Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Dotson is a borderline NBA player, I wouldn't mind filling out the roster with someone like him, but that's my assessment of the guy based on his time here. Not going to miss him
    Thatís true. But Rivers isnít much either. Tells you what you need to know about him, when you see the deal he got. I mean DJ Augustin just got 3/21 (not sure if 2 or all years guaranteed)

Quote Originally Posted by beagleboss View Post
    This is the worst type of guard to have for Barrett and Toppin. Awful signing!
    Dude it's a 3yr/10mil contract with team options on years 2 and 3. For a probable backup PG

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Thatís true. But Rivers isnít much either. Tells you what you need to know about him, when you see the deal he got. I mean DJ Augustin just got 3/21 (not sure if 2 or all years guaranteed)
    Well we know Payton stinks. Hopefully the young guys finally step it up and take their spots/minutes by force. Iíd be ecstatic if the rotations (by earning it) ended up being:

Frank-Quickley-RJ-Obi-Mitch
    DSJ-Burks-Iggy-Knox-Noel
    Payton-Rivers-Bullock-Randle-Spellman

Thatís sort of what weíre hoping for is the young guns just taking over and giving Thibs no choice but to bury the vets. No more excuses time for these kids to grow a pair and take it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Well we know Payton stinks. Hopefully the young guys finally step it up and take their spots/minutes by force. Iíd be ecstatic if the rotations (by earning it) ended up being:

DSJ-Burks-Iggy-Knox-Noel

Thatís sort of what weíre hoping for is the young guns just taking over and giving Thibs no choice but to bury the vets. No more excuses time for these kids to grow a pair and take it.
    Thatís pretty much the only plus for me. If they canít play their way in to this rotation, time to go

On the other side, will Thibs bench vets? And why create that environment again in the first place?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-23-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post

DSJ-Burks-Iggy-Knox-Noel

This would be great, but it's never going to happen.

I'm actually very nervous that many of Frank, Quickley, DSJ, Knox and Iggy don't even make the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    This would be great, but it's never going to happen.

I'm actually very nervous that many of Frank, Quickley, DSJ, Knox and Iggy don't even make the rotation.
    Well thatís on them at this point. I trust Thibs way more than I trusted Fizdale or Hornacek. I believe heíll make good assessments so now itís on the kids to beat out these vets. Theyíre not good vets lol (Bullock & Burks arenít bad but the rest of them meh).

If Frank/Dennis in contract years cannot get minutes ahead of what you guys believe to be completely trash players, that's on them.

Lets see, I haven't seen him play too much. Dotson I have. The deal doesn't tell me much to be honest. I didn't think multiple teams would be in a bidding war over Rivers. He's a backup guard. Seems like a good deal for both sides. He could up playing backup guard here for a few years is I guess what the deal tells me.

Thibs is an elite coach? Why?

What has he won?
    Is Brad Stevens an elite coach? I will answer it YES HE IS , but he has not won anything either .

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    Is Brad Stevens an elite coach? I will answer it YES HE IS , but he has not won anything either .
    Iíd put Stevens up there before Thibs. Based on what they had to work with. Rose and Butler alone are better than anything Stevens has worked with to this point

Guess it depends how lenient you are with that elite tag. Iím putting Pop, Spo, Carlisle, Kerr (have to) in there for sure. Stevens is a fringe guy, and Nurse I think will be in that elite class. Mike B, as well. Should I capitolize anything for emphasis?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-23-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Iíd put Stevens up there before Thibs. Based on what they had to work with. Rose and Butler alone are better than anything Stevens has worked with to this point

Guess it depends how lenient you are with that elite tag. Iím putting Pop, Spo, Carlisle, Kerr (have to) in there for sure. Stevens is a fringe guy, and Nurse I think will be in that elite class. Mike B, as well
    Did you miss what the Bulls were still able to accomplish without Rose? Butler wasnít a star yet.

If itís solely about doing more with less, then why are Popovich, Spo, Carlisle and Kerr on that list. They have championships, but look at the Spurs since Duncan retired, look at the Heat post LeBron/before Butler, Carlisle without Dirk or Doncic? Kerr is self explanatory.

Heís at least with Bud. My issue with Thibs is his time may have passed.
    Last edited by smood999; 11-23-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Did you miss what the Bulls were still able to accomplish without Rose? Butler wasnít a star yet.
    No, didnít miss it. Good job. Iím still going Stevens over him

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post

If itís solely about doing more with less, then why are Popovich, Spo, Carlisle and Kerr on that list. They have championships, but look at the Spurs since Duncan retired, look at the Heat post LeBron/before Butler, Carlisle without Dirk or Doncic? Kerr is self explanatory.

Heís at least with Bud. My issue with Thibs is his time may have passed.
    Itís not just about more with less

He brought up Stevens. Him and Thibs are similar, in results, without winning one. To be definitely elite, Iíd say you need a ring. I donít think Kerr is all that, but I canít discount the results. He has something to do with it.

And Iíd take all those guys easily over Stevens or Thibs, if I had a choice. Itís close between them, though
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 11-23-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Itís not just about more with less

He brought up Stevens. Him and Thibs are similar, in results, without winning one. To be definitely elite, Iíd say you need a ring. I donít think Kerr is all that, but I canít discount the results. He has something to do with it.

And Iíd take all those guys easily over Stevens or Thibs, if I had a choice. Itís close between them, though
    Ok yeah I agree with that. I didnít realize you were including him in that next tier.

I think its safe to say Thibs legacy will ultimately come down to what happens here. He had a great run in Chicago, those teams consistently overachieved and they did it with defense. It's debatable, but Minnesota was something of a small disaster. So the fact that he's not considered to consensually be in the top bucket, that alone should serve to motivate him about this stint. Lets see. I have my issues with Thibs as many seem to do, but I'm certainly more excited about this coaching hire than our last 5. This is the time to be optimistic.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast