Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Second round picks, value ????

In my years of watching basketball I have seen second round picks bring value. However, I have never seen a team stockpile them like the Knicks are. I have heard of the expected " Double Draft "in a few years and the team stocked up with several picks that year. However, I have never seen second rounders used to trade for a first rounder, for example. Is the team exaggerating the value of second rounders ? Help me out ...

Its anyones guess how that whole thing will turn out.

But you do have to remember rose comes from a sports agent background, and is still clearly connected to CAA.

These guys are following future nba prospects far before they are even on our map.

A lot of these agents know these kids on a personal level by the time they are playing aau ball.

So if CAA is projecting a deep draft when high school kids can enter, they are probably right.

Hope your right. I am not knocking the strategy. It's best to get value any kind you can find. Just wondering if anyone has seen a package of second rounders for a first rounder ? Or second rounders with a first rounder to move up a lottery pick ? I have seen some trades over the years where a second rounder gets some good players. Hey NBA fans, you guys can list any trades using first rounders to obtain good talent in trades ?

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Hope your right. I am not knocking the strategy. It's best to get value any kind you can find. Just wondering if anyone has seen a package of second rounders for a first rounder ? Or second rounders with a first rounder to move up a lottery pick ? I have seen some trades over the years where a second rounder gets some good players. Hey NBA fans, you guys can list any trades using first rounders to obtain good talent in trades ?
    They can be used as sweeteners in a package deal. Or easy way to lock up a roster spot on the cheap if you pick right. Its non guaranteed salary.

For every Mitchell Robinson, you have Kyle Guy (47th pick Ignas Brazdeikis), Ognjen Jaramaz, Andy Rautins, Kostas Papanikolaou, Thanasis Antetokounmpo, Cleo Early, and Daymean Dotson...

GM Scott Perry is running the Knicks like they're as helpless as Detroit, Sacramento, or Orlando.

The Knicks need starters not a collection of CBA All-Stars just good enough for this team to draft 8th again.