Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Yeah I will go so far as to admit I MADE FUN OF THEM. I am a ****ing jack ***.
    You ain't the only one.

I saw them around town more than traveling via airplane. Would always make me think of the Imperial March and laugh a little inside.

https://youtu.be/s3SZ5sIMY6o

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    It's a normal because we have allowed it to happen. Once the vaccine hits, there is no need for masks, social distancing, remote anything. Time to reopen!

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    It's a normal because we have allowed it to happen. Once the vaccine hits, there is no need for masks, social distancing, remote anything. Time to reopen!
    Parler is great this time of year!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

This wouldn't be a permanent change, although for some it might involve some ongoing changes.

What are you doing...and not doing...for Thanksgiving this year that's different from a usual year?
    Do you normally make a big trip and you're not this year?
    Or even just you normally go to a family member's locally, but this year you're staying home?
    Or even, like my brother, who has for years flown to another brother's place for the weekend, but is now finding himself, for the first time since he got married, planning to cook a Thanksgiving meal at home.
    Do you normally cook, but this year you're ordering in?
    Regardless of where you're spending the day, will your menu be about the same, or quite different?
    Or are you Canadian and you already did this last month...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    This wouldn't be a permanent change, although for some it might involve some ongoing changes.

What are you doing...and not doing...for Thanksgiving this year that's different from a usual year?
    Or even just you normally go to a family member's locally, but this year you're staying home?
    Or even, like my brother, who has for years flown to another brother's place for the weekend, but is now finding himself, for the first time since he got married, planning to cook a Thanksgiving meal at home.
    Regardless of where you're spending the day, will your menu be about the same, or quite different?
    I come from an incredibly dysfunctional family. Every holiday my brother and I are expected to go see our Mom, Dad and last remaining grandparent on 3 separate days because the 3 of them refuse to ever be in the same room. This year my brother and I did Thanksgiving at my place. It was the most relaxed and enjoyable Thanksgiving I can recall. We're planning to piggyback the idea for Christmas as well. Just gonna bake a bunch of edibles and get stoned watching Christmas cartoons.

I made the trip to see my baca (Croatian grandma) a week before Thanksgiving to have a visit. Realistically she's the only one I still would've visited for Thanksgiving but cases started to spike right around that time. She's 90 and not in good health so for Christmas I'll probably just be dropping by to say hi through the glass door lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

1) Spending it with my wife and kids at our house, normally we go to one side or the other
    2) The trip is to a family's home 40 or so miles away, but thanks to COVID and an out of state wedding everyone is staying home
    3) Not cooking, having Maggiano's Salad, Pasta, and Zuccotto Chocolate Cake
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

For me, I'm usually in one of two places in recent years- when I worked for the state, most often I was invited to a big gathering with my cousin's family...not happening this year. Otherwise it would be spent with my brother...they're going to his step-son's place.

So, while I sometimes cook anyway (if you're invited out to eat, you don't have leftovers!), this year will be by myself. Decided to bake a ham this year, with baked potatoes, sweet potatoes, green been casserole, and apple pie.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post

I made the trip to see my baca (Croatian grandma)
    lol, nice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I think local and state governments will ramp up equipment and supplies, problem is the next pandemic may be airborne or some other method and need a completely different medical response that doesn't require masks, face shields, ventilators. I think with 60% of people getting the vaccine we will develop higher immunities because 60% won't be spreading the virus if it can't grow in the host. Typically about 40% of the population don't get flu shots.

The mortality rate is dropping and someone at Columbia modeled it at .015. One of the reasons its dropping is the medical profession knows how to treat it better.

I think by summer we will be close to normal for US travel, shopping, maybe even going to baseball games.
    Expect 100 million to be vaccinated in the next 3-4 months with one of the 3 vaccines.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

The current pandemic is airborne.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The current pandemic is airborne.
    Yes, I meant something that spreads like spores in the wind so social distancing doesn't work and airborne that can live long distances in HVAC systems with a longer life span. Basically something that is completely different so we need different precautions, methods and treatment than SARS (CV-2)/ Covid-19. Basically something we don't know what it is is or how it transmits, that is what is harder to prepare for.
    Last edited by SfgiantsJD3; 11-25-2020 at 08:52 PM.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

One thing that I've noticed since COVID is that my eating style has gone to the extremes. Most of my meals are either some type of fast food or something I've made almost entirely from scratch. I had Wendy's for dinner last night and tonight I had homemade chicken noodle soup.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Call me old fashion but I hope the handshake doesn't go away. I hear what your saying about it G-Men and won't argue your basis for wanting it out, but the handshake is rooted in civility, respect and tradition.

I only jerk off in private now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I only jerk off in private now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My opinion that you're Jeffrey Toobin has gone out the window.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast