaway container, as a huge example of that. People don't care because they're never held accountable...and many of them are hypocritical.

Doesn't solve the problem of the dbag that tosses their disposable mask on the ground and I'm glad there's companies trying to at least do some cleanup in the oceans, but why is it we can't find a way to NOT have tons and tons of plastic bottles IN our oceans and everywhere else they end up? Why CAN'T we find ways to not only get people to properly dispose of them but find a way to REPURPOSE them....i.e. compress them into bricks and use as building materials.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Agreed. It always looked so odd to me when I saw Asian travelers and I’d catch something on most of my trips. It makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah I will go so far as to admit I MADE FUN OF THEM. I am a ****ing jack ***.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

I can say that when we get back to normal, I am going to strongly consider my job based on whether they allow me to keep working remotely. I've gotten used to it and like it. I get an hour back each day, hundreds and hundreds of dollars back each month, and I can work from literally anywhere with reliable internet access. So I can go on longer vacations by taking my time in addition to doing work from the road.
    Which brings up another issue regarding remote work....I even ran into this a number of years ago.
    I had been working remotely, only required to come into the office for the occasional meeting (and not all of them) or when I needed to do something I couldn't do efficiently remotely.

At one point I was asked to come in 2 days a week, because there had supposedly been complaints from some asking 'how come HE gets to work from home and we don't?' I've actually had that in recent months as well....there would be days on end where the work I was doing had NO requirement to be in the office...but I sat in my office every day anyway because...it didn't cause friction.

So companies also need to be careful to not unknowingly create some sort of odd 'class system' or friction among workers by only allowing certain workers to choose to work remotely while not allowing others. However, I do think THIS time frame will help a lot towards eliminating some of that friction.

....after all, no machinist expects to be able to work from home, ya can't be a burger flipper online only

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Yeah I will go so far as to admit I MADE FUN OF THEM. I am a ****ing jack ***.
    Isn't it funny how quickly perceptions change sometimes?
    Even just thinking weather this time of year. When it first starts getting colder we'll say 'oh crap, the high is only going to be about 50 degrees today' yet two weeks later we might say 'hey, I heard it might get up to 50 today!'

I'm still working out the logistics of taking my holiday flight mid-December. Not only do I have to think about spending 7 hours straight in a metal tube with 300 people whom I don't know where they just came from, but I have to bring proof of a recent negative covid test and that test has to come from a lab on Hawaii's approval list (which doesn't include much close to me, possibly only Walgreens).

On the one hand you can think...well, feel safer, they've ALL had recent negative tests or they're not on the plane, right? Well no, they can choose to quarantine for two weeks (not many would, but it only takes one) or, in order to have a recent test many (including me) might be taking the less reliable quick test.

I guarantee if I indeed go, I'll not just be masked up, I may consider wearing a haz mat suit.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Well here's some changes that appear may continue on to become more the norm

We have already seen many companies allowing more employees to work from home, with a lot of them already making that a permanent option. This change alone has already caused and will continue to cause more people to move AWAY from cities- after all, if your choice of where to live is no longer tied to where you work, do you choose to live in an urban area or choose not to?

This summer I was 'browsing' for lake lots I might be interested in, for me thinking lot vs home because a lot could be built on if I decide to live there in retirement, enjoyed as is until then, or sold assumedly for a profit if I decide to retire elsewhere. At a lake an hour or so away I was looking at lots in a development and was told that most of the lots purchased recently...were by people from Minneapolis, 4 hours away, who planned to live there full time and work from home.

Additionally, my company relies on construction happening; no construction equals no sale. The pandemic hasn't just SLOWED some construction, it has actually KILLED some projects while delaying others while they rework plans. Why? Well, if more people are working from home permanently, companies need less space at the office. So they may scale down the space they build or plan to lease.
    I guess I just disagree that the work from home trend is due to the pandemic. I'll agree that for a lot of companies the need for a work from home option was accelerated, but companies were going to work from home already. The same could be said with online/remote learning.

I also think that some companies will find it doesnt work for them while others will embrace it. Studies that I've seen show that some people are much more productive at home, while others most certainly are not. I think the companies that want to go that way will find ways to identify the ones that are more productive. Very generally, introverts are more productive and extroverts arent.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I guess I just disagree that the work from home trend is due to the pandemic. I'll agree that for a lot of companies the need for a work from home option was accelerated, but companies were going to work from home already. The same could be said with online/remote learning.

I also think that some companies will find it doesnt work for them while others will embrace it. Studies that I've seen show that some people are much more productive at home, while others most certainly are not. I think the companies that want to go that way will find ways to identify the ones that are more productive. Very generally, introverts are more productive and extroverts arent.
    I wasn't meaning the WFH trend started with the pandemic, but it has definitely accelerated it and more people, more companies, are changing their mindsets on it. I've seen it just in the way some construction projects have reacted- either scaling back on office space completely and/or redesigning space to incorporate more enclosed individual spaces while expanding common areas.

I wasn't meaning the WFH trend started with the pandemic, but it has definitely accelerated it and more people, more companies, are changing their mindsets on it. I've seen it just in the way some construction projects have reacted- either scaling back on office space completely and/or redesigning space to incorporate more enclosed individual spaces while expanding common areas.
    Oh sure, I can agree with that.

Watch out: “biodegradable” and “compostable” are — more often than not — not. They are great marketing tools, but they can be very misleading.

This might be in Americas best interest tho.
    That is a debate worth having. But not on this thread.

It's a normal because we have allowed it to happen. Once the vaccine hits, there is no need for masks, social distancing, remote anything. Time to reopen!
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Watch out: “biodegradable” and “compostable” are — more often than not — not. They are great marketing tools, but they can be very misleading.
    yup, it's like equating low calorie with healthy.....or believing 0 trans fat products contain no trans fat

or in this case believing biodegradable means it'll break down quickly, not in years

yup, it's like equating low calorie with healthy.....or believing 0 trans fat products contain no trans fat

or in this case believing biodegradable means it'll break down quickly, not in years
    In many case, never — unless subjected to the proper conditions (which most consumers do not know).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast