Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This was the number one priority of the off season. Tatum signed for 5 guaranteed years now. Smart/Tatum/Brown all signed long term. Foundation is set. Ainge needs to add to the roster to help these guys now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cís just locked up the franchise. There arenít many players in the league more deserving of a 5 year max deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I know itís standard but I canít handle the player option after these last two off seasons haha
    I don't see it as much of an issue in Boston. Tatum is the new Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Why?
    Well because most teams would have minimum 2 maybe 3 franchise players? I mean the Bulls had Jordon, and Pippen the Lakers had Kobe and Shaq Early Celtics had Bird and Mchale. Besides Tatum who else can carry this team Walker?

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Well because most teams would have minimum 2 maybe 3 franchise players? I mean the Bulls had Jordon, and Pippen the Lakers had Kobe and Shaq Early Celtics had Bird and Mchale. Besides Tatum who else can carry this team Walker?
    They're young man, with lots of flexibility. Brown is coming into his own as well.

They're young man, with lots of flexibility. Brown is coming into his own as well.
    What Iím saying is if everyone thinks Tatum is the only guy
    that will carry this Celtics team their not gonna go very far.

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    What Iím saying is if everyone thinks Tatum is the only guy
    that will carry this Celtics team their not gonna go very far.
    Ohhh lol Smart, Kemba and Brown are all good. Tatum is just better, imo. I think all 4 could do a collective carry [emoji1745]

Ohhh lol Smart, Kemba and Brown are all good. Tatum is just better, imo. I think all 4 could do a collective carry [emoji1745]
    I guess weíll wait and see.

Vince to Gronk

C's need to find a way to get one more #1 like Giannis if they want to knock off the Lakers... Lebron with AD is just unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    C's need to find a way to get one more #1 like Giannis if they want to knock off the Lakers... Lebron with AD is just unfair.
    Disagree. They just need time. Brown/Tatum enter their primes in 2 years. By then LeBron will be 2 years older and a Free Agent. All sorts of possibilities will open at that time. Stay the course

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    if you have kids teach them basketball... no other sport matters... safer than football/hockey and paid better than all the other sports.
    Ehhh I would say baseball is the way to go IMO

Quote Originally Posted by corky831 View Post
    Ehhh I would say baseball is the way to go IMO
    harder to crack. you can make millions just playing hoops overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post
    Disagree. They just need time. Brown/Tatum enter their primes in 2 years. By then LeBron will be 2 years older and a Free Agent. All sorts of possibilities will open at that time. Stay the course
    I just don't see it with JB. He's a nice scrapper like Smart with better offensive skills, but I don't see him ever turning into a dominant player. Those types of players usually show up from day one like Bird/MJ/Magic/LeBron/Durant/Shaq/Duncan after a couple of seasons, like Tatum/Harden/Giannis/Curry/Kawhi/Kobe did after a couple of learning years where they showed that potential to take over games. Brown is developing into an elite defender but offensively he's just a solid role player. Even when we had Kyrie here, you could see that Tatum was going to be the best player on the court on many nights. We need another one of those to really take the team to the next level.

I just don't see it with JB. He's a nice scrapper like Smart with better offensive skills, but I don't see him ever turning into a dominant player. Those types of players usually show up from day one like Bird/MJ/Magic/LeBron/Durant/Shaq/Duncan after a couple of seasons, like Tatum/Harden/Giannis/Curry/Kawhi/Kobe did after a couple of learning years where they showed that potential to take over games. Brown is developing into an elite defender but offensively he's just a solid role player. Even when we had Kyrie here, you could see that Tatum was going to be the best player on the court on many nights. We need another one of those to really take the team to the next level.
    Not necessarily. The C's are a deep team that's really only weakness is in their bigs. By year 2 of Tatum's deal I expect him to be a fully certified killer. You guys have been progressing at a solid rate. Sometime over the next year or two you guys are going to have to make a trade that hurts but if it's the right move, it'll put you over the top. My guess is that it'll be Marcus Smart being dealt for a big.

Obviously the Kawhi deal played the biggest part for the Raps championship. That trade didn't hurt though because as much as I loved DeMar, we got Kawhi Leonard. I was sad for about 2 minutes. The JV for Gasol deal is the one that hurt. Not only was JV the better player, he was a huge fan favourite. Gasol just brought skills to the table that JV didn't quite have. The Raps team 3pt% went way up after that deal was made and one could argue it was in part to Gasol's ability to find the open man. That trade took me a while to be happy about but it ultimately helped lead the Raps to a championship.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

I hope he stays with the Bucks I had them as ECF favorites beating the Lakers in the Finals. But since the Lakers
    are like the Yankees of the NBA who probably have more money than what to do with I wouldn't be shocked if he did sign with the Lakers.

Vince to Gronk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast