Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Uh-huh sure, John.
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 11-24-2020 at 04:17 PM.

Letís hope that these conspiracy theories are true.

Basically the Knicks then led by former Team President Steve "Wind" Mills" and (hopefully former) GM Scott Perry drafted a lot of college kids who had 1 year of NCAA ball under their belt. Of course they were going to get swatted in the NBA.

They're hoping Kenny Payne can bring back their fundamentals, work on their weaknesses, and complete their Jedi training.

Right now, this team looks atrocious because it's all kids with VERY little basketball experience and veteran signings are horribly flawed as well.

the way calipari is talking up the Knicks and his Kentucky players is like nothing I've ever seen before. I've never seen a college coach in basketball or football so clearly aligned with a pro franchise.

Something big is brewing here, its obvious, CAA, Calipari, Knicks, are building a pipeline to send Kentucky players to NY.

Look at the way he talks about how he knows what Knicks are doing and their plan, never have I seen anything like this. you may not think this is a big deal, but it is, this has never happened like this.

CAA is doing something that Is a game changer right now.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Letís hope that these conspiracy theories are true.

its not a conspiracy theory its the truth, but its not a bad thing the way some people are making it out to be.

CAA had the 2nd most players in this draft, They are still the most powerful agency in the world, CAA is putting down a new foundation to build something no one has ever seen before.

A pipeline between players an a nba franchise that they have control over.

When I was hyping up rose as a great hire, never did I think they would try to pull off something this big. Thats another reason they want all the 2nd rnd picks. they can use them as leverage to sign players, and than get them drafted to NY.

Its a brilliant plan.
    And keeping the Knicks cap space in tact, Now they can use that as leverage to sign stars, and than send them to NY.

I tried telling y'all hiring Rose and CAA, was the best thing this franchise has done in years, Now I see the plan, and its bigger than I thought.

And think about it, Calipari loves this because he can use this recruit players without breaking any rules or laws.

Calipari recruits them to Kentucky, and recruits them to sign with CAA, CAA gets clients, Knicks get first dibs on the players they want. CAA uses Knicks draft picks and Cap space as leverage to sign players.

I feel like I just uncovered a huge conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    And think about it, Calipari loves this because he can use this recruit players without breaking any rules or laws.

Calipari recruits them to Kentucky, and recruits them to sign with CAA, CAA gets clients, Knicks get first dibs on the players they want. CAA uses Knicks draft picks and Cap space as leverage to sign players.

Youíre definitely onto something. At first I wasnít thrilled about this, but now Iím starting to believe this is a great thing. Leon is certainly doing something different with this franchise, I just hope Dolan can keep his nose out and not ruin was Leon is building.

How do the Knicks get first dibs on the players they want ? Least I forget, isn't there a draft ? Are you talking about when they become free agents ?

Melo would of came but it would be too obvious is one of the dumbest posts of all time.
    Totally agree. Dude names 5 players. What about all the other players? How many teams in the NBA have 5 CAA/Kentucky players? My guess would be the Knicks aren't the only ones

Calipari's job is to get these kids at Kentucky drafted...

He talked up Quixley the same way he talked up Kevin Knox...and every other player drafted out of Kentucky.

What Johnny omitted:

1. Quixly/Quickley: has a TERRIBLE handle. He can shoot the moon out but his turnovers per game is almost equal to his assists per game. He's a TERRIBLE point. Great shooter but terrible point.

2. Kevin Knox: Loses his focus when he doesn't have the ball. Needs to be engaged.

I don't blame John. He's doing his job. I'm just worried CAA will be more interested in using the Knicks are like a whorehouse than bringing a franchise back to respectability.

Kentucky is successful in basketball as is CAA, I don't have anything against having successful basketball people running the show for once.
    `

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Youíre definitely onto something. At first I wasnít thrilled about this, but now Iím starting to believe this is a great thing. Leon is certainly doing something different with this franchise, I just hope Dolan can keep his nose out and not ruin was Leon is building.
    Leon needs to hide cheeseburgers and pizza around the garden . Dolan's nose will be occupied as he spends his time tracking them down like a bloodhound

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    How do the Knicks get first dibs on the players they want ? Least I forget, isn't there a draft ? Are you talking about when they become free agents ?
    What Im saying is Knicks through CAA have the most legit scouting report coming straight from calapari himself and his assistant coaches. Calipari is working directly with CAA who is working directly with the Knicks.

CAA feeds us the intel on the players. The coaches can say who they want or don't want. Other teams aren't getting this same intel. Not to mention, CAA can bully teams not to draft certain players, they can tell players don't give a good interview to these teams, etc.

It doesn't guarantee we get the guy we want, But look what happened with Obi. The day before the draft reports flooded that Knicks wanted Obi. Everyone said we had to trade up for him, he was Supposed to be a top 5 pick.

But he falls to us. Do I think CAA caused that? Yes
    do I know for sure, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Calipari's job is to get these kids at Kentucky drafted...

He talked up Quixley the same way he talked up Kevin Knox...and every other player drafted out of Kentucky.

What Johnny omitted:

1. Quixly/Quickley: has a TERRIBLE handle. He can shoot the moon out but his turnovers per game is almost equal to his assists per game. He's a TERRIBLE point. Great shooter but terrible point.

2. Kevin Knox: Loses his focus when he doesn't have the ball. Needs to be engaged.

I don't blame John. He's doing his job. I'm just worried CAA will be more interested in using the Knicks are like a whorehouse than bringing a franchise back to respectability.
    calipari didn't just talk up his players though, he defended the Knicks decisions, talked up Kenny Payne, that's not the same as business as usual, This is one of the best recruiting college coaches blatantly standing up for a NBA organization, we have never seen that before.

Its pretty obvious, CAA, Calipari, Rose are on the same page here.

This is a huge game changer, CAA isn't staying in the shadows anymore, trying to be equal to all sides involved, this is CAA letting everyone know, you either with us or against us.

As far as the business of nba talent goes, this is a huge statement.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 11-27-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Dolan has always been CAAs puppet, he will listen to whatever Rose tells him.

Dolan always wanted CAA to run his organization, but they weren't in the helping Dolan business at the time, they were in the helping CAA business.

The way CAA saw it, was they were helping Dolan get talent for concerts and all the non basketball related stuff, so he paid them back with signing their guys and forcing guys to sign to CAA.

But its different now, Theres a lot of sports agencies who are competing with CAA, and to stay a step ahead they are now in the nba organization building business.

Quite frankly, The nba shouldn't allow this. If Klutch sports did the same thing, which is what they want to do, the nba and nba franchises would be up in arms. Klutch already kind of does this through Lebron, by forcing his teammates and guys who want to play w him, to sign with Klutch.

This is such a massive advantage for CAA and NY, people just don't see the big picture yet. As a Knicks fan I love it, as a nba basketball fan, its not a good thing as far as all things being equal goes.
    Last edited by TakeAnotherL; 11-27-2020 at 11:52 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast