Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nancy Pelosi

Nancy Pelosi

What's the argument in defense of Nancy Pelosi and her leadership role?
    HELLO

None, sorry Ram for such a short reply but she is in the Trump Zone with me where I can't stop cussing about her. Self-serving, brought off bit ch. Her political ploy with the stimulus bill was despicable.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

The argument is that we need someone who can actually pass legislation and has experinence at the helm with only an extremely slim margin in the House. For investigations and the like, you only need 50%+1 but when it comes to passing bills, you need to assume a buffer in case something might cost someone a seat.

The other best argument is who would you believe has the ability to act with the gavel and get something done?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Don't worry she will lose the leadership role again, especially if Biden continues to do the same old thing.
    Last edited by WES445; 12-10-2020 at 07:17 PM.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    What's the argument in defense of Nancy Pelosi and her leadership role?
    How she basically sat on or actually opposed relief money going to people suffering from loss of jobs and businesses due to the virus based on politics should tell you exactly what kind of harpy she really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    How she basically sat on or actually opposed relief money going to people suffering from loss of jobs and businesses due to the virus based on politics should tell you exactly what kind of harpy she really is.
    Correct. Her handling of this has been a complete and utter failure. It's one thing to have to convince Republicans that the government helping people in need out is OK and even necessary. It's an impossibility when the top Democrat doesn't give a **** either. Most Republicans don't even pretend to care...clearly prioritizing corporations over people as always. I like to say that people like Nancy at least pretend to care. She's hardly even pretending.

Getting outflanked by Josh Hawley. An absolute turd. But good on him (and Bernie...as always).

But if you want to pump more money into our defense budget and stop any sort of progressive momentum, she's your girl.

You guys have no idea how good you have it with the current leadership. If only all your main grievances weren't always figments of your imagination (stolen elections, Obama the communist, taking your guns, raising your taxes, etc.)
    HELLO

According to Realclearpolitics.com, Nancy Pelosi's approval rating is worse than Trump's is.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-5493.html
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-6673.html

Yeah, shes awful.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    According to Realclearpolitics.com, Nancy Pelosi's approval rating is worse than Trump's is.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-5493.html
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...able-6673.html
    Makes sense to me. She has the distinction of being disliked by both the right and the left.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Correct. Her handling of this has been a complete and utter failure. It's one thing to have to convince Republicans that the government helping people in need out is OK and even necessary. It's an impossibility when the top Democrat doesn't give a **** either. Most Republicans don't even pretend to care...clearly prioritizing corporations over people as always. I like to say that people like Nancy at least pretend to care. She's hardly even pretending.

Getting outflanked by Josh Hawley. An absolute turd. But good on him (and Bernie...as always).

But if you want to pump more money into our defense budget and stop any sort of progressive momentum, she's your girl.

You guys have no idea how good you have it with the current leadership. If only all your main grievances weren't always figments of your imagination (stolen elections, Obama the communist, taking your guns, raising your taxes, etc.)
    What law does Nancy get to make all by herself exactly? I don't understand this claim since it seems to ignore the entire way that a bill becomes a law.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    What law does Nancy get to make all by herself exactly? I don't understand this claim since it seems to ignore the entire way that a bill becomes a law.
    I don't think you have been following Congress's struggles to do right by the American people. Her fellow Democrat congressional members, not just the progressive, complain she should have made the deal when the republicans agree to a 1.8 trillion instead of 2.2 trillion that she wanted. Both included the $1, 2000 stimulus checks. This was before the election when the republicans and Trump were willing to seem like they care. Now, Biden is in and the republicans don't give a damn and is now lowballing the stimulus bill while adding a provision that protects companies from being sue by their employees for not safeguarding their welfare, think of the meatpacking industry, and removing the stimulus checks to the public.

It isn't about getting bills past, but her gameplay with this stimulus bill. Congress will be going on their holiday break during the worst of this pandemic with no relief in sight for the American people.

If I left anything out or misspoke on something, someone please let me know.
    Last edited by WES445; 12-11-2020 at 02:04 AM.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I don't think you have been following Congress's struggles to do right by the American people. Her fellow Democrat congressional members, not just the progressive, complain she should have made the deal when the republicans agree to a 1.8 trillion instead of 2.2 trillion that she wanted. Both included the $1, 2000 stimulus checks. This was before the election when the republicans and Trump were willing to seem like they care. Now, Biden is in and the republicans don't give a damn and is now lowballing the stimulus bill while adding a provision that protects companies from being sue by their employees for not safeguarding their welfare, think of the meatpacking industry, and removing the stimulus checks to the public.

It isn't about getting bills past, but her gameplay with this stimulus bill. Congress will be going on their holiday break during the worst of this pandemic with no relief in sight for the American people.

If I left anything out or misspoke on something, someone please let me know.
    Which Republican passed bull had those provisions? I missed that one.

When she turned down that $1.8 trillion she even got flack from various CNN talking heads. Wolf even challenge her to her face for turning down that offer. Google Video: Hell Freezes over CNN's tears Pelosi to SHreds over starving Americans people. This lead to Queen P. Declares "we feed the people" Yeah, right, and that was during the time we had long lines of cars at food banks.

No, I don't watch CNN. I saw the clip on a progressive podcast.
    Last edited by WES445; 12-11-2020 at 02:14 AM.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    When she turned down that $1.8 trillion she even got flack from various CNN talking heads. Wolf even challenge her to her face for turning down that offer.
    Could I get a link to the bull in question, a summary of it, or maybe even an actual vote count on the bill in question?

Because until I see another bill actually passed, the talk is bunk. The House voted on and passed a bill and the Senate (from what Iíve seen) has done absolutely nothing.

Thatís the only thing I will compare. Actual introduced and passed legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Could I get a link to the bull in question, a summary of it, or maybe even an actual vote count on the bill in question?

Because until I see another bill actually passed, the talk is bunk. The House voted on and passed a bill and the Senate (from what Iíve seen) has done absolutely nothing.

Thatís the only thing I will compare. Actual introduced and passed legislation.
    The Senate passed legislation and got like 55 voted but you need 60 to have it go through. The house bill barely passed if I remember right with dems even voting against it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast