Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gasol to the Lakers, McGee to the Cavs

Marc Gasol is heading to the Lakers, in a move to give him more than the vet min they traded McGee to the Cavs for non-guaranteed deals.

Per Woj

I think the LAL have the best off season of any teams so far.

Only need him for about 20 minutes a night and to son Embiid.

Sorry MTM

I must say, I'm super impressed with what Rob and that front office have been able to pull off this "summer".

In:

Gasol

Schroeder

Trez

Matthews

Re-sign KCP

Out:

Cook

Rondo

McGee

AB

Green

Dudley???

JR??

Waiters?

Letís hope we never see Dudley, Waiters, and Smith in a Lakers uniform again.

Love Gasol and all that he did for the Raps but he's finished. Yeah he'll help you get through the reg season but come playoff time he's a HUGE liability on offence. Opposing defences give him Simmons space.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Excellent defending Centre, but I agree with Johnson, the man seemed like he was finished/burnt out during the playoffs. He struggled mightily in the Boston series, couldn't score, and he kept getting outhustled/outrebounded by the Celtics smaller players (Smart, Brown, Tatum). He can be extremely effective defensively, but LA needs to have him in rotations where the guys next to him are hustlers/rebounders, which probably won't be too hard for the Lakers to do with guys like Lebron/Davis/Trez/ etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Love Gasol and all that he did for the Raps but he's finished. Yeah he'll help you get through the reg season but come playoff time he's a HUGE liability on offence. Opposing defences give him Simmons space.
    He will be a spot up 3 pointer and games they play against Jokic. He shot 39% from 3 last year, so on a Lebron lead team, Bron will make him a weapon and take full advantages of his strength without putting him in positions where teams can pray soon his weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    He will be a spot up 3 pointer and games they play against Jokic. He shot 39% from 3 last year, so on a Lebron lead team, Bron will make him a weapon and take full advantages of his strength without putting him in positions where teams can pray soon his weaknesses.
    Only 18% in the playoffs though, maybe it was the bubble.

Still think it's a solid fit for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post

Only need him for about 20 minutes a night and to son Embiid.

Sorry MTM
    makes me so sad lololol... but yea very good off season

Definitely in the twilight of his career but in a team with Bron and AD he will be asked to do the little things which means he will get the job done and he's an upgrade over mcgee

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Spot up? Doubt it. Will the majority of the shots he take on offensive posessions be 3pt shots? Yes. He has games where he makes 3 or 4 but that's the only way he scores the basketball now. His post game has become a joke in his old age. I'm not exaggerating when I say this, opposing defences were literally inviting him into the paint. He has no confidence in his shot unless it's a 3pt shot and even then, he's not good at shooting them.

In saying that, on defence he will always be in position and still has the capability to punk opposing big men if they try and enter the paint. Joel Embiid couldn't even receive an entry pass unless he was 5 feet outside of the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Excellent defending Centre, but I agree with Johnson, the man seemed like he was finished/burnt out during the playoffs. He struggled mightily in the Boston series, couldn't score, and he kept getting outhustled/outrebounded by the Celtics smaller players (Smart, Brown, Tatum). He can be extremely effective defensively, but LA needs to have him in rotations where the guys next to him are hustlers/rebounders, which probably won't be too hard for the Lakers to do with guys like Lebron/Davis/Trez/ etc.
    It wasn't just last season either. The year before he was facing the same issues with the Warriors small lineup along with his own shooting woes. He just loses complete confidence in his shot.

I think Trezz will actually work well as a pairing with Gasol for the reg season. Gasol can still work the defensive boards which is where Trezz really struggles and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Spot up? Doubt it. Will the majority of the shots he take on offensive posessions be 3pt shots? Yes. He has games where he makes 3 or 4 but that's the only way he scores the basketball now. His post game has become a joke in his old age. I'm not exaggerating when I say this, opposing defences were literally inviting him into the paint. He has no confidence in his shot unless it's a 3pt shot and even then, he's not good at shooting them.

In saying that, on defence he will always be in position and still has the capability to punk opposing big men if they try and enter the paint. Joel Embiid couldn't even receive an entry pass unless he was 5 feet outside of the paint.
    Thatís basically all they want him for. Play defense against big centers and stand at the 3 pt line and wait for Bron to kick it out to you. They got a few other bigs who are devastating scorers at the rim.

Yeah Iím one of the guys that thinks Gasol is about done. Because of his age he sucks at a lot of things now. But being as tall as he is, heís still a good defensive presence down low and he can still hit the 3. LA is only going to ask him to do things he is good at. Toronto wanted this man to do way to many things he was no longer proficient at or able to do.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast