Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Lakers Sign Wes Matthews 1 yr/$3.6M

Sure I know ... another thread .... and itís already been discussed in the FA thread

But again, itís an official agreeing to terms of an acquisition for the Lakers.

Do you guys feel this is the most underrated signing of the offseason for the defending champs?

I just feel like there will be so much attention to Bron, AD and the P&R of Schro/Trezz, attention on KCP doing what he did last year and attention always on the young Kuz to take it up another notch ....

I feel this guy Wes Matthews is one of those guys where opposing teams will have trouble scouting. Heíll draw so many wide open shots and heís just one of those Mike Miller/Kareem Rush/Boobie Gibson type of guys who can hit like 6 or 7 3s in a conference finals or nba finals game.

And his defense is underrated. I also feel body wise heís much stronger than Danny Green.

Thoughts on what he specifically can bring at that salary.

What a lot of people donít know his father Wes Sr won 2 titles with the showtime Lakers in the 80s

Totally agree. Most underrated signing. I feel that the reason Green got traded was that we had a verbal agreement from Wes beforehand. I remember his father in the 80s. Was a good guy.

I wanted Wes Mattews for years, instead we got Wes Johnson.........

I hope he still has it this year because he's getting a little old.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I wanted Wes Mattews for years, instead we got Wes Johnson.........

I hope he still has it this year because he's getting a little old.
    I hope he still has it also.

If we manage his playing time it might help with the long season stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Totally agree. Most underrated signing. I feel that the reason Green got traded was that we had a verbal agreement from Wes beforehand. I remember his father in the 80s. Was a good guy.
    Seriously? LOL so if we didn't have a verbal agreement from Mathews you think we wouldn't of traded Green & #28 for Shroder?
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Seriously? LOL so if we didn't have a verbal agreement from Mathews you think we wouldn't of traded Green & #28 for Shroder?
    Yes.

Schroeder is not replacing Green. Mathews is, although he is smaller. Pelinka always balances his decisions. I feel he had Wes locked in verbally (I know it's tampering but they all do it) before he pulled the trigger.
    Last edited by WhiteShadow42; 11-25-2020 at 03:53 PM.

"To Achieve Greatness in this world is to have known Greatness One."

Wes Mathews defense on the king