Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hassan Whiteside

Whiteside he is still on the free agency market and no team has tried targeting him yet...if the Raptors were smart they would sign Hassan Whiteside especially after losing Ibaka. But then other teams who need a big:

Utah Jazz
    Chicago Bulls
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Sacramento Kings

He is a decent player offensively and defensively but there is a reason he bounces around like he does. He failed in Miami and now in Portland. There are questions about his coachability, viability as a passer, and whether his impressive defensive statistics actually mean a better performance for his teams. For whiteside to succeed he has to be in the right situation.
    With that said Toronto has coach Nurse who would be great fit for him. He would also have a significant role with the departure of Ibaka which will keep him happy and willing to play.

He'll definitely be on a team next season, but he's clearly the fall back option for teams which is why he hasn't gotten any offers yet. The trade market for bigs (Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Miles Turner) will probably also be explored before teams turn to him.

Whiteside can be a really good basketball player, but he's a pretty selfish player. The ball stops moving when he's on the floor because he never passes it when it gets to him. Defensively he is limited to the paint. To be completely fair I didn't actually watch a lot of him last year in Portland, but with Miami his negatives were really apparent, especially when Adebayo was his backup. Miami would actually never play him in the 4th quarter because of how badly he killed all ball movement offensively and his limited defensive versatility. He got angry in Miami because his minutes kept decreasing, but they were decreasing because the team was simply better without him. I expect he still has those limitations which is why he's a fallback option for teams.

He will be on a team though and he'll give that team a lot of double doubles and several highlights, but maybe not wins. I would say Toronto, OKC, and Utah would be his best fits, hopefully it will work out well for him.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 11-22-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    He'll definitely be on a team next season, but he's clearly the fall back option for teams which is why he hasn't gotten any offers yet. The trade market for bigs (Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, Miles Turner) will probably also be explored before teams turn to him.

Whiteside can be a really good basketball player, but he's a pretty selfish player. The ball stops moving when he's on the floor because he never passes it when it gets to him. Defensively he is limited to the paint. To be completely fair I didn't actually watch a lot of him last year in Portland, but with Miami his negatives were really apparent, especially when Adebayo was his backup. Miami would actually never play him in the 4th quarter because of how badly he killed all ball movement offensively and his limited defensive versatility. He got angry in Miami because his minutes kept decreasing, but they were decreasing because the team was simply better without him. I expect he still has those limitations which is why he's a fallback option for teams.

He will be on a team though and he'll give that team a lot of double doubles and several highlights, but maybe not wins. I would say Toronto, OKC, and Utah would be his best fits, hopefully it will work out well for him.
    I agree about Toronto, Utah and OKC being the best fits for him

Whiteside looks so disinterested on the court, reminds me of Bynum who admited that he didn't like basketball very much, no shyt?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Whiteside he is still on the free agency market and no team has tried targeting him yet...if the Raptors were smart they would sign Hassan Whiteside especially after losing Ibaka. But then other teams who need a big:

Utah Jazz
    Chicago Bulls
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Sacramento Kings
    New Orleans traded for Steven Adams, which is why there's an opening in OKC.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    New Orleans traded for Steven Adams, which is why there's an opening in OKC.
    OKC also has Horford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although he has all the tools to probably be the best defensive big in the league, he consistently shows an unwillingness to trap, hedge, or closeout which makes him average at best defensively even if he's leading the league in blocks.

After over 4 years of watching him play, I can fairly say he's not worth more than the MLE and probably shouldn't play more than 25 minutes a game, nor can he be a game closer.

If I'm a team like Toronto I honestly have to think hard whether I just sign Baynes than Whiteside. What a fall from grace.

His best fit is probably Charlotte. They are his home town, they have a bunch of guards and solid passers to feed him easy buckets (Hayward, Ball, Graham, Rozier), and they have an okay filler Center already in Zeller who can close when needed so you aren't dependent on Whiteside late in games.

He would have to take the room MLE or the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    His best fit is probably Charlotte. They are his home town, they have a bunch of guards and solid passers to feed him easy buckets (Hayward, Ball, Graham, Rozier), and they have an okay filler Center already in Zeller who can close when needed so you aren't dependent on Whiteside late in games.

He would have to take the room MLE or the minimum.
    Whiteside to the Hornets actually would make them legit