Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    I think people are complaining a little too much. This is honestly one of our better signings. Rivers has played on playoff teams/contenders throughout his career. Heís not great, but heís been pretty damn productive. Weíre getting him for pennies on the dollar on team friendly multi year contract with team options.

He will be a solid backup point guard at the very least. I like him better than Payton.

Rose is being smart. He knows that one more year of suffering is better than wasting our cap space on b-level and c-level players. Next year we should have a top 5 pick and cap space to sign 2 Max free agents. On top of that we have a bunch of draft picks and young players that we can use in a trade.

Weíve seen this before, but hopefully it works this time. Maybe rose has already had talks with some of the top players.

Quote Originally Posted by AFG-NYC View Post
    I think people are complaining a little too much. This is honestly one of our better signings. Rivers has played on playoff teams/contenders throughout his career. Heís not great, but heís been pretty damn productive. Weíre getting him for pennies on the dollar on team friendly multi year contract with team options.

He will be a solid backup point guard at the very least. I like him better than Payton.

Rose is being smart. He knows that one more year of suffering is better than wasting our cap space on b-level and c-level players. Next year we should have a top 5 pick and cap space to sign 2 Max free agents. On top of that we have a bunch of draft picks and young players that we can use in a trade.

Weíve seen this before, but hopefully it works this time. Maybe rose has already had talks with some of the top players.
    I agree even if he hasn't had talks this is the way forward. I think Randle will get moved by deadline for more assets

I think the Knicks are stockpiling for a Westbrook trade. LOL

Is anyone else a little surprised Austin could do a little better then this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Is anyone else a little surprised Austin could do a little better then this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am only because he's played a key role on contending teams for the last several years, always seemed to step up when they needed him, and had some big games.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I am only because he's played a key role on contending teams for the last several years, always seemed to step up when they needed him, and had some big games.
    I like him & this signing, on Twitter however Iím seeing a ton of Rockets fans claiming heís barely an NBA player.

I didnít watch his games these past couple of seasons so I donít really know, could just be sour grapes & hoping thatís the case.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I like him & this signing, on Twitter however Iím seeing a ton of Rockets fans claiming heís barely an NBA player.

I didnít watch his games these past couple of seasons so I donít really know, could just be sour grapes & hoping thatís the case.
    Sour grapes? Lol..

Thatís an awful contract for even a bench piece

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Sour grapes? Lol..

Thatís an awful contract for even a bench piece
    I mean itís 3 mil a year. I truly have no clue, maybe he stinks, I donít have context or frame of reference on him, just mentioning what I saw.

Austin Rivers is a maddening player to watch.

People thinking heís going to come in and competently play PG and shoot it well are in for a rude awakening.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post

People thinking heís going to come in and competently play PG and shoot it well are in for a rude awakening.
    Itís laughable that people think heís a PG

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    If Frank/Dennis in contract years cannot get minutes ahead of what you guys believe to be completely trash players, that's on them.
    100% correct

i think people are overrating Austin alot. He plays pretty solid defense and has talent but that talent never produces anything. I believe his contract is one year with a team option but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post

Heís got a quick first step. He can shoot a bit and defend. Heís a solid role player
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I donít think anybody thinks that. Heís a better fit then Payton was most peopleís point
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

This pretty much explains Austin Rivers.

I hate his game but I Honestly don't think hes that bad. He has skills, he can play, he can step up in games, but you never really know what the hell he is going to do. Hes like a different player every time he plays.

Honestly hes better than anyone we signed last year besides Marcus lol.

Im not completely surprised he got 3 mil per, but I am surprised he signed a 3 year deal.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast